AQUAMAN Movie ($67.4 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i remember right, Aquaman along with Green Arrow, Wonder Woman and Batman(obviously) are considered the best new 52 solo titles.

Lame Still Fishboy, Scott Snyder's run on Batman and Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato's run with Flash are the only only titles from the New 52 I like , the rest is crap.

personally, i'd prefer aquaman looking like an islander. I'd think he be a bit toasty from hanging around the ocean.

imbd lists their heights:
Jason Momoa 6'-4"
Henry Cavill 6'-1"
Ben Affleck 6'-3 1/2"

So is Supes gonna be wearing stilts?

I'm not talking about strictly heights.

I mean overall presence, Momoa has a huge frame which Cavill and Affleck can't achieve with bodybuilding alone.

I mean overall presence, Momoa has a huge frame which Cavill and Affleck can't achieve with bodybuilding alone.

Both Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck have big frames.
These are recent pictures of Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck.
LFNISVi.jpg

11bngad.jpg

ben-affleck-buff-body-in-tight-tee-17.jpg

Ben+Affleck+Takes+Seraphina+Shopping+Beverly+ZhcSka-YwBbl.jpg

and here is a picture of Jason Momoa in Conan:
article-2270761-1740C4B8000005DC-410_634x570.jpg

I think that you're exaggerating Momoa's frame he is tall and well built but nothing spectacular. In fact I think that Henry Cavill looks the most physically impressive out of the three. Now, if you were talking about Dwayne Johnson than I'd agree with you. He is huge but we both know that he didn't achieve that trough "natural means".

Oh c'mon, this is getting ridiculously level 6 nerd stuff

The pics aren't as drastic as I thought, but my opinion on this still remains.

Aquaman shouldn't be nearly as big or strong as Superman. It ruins the perception of his supposed strength. After all, he's always been known as the strongest of all Superhero's alongside the Hulk. Seeing Aquaman this huge will just look weird on camera and make it harder to believe in the idea of a Superman on Earth.

If anything, Eisenberg and Momoa should've had their roles reversed. That would be more believable (comics wise) that what Snyder has done.

I disagree. Casting is an extremely important part of comic book movies.

Usually comic book fans always eat crow with their constant bitching about casting.

QuickSilver in the New X-men movie

The Joker in The Dark Knight= Heath Ledger

Captain America = Chris Evans

Thor= Chris Hemsworth

IronMan, and yes, I remember people Bitching about Robert Downey Jr.

Wolverine= hugh jackman

Comic book fans need to learn to STFU, and wait for the movie to come out before judging.

Comic book fans need to learn to STFU, and wait for the movie to come out before judging.
Buzz depends on those judgie fans. You think Goyer's dissing DC-heads because they WON'T create a stir over whatever bullshit film he's writing and thankfully not directing?

The pics aren't as drastic as I thought, but my opinion on this still remains.

Aquaman shouldn't be nearly as big or strong as Superman. It ruins the perception of his supposed strength. After all, he's always been known as the strongest of all Superhero's alongside the Hulk. Seeing Aquaman this huge will just look weird on camera and make it harder to believe in the idea of a Superman on Earth.

If anything, Eisenberg and Momoa should've had their roles reversed. That would be more believable (comics wise) that what Snyder has done.

I think that you're just whining for the sake of whining. here is an interesting detail: Aquaman is actually much heavier than Superman http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Aquaman_(Arthur_Curry)
and like the pictures show Henry Cavill looks really imposing in real life. Are you honestly comparing the Hulk's physique to Superman's?

Seriously when has Lex Luthor ever been portrayed as a big and imposing guy? This isn't Kingpin but Lex Luthor the world's smartest man. His main attributes are his brain and cunningness not his muscles. It get the impression you don't really understand some of these characters you mentioned.

And what is that exactly supposed to prove? He looks like a midget next to Clark Kent.

BTW: This is from All-star Superman and Lex is in prison and like most prisoners he likes to train during his pass-time. Lex Luthor has never been known for his muscles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back