Arabic Music

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
In this thread, i will be sharing pieces of quality Arabic music, not the cheesy bellydance garbage-core that gets misrepresented as oriental music.

I'll start with this masterpiece from fellow Lebanese artists Mike Massy, Fadia El Hage, and Ayad Khalifeh.

Apparently the moslem singer tried to chop someone woman's head off or something after this song got big.

American band with Arabic influences

Does Rai count? This Cheb Hasni song has been permanently stuck in head since first time heard it.

One of my favourite albums of all time. It just keeps building and building until it reaches such an incredible crescendo and never fails to get my juices flowing. So powerful!!!

Not sure if it costs but he prince of Persia video game music. Also my favorite video game soundtrack

Does Rai count? This Cheb Hasni song has been permanently stuck in head since first time heard it.

While not my favorite sub-genre, but I definitely enjoy the finest of what Rai has to offer.

In this thread, i will be sharing pieces of quality Arabic music, not the cheesy bellydance garbage-core that gets misrepresented as oriental music.

I'll start with this masterpiece from fellow Lebanese artists Mike Massy, Fadia El Hage, and Ayad Khalifeh.

apudance.gif

Periodically I go to Detroit and around Deerborn, you can pick up an Arabic station. I enjoy it because it's "different", I don't really listen to it much outside of that though.

Back