Arabs buying foreign wrestlers to represent their country

This is just not true. It is false. Adam Batirov competes for Bahrain and he does so because he was in the unfortunate position of being in the same weight classes as 2 of the greatest Russian wrestlers ever (his brother Mavlet and Besik Kudukhov). Certain members of Bahrain's royalty are HUGE combat sports fans while also sharing Batirov's Sunni Muslim religious affiliation. They pay him to represent them but money is not the only reason.

sure, and now we have 10 russians in every weightclass representing 10 different countries..

How mature of you to answer in an edit several posts back instead of on the current one...

So lol, from a tiny country who has not been internationally relevant as a power since the 17th century.. and you’re trying to pretend your country which hid in the corner hoping no one would smack it during both World Wars, and is currently running to NATO for protection from Russia is somehow more “manly” than the US.. lol that is truly amusing. Oh and who’s population is less than the state I live in..

Your country’s wrestling in freestyle is nearly irrelevant except for a few on the women’s team. Your country isn’t a powerhouse in bjj. And you have less wrestling experience than I had by age 14. Yet you are trying to act like an expert in international wrestling.. lol ok.

I really don’t care if you believe me, you are a white belt in wrestling, lol you make a lot of sense now. No wonder you put off answering so long.

I learned what I need. I won’t bother you unless you want help actually getting better at wrestling.. toodles

ya im convinced you're not an adult. im ignoring you now.

sure, and now we have 10 russians in every weightclass representing 10 different countries..
That's another discussion. And though you can find Caucasus wrestlers repping many different countries, its never quite that bad (10 in each weight class). You really could've had this debate in a much more productive way dude. And btw, Arabs don't suck at wrestling across the board. Egypt has a strong Greco program.

That's another discussion. And though you can find Caucasus wrestlers repping many different countries, its never quite that bad (10 in each weight class). You really could've had this debate in a much more productive way dude. And btw, Arabs don't suck at wrestling across the board. Egypt has a strong Greco program.
I think he has a genuine hatred of Arabs because one stole his girl or something, his cop outs and his past posts and the way he keep emphasizing only Arab countries doing it gives me that impression

I think he has a genuine hatred of Arabs because one stole his girl or something, his cop outs and his past posts and the way he keep emphasizing only Arab countries doing it gives me that impression
Cant disagree there. I actually find it shocking that someone could be so frustratingly ridiculous.

they had one roided guy that his medal stripped

they had one roided guy that his medal stripped
Who are you referring to? They've had at least 7 world and Olympic medals in the last 20 years, 2 of those gold. That's solid.

Who are you referring to? They've had at least 7 world and Olympic medals in the last 20 years, 2 of those gold. That's solid.

name them. cause thats balony. egypt might send 1 wrestler a year who is eliminated first round. last olympics they showed up 2 hours late and overslept and the whole team was DQd.

Is what it is. You even had one guy trying to claim Chamizo as a legitimate “Italian” awhile back. It gives people an opportunity they normally wouldn’t get and gives small countries and wider range of medals which is the most important thing over “purity”

<< this

I aint got no beef with poor athletes getting sponsored.

Do you?

That being said, while there's a huge respect for grappling in the Arab World with Abu Dhabi, various emirates, etc, it can get weird when money and a country that doesn't have beef with slave labor intersect.

Not having per country limits would be pretty cool too watch. Why would I as a spectator want to watch some Arabs wrestle instead of the very best Russians?

This makes some sense because these countries are monarchies of one sort or another. Whoever they send to the Olympics represents the monarch, not an abstract democratic "nation", so it makes sense the monarch would hire the best guy available.

It would be weirder for a democracy to do it, since hiring a foreign athlete seems like it would defeat one of the purposes of the Olympics as a showcase for national pride and patriotism, but these nations aren't democracies, so I don't see the problem. Court wrestlers in India used to come from all over back in Mughal days, for example.

Not having per country limits would be pretty cool too watch. Why would I as a spectator want to watch some Arabs wrestle instead of the very best Russians?
We agreed on something. He’s uniting sherdog lol

<< this

I aint got no beef with poor athletes getting sponsored.

Do you?

That being said, while there's a huge respect for grappling in the Arab World with Abu Dhabi, various emirates, etc, it can get weird when money and a country that doesn't have beef with slave labor intersect.
I don’t lol

This is some next level trolling. Beyond trolling actually. Pretty baffling.
Quite sad really. I loved how he called me a minor because I stated historical facts about his country lol

Back