Are Dagestanis the new Brazilians?

With one UFC Champion? I dion't think anybody needs to leave to go train there.

If your girl goes to a salon and asks for a Dagestani instead of a Brazilian she'll come back with a beard instead of a landing strip

{<BJPeen}
The Mark Hunt pic is perfect as well lol.

There's about 3 million Dagestanis compared to 210 million Brazilians. Proportionally, Dagestan produces by far the most successful MMA fighters/olympic level wrestlers.

Dags have special relationships with Sheep ....... Brazilian Goats.

Who knows?
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

ONE guy is at the top. Khabib. ONE.

Theres a shit ton of Brazilians that have made a HUGE impact on the UFC.

So..no, they are not.
Youre getting way too far ahead of yourself.

There's about 3 million Dagestanis compared to 210 million Brazilians. Proportionally, Dagestan produces by far the most successful MMA fighters/olympic level wrestlers.
Maybe because brazilians don't give a shit about Olympic wrestling. At the same time, they are the best grapplers in the world, as ADCC shows us every fucking year. Curious, huh?

It’s a very good question. As far as MMA, I’d say they’re very similar. As far as a cultural comparison, they live quite differently.

But with the dramatic changes occurring in the world due to globalization and social media, they could become very similar in the near future.

Maybe because brazilians don't give a shit about Olympic wrestling. At the same time, they are the best grapplers in the world, as ADCC shows us every fucking year. Curious, huh?
You know how much harder it is to become a fucking Olympic gold medal wrestler over an ADCC Jiu Jitsu champion? The talent pool between those two is like the difference between how many people play Soccer internationally vs American Football. Also, give Sadulaev a few years training and he'll outgrapple top ADCC guys. No jiu jitsu guy who's already in his 20's will just pick up olympic gold medal level wrestling.

Last edited:
Brazilians do well in untested competition. But they scurry away when they see a urine cup.

You know how much harder it is to become a fucking Olympic gold medal wrestler over an ADCC Jiu Jitsu champion? The talent pool between those two is like the difference between how many people play Soccer internationally vs American Football. Also, give Sadulaev a few years training and he'll outgrapple top ADCC guys. No jiu jitsu guy who's already in his 20's will just pick up olympic gold medal level wrestling.
More people play soccer because american football is pure garbage in world's eyes, let's separate things. And be a soccer player is more normal because is "only" the number one sport in the world.
And I don't see that way about training. Maybe the drug control is not so "good" (questionable), but is a high level competition with people of various countries, like Olympics. The approach is different and that is a point, but thinking "ah, if he trains bla bla bla" don't reach any place. As wrestling as Jiu-Jitsu have hard training and I remember the best grappling tournament in the world only to explain my point.

In years past, the Brazilians were known as being fiercely nationalistic and willing to enage physically outside a sanctioned contest. Wand vs. Bennet in the locker room comes to mind. Werdum kicking Edmund or assaulting Colby with a boomerang are other examples.

Has Khabib and his pack of sycophants stolen the spotlight? Are they now the country that you don’t fuck with? Their recent assault on Conor and his team, in and out of the ring, almost make Brazilians seem tame in comparison.

“In years past, the Brazilians were known as being fiercely nationalistic and willing to enage physically outside a sanctioned contest”

When was that? Ive been following the sport since 2003 and ive never knew brazilians were known for this… I mean, how many MMA (not only UFC) fighters are brazilians and how many are known for being “Fiercely nationalistic and willing to engage physically...Etc” ¿?

Same with Dagestanis, only in the UFC you have aproximated 12 fighters and because of 3 that were arguebly in the right to start a fight outside of the octagon you will call them “the new brazilians”… hahaha.

I mean, you have Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, BJ Penn, Jason Miller, DC and Jon Jones (fighting at the press conference before their first fight), Roger Huerta, Krazy Horse, Cody Gibson and many others from the USA that have been involved in outside of the competition brawls and similars.

Oh, I have an idea. Lets call USA fighters “the new brazilians”… Good one Einsten…

Brazilians do well in untested competition. But they scurry away when they see a urine cup.
Yeah... At least they aren't hypocrites pretending have "drug controls" that the money and mafia controls everything, and some "athletes" have benefits and others not... United States of Theatre, we pretend we are correct, at the same time being totally incorrect behind the curtains. "Very good"! Money/corruption > everything.

Let's continue lying to ourselves.

Yeah... At least they aren't hypocrites pretending have "drug controls" that the money and mafia controls everything, and some "athletes" have benefits and others not... United States of Theatre, we pretend we are correct, at the same time being totally incorrect behind the curtains. "Very good"! Money/corruption > everything.

Let's continue lying to ourselves.
well, you're partially correct and there is favoritism in American fight promotion. But it does catch and punish plenty of fighters as well. In a "sport" like BJJ they don't even pretend to try.

You might want a sample size a tad larger than 1.

Americans are the epitome of class

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back