Are Dyson vacuums are worth the money?

Cats >
x2779492198.jpg.pagespeed.ic.YbH86z3KWE.jpg

I used to think it was hype untill family got a Dyson. They really are better than other brands we had.

I previously had a Dyson and now have a Shark.

The Dyson was better, and is worth the money. I don't like the Shark.

Serious question... If it's so good why does she need two?

Ive got 2 dysons , 1 for upstairs and the other stays downstairs. Had them both for 5 + years and no complaints.

Dysons are amazing. I have one that's over a decade old and still going strong.

I would wait and see if the models you want go on sale around Mother's Day.

Ive got 2 dysons , 1 for upstairs and the other stays downstairs. Had them both for 5 + years and no complaints.

Are they too heavy to carry up and down stairs?

:eek:

I'd like to know how much better than a fifty dollar Shop Vac they are.

I bought a Shop Vac twenty years ago and the thing won't die. I'd like to get a fancier vacuum but the Shop Vac doesn't use bags and has tons of power. It's hard to rationalize spending the money.

Are they too heavy to carry up and down stairs?

:eek:

The downstairs one is the pet hair vac and is pretty good sized , But no , not too heavy to carry upstairs.

My Windows also arent too hard to roll down in my car , but I appreciate a power window.

2nd one was a gift anyhow , otherwise id be schlepping it up the steps

It is very convenient to clean the vacuum from animal hair. I think dyson generally produces great vacuum cleaners.

I have the V8. I’m pretty happy with it. It seemed like a good fit for my place because it’s hardwood with a few rugs. It’s quite good on pet hair on the rugs on the normal setting for the most part. For cobwebs I find myself having to se lt it to max where it gets less than ten minutes of runtime, so that’s a bit annoying, but I find it to be a really good vacuum if you use it often. You’ll want something with a cord if you’re a once a week type of guy.

I did not use it. But the Kaiser is definitely worth his money.

My 10 year old Dyson DC20 is still going strong.
Also have a V6 handheld. A bit less impressed with that one.

I really like Dyson, I have been using it for a long time and I am very pleased. There are some great Dyson articles.

Last edited:
No. I have a hoover that cost me 50 quid and still works like a charm 3 years later. I refuse to pay over 50 for any hoover as im a cheap bastard.

I have two huskies and use a 90 dollar vac from amazon; works great. Dysons are a scam. Especially that stupid "bladeless fan"
I got one of those (didn’t pay for it I used airline miles.) It actually works decent as an air purifier but is really weak as a fan, even on the highest setting.

I have one of their upright vacuums and it feels really cheap and flimsy. The suction is amazing, so I guess it evens out? Bought it refurbished from their outlet store so I didn't feel like a total sucker.

For what it’s worth, A buddy of mine owned and ran a vacuum repair shop and always said Dysons broke the most frequently and parts were a bitch to get.

I’ve had a shark for a while and love it.

Had the dyson with the purple and yellow on it. Had a canister. It was a garbage piece of shit tbh.
I own a Miele now and it’s the best vacuum I’ve ever owned.

i knew this girl back in memphis that could suck the chrome out of a doorknob, deja vu i guess, but on topic but if you got dog hair everywhere you need power, i say it sure its a bit of dough to drop on the vacuum cleaner but its gonna be worth it in the long run

me? i use a robot roomba vacuum to clean my apartment, that shit is awesome

Back