Are Dyson vacuums are worth the money?

I'd like to know how much better than a fifty dollar Shop Vac they are.

I bought a Shop Vac twenty years ago and the thing won't die. I'd like to get a fancier vacuum but the Shop Vac doesn't use bags and has tons of power. It's hard to rationalize spending the money.

We have both. We use the shop vac for dirtier jobs. They are amazing for the price.

Im thinking about buying one (two actually the full size one and the handheld one) because my dog is a white German Shepard and sheds like crazy. The big one is $500 and the little one is $200. I dont mind spending the money if they are truly better but want to do research before i drop $700 on a god damn vacuum cleaner setup. All the reviews say they're the best but i tend not to trust them. Anyone have any experience? Thanks in advance
Need the animal with the animal hair attachment.

Everything else is subpar when it comes to vacuuming up dog hair.

I went through every other vacuum before getting a dyson.

Won’t buy anything. Else now.

The hand held is convient but battery life sucks.

I was skeptical but Yeah they are worth it.

Found a V6 on clearance and it is the bomb. Will upgrade to V10 next year.

I'm gonna grab a Dyson air purifier as well.

Had one about 10 years ago and didn't think much of it. Too heavy, crap capacity, lots of small moving parts made out of weak plastic. Too many filters which completely negate the "doesn't lose suction" selling point. Big sections with no access so you've gotta fiddle around with a coathanger if you accidentally suck up a sock.

Switched to a henry and never looked back.

I-3cCl.gif

We paid around $500 for a Miele one a few years ago. I don't really understand what makes it so special, but my wife said it was the best one for us and she's happy with it.

I've had a Dyson for 9+ years now, was a wedding gift. I couldn't fathom dropping 700 bucks on a vacuum, but it's been well worth it. It's been pretty easy to maintain, and eliminates the need for most sweeping. Thinking about getting one of those roll-y ball vacuum disc robot things also, but that's more the wife and not me. I'd be interested in learning more about their fans. I don't know anyone who has one

Personally I would say no. Got mine about 4 years ago or so. It's not noticeably better than much cheaper vacuums I had in the past.

It is very convenient to clean the vacuum from animal hair. I think dyson generally produces great vacuum cleaners.

After over a year I hope he's sorted out a new vacuum cleaner. .

Yes. I own an upright and a handheld with the animal attachments. 100% worth it.

If you have pets that drop fur on the floor, carpets, or sofa........yes!

I’ll ask my maids what they think. One maid is at the west coast property, so wont hear from her til later.

I’ve got the multi-floor vac. It’s not as efficient as I would like in terms of power, but they recently came out with a more powerful one.

I keep telling my missus they’re worth the money, she won’t spring for one, and instead has spent more than enough to buy a Dyson on vacuum cleaners she’s not happy with...

I had a Dyson. They do vacuum well, but if you have a popcorn seed or anything that size, they will not pick them up unless you switch to the extension tube.

Traded the Dyson towards a Kirby. Kirby's are built to survive the zombie apocalypse. And replacement parts are a cinch to get.

We also got a Shark for the upstairs vacuum. I find it easier to clean that than the Dyson, and the suction is every bit as good.

Also, the Dyson was bad about static electricity shocks. I'd get 2-4 of them every time I used it.

I'm not a fan of the Dyson.

Back