are HOAs that bad?

Im of the mind... if you live in an area that NEEDS an HOA to keep out undesirables maybe you are living in the wrong area... just my 2 cents unless you have some amazing well paying job from which you cannot transfer or you have elderly family living close i would move.. I hated NY i moved to FL.. i hate FL im moving to NH.. i spent the better part of 3 years scouting places and looking up census and other information and finally we are moving out of FL ... (we had to wait for a district manager job transfer for wife)

Alot of their justification is not so much thr people but restricting how people act.

The boat caravan in the drive is a perfect example. It doesn't mean that person is a scumbag but it does effect how the area looks.

seriously... i dont like where i live atm and im moving to a rural area in NH 4 + acres of land woods behind me no neighbors for miles etc... my kids and dogs and run around in peace and security

A move to the country... You just bought a whole new load of trouble, friend.

6aa65f48a357ca802c1040e6be37b767--bigfoot-photos-bigfoot-sasquatch.jpg

Alot of their justification is not so much thr people but restricting how people act.

The boat caravan in the drive is a perfect example. It doesn't mean that person is a scumbag but it does effect how the area looks.
People in HOAs seem to both complain about 'property values' and 'high taxes' that guy with the rusted out el Camino is doing his part to drop property values just a little bit AND reduce taxes.

HOAs get abusive at times, there's a story of some guy in FL or CA that got jailed in the middle of a drought for having brown grass and not being able to fix it

I hated NY i moved to FL.. i hate FL im moving to NH.. i spent the better part of 3 years scouting places and looking up census and other information and finally we are moving out of FL ... (we had to wait for a district manager job transfer for wife)
what part of florida do you live in? why do you hate it?

what part of florida do you live in? why do you hate it?
hot and i miss seeing the seasons change snow etc... i liked it up north better wife got a promotion and her dad was dying at the time and he lived down here..(her mom lives with us now we take care of her)

hot and i miss seeing the seasons change snow etc... i liked it up north better wife got a promotion and her dad was dying at the time and he lived down here..(her mom lives with us now we take care of her)
yeah i know bruh...its freakin hot all the time in FL. My bud is fed up with the weather too, meanwhile i hate freezing my ass in this ny cold.

I wouldn't like the idea of having to pay some assholes money every month and they decide however the fuck to spend it.

hey guys....so i live in ny and i dont have to deal with any home owners association but now I am interested in buying a property in florida and it is virtually impossible to find one that doesnt belong to a hoa. I've heard god awful things about hoas and other ppl have told me that is not as bad as they put it out to be, thought they still wish they didnt have one. Do you deal with a hoa? ...If so, how is that going?
I live in Florida and belong to an HOA. Huge pain in the ass and it's part of why I'm selling my condo and buying a house without a HOA. The worst HOA are in condo complexes. If it's a community of single-family homes it shouldn't be as bad.

I've seen some where it's only like $25/month. I'm paying like 15x that and there are always special assessments and shit. That said, it shouldn't be that hard to find a place without an HOA, unless you're only looking at condos.

I live in Florida and belong to an HOA. Huge pain in the ass and it's part of why I'm selling my condo and buying a house without a HOA. The worst HOA are in condo complexes. If it's a community of single-family homes it shouldn't be as bad.

I've seen some where it's only like $25/month. I'm paying like 15x that and there are always special assessments and shit. That said, it shouldn't be that hard to find a place without an HOA, unless you're only looking at condos.
im looking for a single family house and 99 percent of them belong to a freakin hoa. Even if hoa dues are 1 dollar a month i rather have a home 100 percent free of any hoa shit.

Why is your condo such a massive pain in the ass?

well florida is its own animal ..i used to live in a townhome community and yes they can be god for some things..some of them are batshit crazy though... like you cant display any flag other than the american flag etc... limits on holiday decor and even on garbage cans size and placement etc... all kinds of nutty stuff
honestly that's insane

My HOA is fine. I prefer an HOA to many people want to do crazy shit like park a car in the front yard lawn.

The most annoying thing about my HOA is they change the management company like every year so I have to update my autodraft

I live in Florida, and if you're looking at new properties, most of the HOAs are shit because they are owned by (or contracted out by) the developer, and their number 1 most important goal is to sell more houses to more buyers. That's why they have crazy ass rules like measuring how far from the curb your trash-cans need to sit, and ticketing you when guests park their car along the road (seriously). Then after the time passes and the HOA switches control over to the residents, you never know how things will turn out.

Also watch as the developer opens another new development like three roads over and enjoy the slow crawl of your morning commute as too many people dangerously merge onto one two-lane road with little to no traffic light support.

IMO, do yourself a favor and stay out of Florida.

Back