Social Are Males Being Discriminated Against On College Campuses? Ans: yes they are.

Any man crying about being oppressed for being a man, should have both his man-card and his right to reproduce revoked effective immediately

Can we revoke yours for complaining too?

But that degree can get you that real world $$$

Especially when certain colleges/ universities can give someone the contacts/ connections that can fast-track one's network.

I just wonder why the big guys (aka the rich and the famous) have no responses over this.. Is something going on behind the curtain..?

Colleges spend millions on Women's Studies programs, but never a dime on Men's Studies.
Yes they do, the just call it History instead of Men's Studies.
And just a friendly reminder for the soyboys, history was written by the WINNERS.

The real victims are upper-class STEM majors. Poor kids get assaulted by their teachers on the daily.

Can we revoke yours for complaining too?

Nope, but yours is gone for being an adult with no reading comprehension, irrelevant will be gone in 2 weeks white belt

Good to know he’s not an idiot. Unlike Richard Vedder (Professor of Economics Emeritus at Ohio University). I’d hate to be thought of like that dumbass.
So I guess for you professors are credible when they don’t talk about the weather.

How is this an incel thread?

What I find hilarious is that this incel thing all started from an incident that happened in Toronto Canada. Anyone remember that driver? No one would even know about that small percentage of men if it wasn't for him.

I find it hilarious you think this "incel thing" all started from the incident in Toronto.

As is often the case when we try to correct a perceived problem, we overcorrect. I think a lot of educators are still stuck thinking of little girls with their hands raised in a 1950s class room while the teacher ignores them and only pays attention to the boys. That hasn't been true on a macro level for many decades now. Females on average out perform males by significant margins at every stage of schooling.

You can see the same thing in a lot of people's attitude toward racial or sex issues. They aren't actually aiming at equality, they've identified a bad guy and a good guy. So they always root against men, even when men demonstrably are getting the short end of the stick. This seems especially true on the left.

So if females outperform men at every level of schooling by significant margins wouldn't it just make sense then that they're also over represented in higher education since they're trying harder?

Last edited:
So I guess for you professors are credible when they don’t talk about the weather.

Not necessarily. But I do have the maturity to recognize that intelligent people are able to reach conclusions different than my own. Your type needs some work on that front.

So if females outperform men at every level of schooling by significant margins wouldn't it just make sense then that they're also over represented in higher education since they're trying harder?

Sure. Of course, it's a huge assumption that they are trying harder. It may have a kernel of truth though. Anyone observing a kindergarten or first grade class will quickly note that the young ladies have a tendency to be more mature in their behavior than the young men, who are generally wild monkeys at that age. However, there is evidence that large scale discrimination does occur and even that society itself has deep-seated double standards when considering this issue.

As OP points out, in the fields where males outperform females, for example in STEM fields, a lot of time and energy are spent figuring out how to rebalance the situation and to discern an assumed bias against females. As OP also points out, universities almost always have Women's Centers designed to help women with the college experience. (Note that I'm not talking about Women's Studies programs. While flawed and generally characterized by anti-male bias, the existence of such programs is not inherently pro-female or anti-male, even if in practice it is often so.) The existence of resource centers designed to further the educational careers of women, with no corollary resources being expended on males, ought to be raising questions. And this disparity has existed for decades. Here's a link to Harvard's Women Center. It goes without saying Harvard has no parallel institution set up for men. The assumption has always been that Harvard itself is an institution for men, but we are seeing more and more clearly that this assumption is flawed. Of course, we can also raise questions about the weaponization of Title IX to disrupt men's sports programs and to undercut due process for men on campus, both of which are nation-wide phenomena.

It's baffling to me how the knee jerk reaction of almost everyone on the left is to dismiss this problem, despite decades of testing data, obvious examples of open double standards, etc. Why? Are you for or against equality of the sexes?

TS isn't worthy of having Fedor in his username.

<{nope}>

Sure. Of course, it's a huge assumption that they are trying harder. It may have a kernel of truth though. Anyone observing a kindergarten or first grade class will quickly note that the young ladies have a tendency to be more mature in their behavior than the young men, who are generally wild monkeys at that age. However, there is evidence that large scale discrimination does occur and even that society itself has deep-seated double standards when considering this issue.

As OP points out, in the fields where males outperform females, for example in STEM fields, a lot of time and energy are spent figuring out how to rebalance the situation and to discern an assumed bias against females. As OP also points out, universities almost always have Women's Centers designed to help women with the college experience. (Note that I'm not talking about Women's Studies programs. While flawed and generally characterized by anti-male bias, the existence of such programs is not inherently pro-female or anti-male, even if in practice it is often so.) The existence of resource centers designed to further the educational careers of women, with no corollary resources being expended on males, ought to be raising questions. And this disparity has existed for decades. Here's a link to Harvard's Women Center. It goes without saying Harvard has no parallel institution set up for men. The assumption has always been that Harvard itself is an institution for men, but we are seeing more and more clearly that this assumption is flawed. Of course, we can also raise questions about the weaponization of Title IX to disrupt men's sports programs and to undercut due process for men on campus, both of which are nation-wide phenomena.

It's baffling to me how the knee jerk reaction of almost everyone on the left is to dismiss this problem, despite decades of testing data, obvious examples of open double standards, etc. Why? Are you for or against equality of the sexes?

It just doesn't seem like a big deal other than that it hurts males feelings.

They've received preferential treatment for the entire span of human history till about the 1990s.. so giving women some preferential treatment for a few decades doesn't seem that bad to me.

In regards to attracting more women to STEM programs.. it just makes sense. They're more important fields. Why wouldn't you want to attract women who perform significantly better than men in those fields?

Last edited:

Lol? Graduation rates and educational performance are not feelings.

Is there any other form of disparity like this you would dismiss as mere hurt feelings? How about the gender pay gap? Check your bias.

Lol? Graduation rates and educational performance are not feelings.

Is there any other form of disparity like this you would dismiss as mere hurt feelings? How about the gender pay gap? Check your bias.

You asserted that women perform better at significantly higher margins at all levels of schooling. I'm going off your assertion.

If male performance is lower why should they graduate at the same rate? If women are better students they should be graduating at a higher rate.

For it to constitute discrimination you have to advance an argument that there are less men than women in universities because they are being purposefully shut out e.g. by entry decisions. If however there are less men because men are knuckleheads who are less interested in university, that's not discrimination, that's you saying that there are unequal outcomes therefore it must be discrimination and measures should be taken to achieve equality of outcome. Which is the EXACT argument people on the far left are making.

You asserted that women perform better at significantly higher margins at all levels of schooling. I'm going off your assertion.

If male performance is lower why should they graduate at the same rate? If women are better students they should be graduating at a higher rate.

I am not suggesting that colleges simply allow men to graduate at with a lower standard. Dropping academic standards based on race and sex is the trap of affirmative action, which often hurts the recipients it is intended to help.

The question is why male performance is dropping at the same time female performance is surging. A cursory look at the education scene shows obvious disparities in how male and female students are treated and the resources they have available to them. Women's Centers at colleges are an example of programs seem to be very helpful in providing resources and guidance for female students, which helps them do better in school. Very good. The climbing female graduation rate is something to celebrate. So why in the world are schools discriminating sexually in terms of who they make those resources available to?

Have you done any reading on this issue? It's been talked about for quite a while now, but the pot is starting to boil over. You seem insistent on treating some major national trends as a minor issue.

Also, you have assiduously avoided my questions as to whether you think other demographic disparities would also be no big deal. What if black graduation rates showed long term decline?

I am not suggesting that colleges simply allow men to graduate at with a lower standard. Dropping academic standards based on race and sex is the trap of affirmative action, which often hurts the recipients it is intended to help.

The question is why male performance is dropping at the same time female performance is surging. A cursory look at the education scene shows obvious disparities in how male and female students are treated and the resources they have available to them. Women's Centers at colleges are an example of programs seem to be very helpful in providing resources and guidance for female students, which helps them do better in school. Very good. The climbing female graduation rate is something to celebrate. So why in the world are schools discriminating sexually in terms of who they make those resources available to?

Have you done any reading on this issue? It's been talked about for quite a while now, but the pot is starting to boil over. You seem insistent on treating some major national trends as a minor issue.

Also, you have assiduously avoided my questions as to whether you think other demographic disparities would also be no big deal. What if black graduation rates showed long term decline?

But.. female performance is better BEFORE higher education.. these "Women's Centers" provide no benefit to all the females outside of college or outside of colleges that don't have them.

The "problem" exists prior to higher education.

I think we've just produced an incredibly weak generation of males and they're getting weaker.

The racial problem is much more concerning. Blacks already enroll far less and graduate far less than whites.

Last edited:

They've received preferential treatment for the entire span of human history till about the 1990s.. so giving women some preferential treatment for a few decades doesn't seem that bad to me.

In regards to attracting more women to STEM programs.. it just makes sense. They're more important fields. Why wouldn't you want to attract women who perform significantly better than men in those fields?

Well, when Japanese medical schools did affirmative action type practices against women.. the left discussing it was outraged. Called it sexism. There's clearly a double standard. If you decided to require black people to score 380 SAT points higher and 1.0 GPA higher to get into college, people would be outraged. But do it to white or Asian people..

My children will be punished if I decide not to marry a black woman. That's clearly racist.

Last edited:
Back