Are NFL Player the Best OVERALL Athletes

The rest of the world doesn't have Pro Football leagues, if they're athletic and getting paid it's in soccer.

Although the rest of the worlds big men if they're going to pursue a sport gravitate to rugby or boxing.

The NFL is 97% American I don't know if that constitutes having the "Worlds" best athletes.
Soccer players are so grossly inferior as athletes to NBA and NFL players it's ridiculous.

Soccer players really aren't terribly elite as athletes. That's a skill-intensive sport.

Sry man it's true. If Rugby guys could cut it playing football they would. Way more money is in it. If the US really wanted to field a rugby team then the rest of the world would be our cock sock

Sry bro but you are wrong. I very much doubt that the thought of leaving the sport they grew up playing and loving to attempt to play NFL has ever entered the thoughts of many rugby players. Jarryd Hayne is just about the only example I can think of...

But I see you're just trolling, well you might actually believe your nationalistic nonsense, which is actually more worrying.

Soccer players are so grossly inferior as athletes to NBA and NFL players it's ridiculous.

Soccer players really aren't terribly elite as athletes. That's a skill-intensive sport.

It's skill combined with speed, coordination and endurance.

It's why when their athleticism starts going and they're not good enough to the Premier League they can go take their skills for the twilight of their careers and be elite in the US or Chinese leagues.

Plenty of guys with sub 11 second 100m times but still the endurance for 90 minutes of play.

rugby players are better athletes and don't need to wear pads like pussy nfl players

Hockey is a skill game. Athletics are secondary. Gretzky, far and away the best hockey player of all time, wasn’t fast, wasn’t strong, just read the game like no other.

No physical freaks in hockey, like there are in the other sports.

The best player is not the best athlete. Is Tom Brady the best athlete in the NFL? He is the best eva ! ! !.

These debates always boil down to how one defines athleticism. To me, a great athlete is a combination of strength, agility, speed, coordination, and endurance. While guys like NFL linemen or even pro powerlifters are impressive, I wouldn't consider them better athletes than say a Olympic decathlon competitor. There is also the consideration of overall fitness. Some NFL players are walking heart attacks with zero endurance, not exactly what I imagine when I think great athlete.
Agree with this.

NHL players and high level wrestlers for the most part all run sub 5 minute miles, deadlift 3x there bodyweight, have amazing hand eye coordiation/flexbility, and train a high contact sport 25 to 35 hours a week.

They literally have no athletic weaknesses which I find more impressive then say a NFL or NBA player that has obvious athletic weakenesses

The rest of the world doesn't have Pro Football leagues, if they're athletic and getting paid it's in soccer.

Although the rest of the worlds big men if they're going to pursue a sport gravitate to rugby or boxing.

The NFL is 97% American I don't know if that constitutes having the "Worlds" best athletes.

True enough to a point, but should also say that the best australian athletes are definitely not playing soccer. They are playing rugby, or else australian football...which produces some amazing athletes.

They are as fit as soccer players, if not even fitter (they run further per game on average), but stronger and much more explosive.

e.g. Dustin Martin:
d75R1AG.gif

yla5dgnpc3qao0a6g.jpg

Nat Fyfe:

Nic Naitanui:

NFL are bigger, stronger and faster than most other sports that's for sure

I'd say NBA is second

Guys like Gronkowski, Lebron.. you dont see them playing soccer

Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder are better athletes IMO.

Depends on the position and the individual, in all things. But I’d argue they’re both better than any of the huge guys in the NHL.

Give me a break, the only reason they box is because they probably weren't talented enough to play in another sport.

It's skill combined with speed, coordination and endurance.

It's why when their athleticism starts going and they're not good enough to the Premier League they can go take their skills for the twilight of their careers and be elite in the US or Chinese leagues.

Plenty of guys with sub 11 second 100m times but still the endurance for 90 minutes of play.

I'd say soccer is skill, coordination, endurance, then speed, in that order.

Look at any top team in the world and they only have 1 or 2 real burners. Super, ultra speed isn't THAT beneficial in soccer the way it is in football. This is why Usain Bolt at 30 years old (and with a halfway decent soccer background) doesn't look particularly fast or explosive in the soccer practice and charity games he plays in.

Sry bro but you are wrong. I very much doubt that the thought of leaving the sport they grew up playing and loving to attempt to play NFL has ever entered the thoughts of many rugby players. Jarryd Hayne is just about the only example I can think of...

But I see you're just trolling, well you might actually believe your nationalistic nonsense, which is actually more worrying.
That's the thing in not even trolling. I think youd be surprised how badly America would fuck people up. D1 college football , nfl, d1a has an assembly line athletes.

Many rugby players know they couldnt cut it so they don't try. Too far behind in technique.

That's the thing in not even trolling. I think youd be surprised how badly America would fuck people up. D1 college football , nfl, d1a has an assembly line athletes.

Many rugby players know they couldnt cut it so they don't try. Too far behind in technique.

Thats quite worrying that you aren't trolling about the american Übermensch.

Well yeah, obviously rugby players are far behind in technique for a sport they will have never played in their lives. Rugby players would be fine athletically, at certain positions, but they wouldnt have the ability to understand the plays, read blocks and coverage assingments, have the correct pad level etc. Even wearing helmet and pads is a lot different. NFL players would be just as deficient with rugby skills and technique.

They dont try because it doesnt interest the vast majority of them. It is not part of their culture, they didn't grow up playing or watching and it was never their dream to play there. I doubt the thought ever enters their minds. Although, to be fair, with everything increasingly globalised nowadays a few guys have expressed interest; certainly nothing that has been particular common in the past. The only rugby (league) player I can think of that did is Jarryd Hayne, and clearly he looked fine athletically...but what do you know, he just didn't quite have some of the technique + tactical knowledge required. If he was younger and took the time to learn, or if he grew up in america on the other hand...

And there is another NRL junior that got drafted in the NFL this year, but he was an academy player and was unlikely to ever make any impact in the NRL.

Last edited:
Give me a break, the only reason they box is because they probably weren't talented enough to play in another sport.
Wilder wasn't talented enough at football thats a known fact
Thats quite worrying that you aren't trolling about the american Übermensch.

Well yeah, obviously rugby players are far behind in technique for a sport they will have never played in their lives. Rugby players would be fine athletically, at certain positions, but they wouldnt have the ability to understand the plays, read blocks and coverage assingments, have the correct pad level etc. Even wearing helmet and pads is a lot different. NFL players would be just as deficient with rugby skills and technique.

They dont try because it doesnt interest the vast majority of them. It is not part of their culture, they didn't grow up playing or watching and it was never their dream to play there. I doubt the thought ever enters their minds. Although, to be fair, with everything increasingly globalised nowadays a few guys have expressed interest; certainly nothing that has been particular common in the past. The only rugby (league) player I can think of that did is Jarryd Hayne, and clearly he looked fine athletically...but what do you know, he just didn't quite have some of the technique + tactical knowledge required. If he was younger and took the time to learn, or if he grew up in america on the other hand...

And there is another NRL junior that got drafted in the NFL this year, but he was an academy player and was unlikely to ever make any impact in the NRL.

Real talent goes to where they can make the most money. Look up nfl running backs like Marshawn lynch, saquan barkley...Rugby players are tough but not top of the food chain athletes, they would get shit pumped.

No. Brock Lesnar was almost a pro football player. When he and JDS were competing in a bunch of football themed games on TUF, a sport JDS has never played, JDS beat him. How good of athletes can they be if a guy who nearly made it probgot beaten by a guy who had never even played before?

Back