Are school shootings simply the result of capitalism?

I hate to say it but this is a very black and white view of things that doesn't reflect the truth.

Guns are incredibly effective and easy to get, that's why you see them used so often. As you take away highly effective implements you leave people with less effective ones and it reduces the capacity to kill. It's all pretty obvious to me? For the same reason that if high powered explosives were so easy to obtain you would see them used more frequently... well... they aren't easy to obtain, they are very strongly controlled.

In addition it is simply untrue that 'criminals generally don't obey any kind of laws'. I think you'll find that the situation is a little more nuanced than that, otherwise every criminal would be a baby raping terrorist-inspired financial fraudster. People are complicated, and there are laws for a damn good reason.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

"Uhm we need to put a ban on large trucks...as since the ban of rifles worked, unfortunatly killers are now simply plowing into crowds.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

"Uhm we need to put a ban on large trucks...as since the ban of rifles worked, unfortunatly killers are now simply plowing into crowds.

Show me how many disadvantaged students with mental issues are affording large trucks AND actually driving them into crowds of people and you might have a point. Also, cars have permits, tests, etc. to test your capability.

If trucks were really what you say they are they would be used that way. But reality is against you.

Come on man... serious....

Well it is the truth and I tend not to shy away from it.
How about you...do you shy away from the truth?

I just wonder if you are serious, if your logic really goes from 'guns kill people and so do bees, so let's ban bees'. If you do, I'm not interested in discussing it with you.

There are two types of gun nuts: guys with small penises, and women.

Don't ask me how I know this btw.

I just wonder if you are serious, if your logic really goes from 'guns kill people and so do bees, so let's ban bees'. If you do, I'm not interested in discussing it with you.
You come off as a liberal so non emotional discussion is not gonna happen.
Let me put it in layman's terms......gun free zones get innocent people killed.

Show me how many disadvantaged students with mental issues are affording large trucks AND actually driving them into crowds of people and you might have a point. Also, cars have permits, tests, etc. to test your capability.

If trucks were really what you say they are they would be used that way. But reality is against you.

Come on man... serious....

So you think some derange fuck up is gonna go "shit i guess i wont go kill lots of people today...what am i ever going to do now that they've passed a bill banning a certain type of gun???" "guess I'm all out of options now!"

Get real fella.

You come off as a liberal so non emotional discussion is not gonna happen.
Let me put it in layman's terms......gun free zones get innocent people killed.

You have a weird view of the world.

Here's the countries with less gun violence, guess how your gun ownership compares (hint: not well)

Montenegro
Philippines
South Africa
Paraguay
Mexico
Costa Rica
Argentina
Peru
Nicaragua
Serbia
Finland
Barbados
Switzerland
France
Croatia
Estonia
Slovenia
Austria
Israel
Czech Republic
Georgeia
Canada
Turkey
Chile
Cyprus
Slovakia
Belgium
Norway
Bulgaria
Macedonia
Portugal
Greece
Sweden
Latvia
Italy
Denmark
Iceland
Luxembourg
New Zealand
Moldova
Kyrgyzstan
Germany
Hungary
Australia
Taiwan
Ireland
Bolivia
Spain
Netherlands
Zimbabwe
Kuawit
Azerbaijan
India
Poland
Ukraine
Belaurs
United Kingdom
Singapore
Qatar
Romania
South Korea
Japan
Hong Kong

But hey you are beating:
Honduras
Venezuela
El Salvador
Saziland
Guatemala
Jamaica
Zolobmia
Brazil
Panama
Uruguay

So you know, there's that. Which must feel pretty awesome????

You have a weird view of the world.

Here's the countries with less gun violence, guess how your gun ownership compares (hint: not well)

Montenegro
Philippines
South Africa
Paraguay
Mexico
Costa Rica
Argentina
Peru
Nicaragua
Serbia
Finland
Barbados
Switzerland
France
Croatia
Estonia
Slovenia
Austria
Israel
Czech Republic
Georgeia
Canada
Turkey
Chile
Cyprus
Slovakia
Belgium
Norway
Bulgaria
Macedonia
Portugal
Greece
Sweden
Latvia
Italy
Denmark
Iceland
Luxembourg
New Zealand
Moldova
Kyrgyzstan
Germany
Hungary
Australia
Taiwan
Ireland
Bolivia
Spain
Netherlands
Zimbabwe
Kuawit
Azerbaijan
India
Poland
Ukraine
Belaurs
United Kingdom
Singapore
Qatar
Romania
South Korea
Japan
Hong Kong

But hey you are beating:
Honduras
Venezuela
El Salvador
Saziland
Guatemala
Jamaica
Zolobmia
Brazil
Panama
Uruguay

So you know, there's that. Which must feel pretty awesome????
Here is a list of people who don't have the 2nd Amendment...
Montenegro
Philippines
South Africa
Paraguay
Mexico
Costa Rica
Argentina
Peru
Nicaragua
Serbia
Finland
Barbados
Switzerland
France
Croatia
Estonia
Slovenia
Austria
Israel
Czech Republic
Georgeia
Canada
Turkey
Chile
Cyprus
Slovakia
Belgium
Norway
Bulgaria
Macedonia
Portugal
Greece
Sweden
Latvia
Italy
Denmark
Iceland
Luxembourg
New Zealand
Moldova
Kyrgyzstan
Germany
Hungary
Australia
Taiwan
Ireland
Bolivia
Spain
Netherlands
Zimbabwe
Kuawit
Azerbaijan
India
Poland
Ukraine
Belaurs
United Kingdom
Singapore
Qatar
Romania
South Korea
Japan
Hong Kong

But hey you are beating:
Honduras
Venezuela
El Salvador
Saziland
Guatemala
Jamaica
Zolobmia
Brazil
Panama
Uruguay

Here is a list of people who don't have the 2nd Amendment...
Montenegro
Philippines
South Africa
Paraguay
Mexico
Costa Rica
Argentina
Peru
Nicaragua
Serbia
Finland
Barbados
Switzerland
France
Croatia
Estonia
Slovenia
Austria
Israel
Czech Republic
Georgeia
Canada
Turkey
Chile
Cyprus
Slovakia
Belgium
Norway
Bulgaria
Macedonia
Portugal
Greece
Sweden
Latvia
Italy
Denmark
Iceland
Luxembourg
New Zealand
Moldova
Kyrgyzstan
Germany
Hungary
Australia
Taiwan
Ireland
Bolivia
Spain
Netherlands
Zimbabwe
Kuawit
Azerbaijan
India
Poland
Ukraine
Belaurs
United Kingdom
Singapore
Qatar
Romania
South Korea
Japan
Hong Kong

But hey you are beating:
Honduras
Venezuela
El Salvador
Saziland
Guatemala
Jamaica
Zolobmia
Brazil
Panama
Uruguay

I feel like you are agreeing with me in the content of this post, but I know from your others that you don't. It's a strange kind of feeling when you point out that perhaps the second amendment could be causing some (not all) of these issues?

I feel like you are agreeing with me in the content of this post, but I know from your others that you don't. It's a strange kind of feeling when you point out that perhaps the second amendment could be causing some (not all) of these issues?
Criminals are causing this....firearms are inanimate....please tell me you are intelligent enough not to blame an inanimate object.

Criminals are causing this....firearms are inanimate....please tell me you are intelligent enough not to blame an inanimate object.

So do all of those other countries just have 1/10 of the criminals that the US has? Or is there some other factors in play other than the animate state of a human being?

So do all of those other countries just have 1/10 of the criminals that the US has? Or is there some other factors in play other than the animate state of a human being?
Have you looked at the map of gun violence?Take away 4 cities and we drop to 4th from the bottom
It's not firearms.

Wait are you comparing homicides to homicides?

The rise of bitcoin and decentralized applications is a direct response to this. The pendullum always swings back. Essentially all energy in the world is fighting to disperse, this is why the universe is expanding, temperatures seek uniformity, biological entities reproduce to disperse energy as is the one law of all things in the universe.

We live in a very unnatural society because it is so heavily centralized. The megacorporations and central banks and media have us living in a manic, high stress, frenetic life that we are not naturally supposed to live in. The media has perverted us at our core.

We are about to essentially live through a renaissance in which mega corporations, central banks, and powerful nations fall the same way rome fell.

I hate to use hyperbole but here goes.

There are other inanimate objects that are extremely dangerous and I'll use the most extreme example I can think of.

If criminals cause the problems, not inanimate objects, what is the reason we keep explosives out of their hands? What about some kind of hydrogen bomb? Is it because these can kill so many people so quickly? Yes - it's an absolutely extreme example, but the same kind of thought exists all the way back to guns. Ultimately there is some kind of level that people feel comfortable with, that the utility of the item carries an inherent risk, but because the item is so useful to us and the risk is so low, that we allow it.

This is the premise behind why cars are legal. Cars are inherently very useful and while people die to them, and specifically while they can be used for terrorist or other tragic events, we rate the likelihood of that low versus their utility to society.

Many societies draw a line and say that the utility of a gun is almost nothing - ie: they serve only to kill, and are not a daily item that adds any value to society. On the other hand, they are extremely dangerous (being that is in fact their sole purpose). Hence, they ban guns but not cars.

It is clear that you draw a line somewhere different to I, but that's why we have this conversation. We don't have to agree or disagree (I doubt either will change each others mind), but at least this is a chance to explain the way I think. Cheers for reading

I hate to use hyperbole but here goes.

There are other inanimate objects that are extremely dangerous and I'll use the most extreme example I can think of.

If criminals cause the problems, not inanimate objects, what is the reason we keep explosives out of their hands? What about some kind of hydrogen bomb? Is it because these can kill so many people so quickly? Yes - it's an absolutely extreme example, but the same kind of thought exists all the way back to guns. Ultimately there is some kind of level that people feel comfortable with, that the utility of the item carries an inherent risk, but because the item is so useful to us and the risk is so low, that we allow it.

This is the premise behind why cars are legal. Cars are inherently very useful and while people die to them, and specifically while they can be used for terrorist or other tragic events, we rate the likelihood of that low versus their utility to society.

Many societies draw a line and say that the utility of a gun is almost nothing - ie: they serve only to kill, and are not a daily item that adds any value to society. On the other hand, they are extremely dangerous (being that is in fact their sole purpose). Hence, they ban guns but not cars.

It is clear that you draw a line somewhere different to I, but that's why we have this conversation. We don't have to agree or disagree (I doubt either will change each others mind), but at least this is a chance to explain the way I think. Cheers for reading
So more vehicles because drunk driving?

Back