Are Sherdog political views representative?

@sniper I'll try to hit you up later to talk about my thoughts on Vegas in the OT truth thread.

I hate to do this to you brother. You can get lost in this shit pretty easily. I'll just give you general links to the stories, there are threads covering these topics as well.
New Mexico
https://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-arrests-mexico-compound-residents-set-free-earlier/story?id=

NYC Limo crash
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/07/nyregion/wedding-limo-crash-schoharie-ny.html

Regarding the Las Vegas shooting - I'm sure you know about that. Interestingly, YouTube was completely scrubbed of videos where people were doing their own investigation. Why? Why is it wrong to ask questions or look for answers to things?

Those general stories wont give you all the details. You've got to seek the information out. I would say... dont let yourself get lost looking for this stuff. It just brings up more questions.

Thank you very much sir!

Yeah I have followed the news about the Las Vegas and the limo incident. Horrible! But I didn´t know about missing HD and the FBI connection. The Mexico compound is something that I have totally missed out on.

Thank you for some late night bead candy!

Yeah. I know / have known a few older White guys (one who is a family friend) who will occasionally use the N word to refer to Black people.

I don´t know about in USA(I guess it would be so much worse), but for me, it´s a very loaded expression that is so degrading and scornfully if it said by a non-black person. Just the thought of just thinking about saying the N-word is impossible. I just think that word is the ugliest attack you can do to another person.

I don´t know about in USA(I guess it would be so much worse), but for me, it´s a very loaded expression that is so degrading and scornfully if it said by a non-black person. Just the thought of just thinking about saying the N-word is impossible. I just think that word is the ugliest attack you can do to another person.
Even though I attack rightwing racists on here, I have in real life helped a few older White guys who hate Blacks. Reason I helped them is because they were old, some couldn't walk properly or in a wheelchair. They asked me for help and I couldn't say no. My family has a problem saying no when people ask for help. A family friend/acquaintance has used the N-word . He doesn't get help from his family, so we ended up giving him free rent for over a year. My family owns several houses, which we rent out.

Even though I attack rightwing racists on here, I have in real life helped a few older White guys who hate Blacks. Reason I helped them is because they were old, some couldn't walk properly or in a wheelchair. They asked me for help and I couldn't say no. My family has a problem saying no when people ask for help. A family friend/acquaintance has used the N-word . He doesn't get help from his family, so we ended up giving him free rent for over a year. My family owns several houses, which we rent out.
God Bless you for loving your enemies.

I think there used to be a lot of tech workers here and on other forums (in front of the screen all day for work and goofing off occasionally). And they tended to be socially awkward libertarians. That's why Ron Paul was President of the Internet, and people in forums were genuinely shocked (and disbelieving in some cases) about how little support he actually had. The gamer numbers are probably up a bit now, which is where we get the "edgy" racism and stuff and Trump support (geezers are his real-world base so you'd expect him to be more unpopular in forums, but the large gamer contingent works against that).

Yea I think a combination of that originating demographic and the tendency of internet discussion groups to form echo chambers creates some real unselfconscious extremism.

I actually asked a friend of mine in person his thoughts about a thread on here the other day - him being the most extreme individual I know in that political direction - and he pointed out the specific post where the ideology went too far for him. And there were 3-4 posters at least who took it even further later in the same thread.

The lack of overlap between politics here and in real life can be pretty striking.

lol, what's the percentage rate of women on the forums? Less than 5%?

lol, what's the percentage rate of women on the forums? Less than 5%?

What's the percentage of people claiming to be female, are actually males 50℅+?

Is that counting transexuals?
Transexuals?

giphy.gif

I've always thought this place leans pretty liberal. But liberal has changed a ton in the last 5-6 years.

There's probably not many people 60 and over. Which vote and think more like I do. Well maybe 70 and over.

and not many women here probably like @InternetHero said
<36> you said it pal...

The problem with conspiracy theories is people that believe them will go to extreme lengths to believe them. We know that our own government (US) has at least planned false flag operations in the past (Operation Northwoods). So knowing this it is easy for many to believe they may be willing to carry them out as well, if they thought it was what was best for their agenda.

CTs are not just a right wing thing though. I know many on the left that also believe in some. When stuff doesn't make sense people start looking for answers. We have seen this with the Las Vegas shooting recently. The lack of motive, the hard drive in the hotel room missing, the break in at his house the weekend after, these sort of things leave questions. I believe in being open to ideas and questions, but the simplest answers usually make the most sense. Its easy to dismiss these CTs, because we get hounded by the media with the official story.

@sniper and @N13 should be proud of me for this post.

It is very hard to put all of the puzzle pieces together and see the big picture. Crashing and burning like the Phoenix is inevitable, but you have to follow the dialectic and try to put humpty dumpty back together again with new and improved materials.

One of the biggest obstacles is this mental trap called Occam's Razor. It fools you into seeking the simplest answer when it is usually the most complicated. 9-11 is a good example of this.

I may talk later. But I do believe we are in the era of Romans 1, the depraved mind. God has given some people over. We are seeing this right now in the far left. Which has sorta taken over the Democrat party. The rise of homosexuality taking over the Dem agenda, worship of creation (environmentalism, climate change) instead of worship of God. And the last paragraph perfectly describes the antifas out there.

The thing is we don't know who God will save. Paul used to be Saul and killed Christians. Maybe there are some far leftists that God has not turned over to pure evil.

I'm not talking about you @franklinstower just so you know.

"
21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."
<Dany07>you never fail to deliver on the retard, ill give you that

I think a decently wide-range of political views are represented on Sherdog, but I definitely don't believe the demographics are representative of the US. There are a lot of trolls and / or people who are projecting an online persona that they wouldn't utilize in their real-life.

Also, this is an MMA forum, so there is an over-abundance of tough guy bullshit that leaks onto every sub-forum, especially in the war-room.

Back