Are sports drafts rigged?

NBA draft Lottery seems likely rigged. Since at this point it is VERY CLEAR that this system doesn't do anything to prevent tanking, if they're going to stick with it, they should at least run the ping pong balls out in the open.

Lol at knowing anything about divegrass.

Big market teams have to do well. They have a larger fan base. Shitty teams in large markets like the Clippers are huge capped

DRAFT-NBA-ValuationCard2016-StackedBarGraphCard-v1.jpg

Sport is the portion of a team's value attributable to revenue shared among all teams.

Market is the portion that comes from its city and market size (which determines the team's revenue per fan).

Arena is the part attributable to its arena (home game attendance, premium seating, non-NBA events, etc.)

And Brand comes from (you guessed it) the team's specific brand.

1-NEW-UPDATED-Forbes-NBA-TeamValuations2016-NewYorkKnicks.jpg

1-NEW-UPDATED-Forbes-NBA-TeamValuations2016-NewYorkKnicks.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bailey...-nba-team-valuations-visualized/#624a5ebb444f

Yes the NBA draft lottery is rigged. How else does a once in a generation talent like LeRoids get stuck on a shit franchise like Cleaveland.

Yes the NBA draft lottery is rigged. How else does a once in a generation talent like LeRoids get stuck on a shit franchise like Cleaveland.
Hometown guy makes a great fluffy story

Concur on the NBA draft being rigged

There is video evidence even. Check out the 1985 NBA Draft

Pretty much an open secret

Dont think the Lakers have gotten any rigged drafts recently. We would have gotten a number 1 at least once and not back to back number 2's

I'm pretty sure the NBA is legit since Stern retired. Before that (?) --- LOL!

The NBA tries to say that it would make for bad TV if they showed the ping pong ball lottery.

Pretty sure it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to make something like that work quickly for TV.

Asside from banning Sterling Silver has shown to be the best commish in pro sports.

They use call Tagliabue, Taglia-boo-boo -- but he was actually the best of my lifetime.

I don't count Stern because he could be indicted for racketeering at literally any time. @RR

They use call Tagliabue, Taglia-boo-boo -- but he was actually the best of my lifetime.

I don't count Stern because he could be indicted for racketeering at literally any time. @RR

He's not quite Phil Knight but he's close

The NBA tries to say that it would make for bad TV if they showed the ping pong ball lottery.

Pretty sure it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to make something like that work quickly for TV.

On the flipside, I don't think they need to televise weigh-ins. Just let the fighters, a member of their coaching team, and a commissioner weigh-in within a private room in case someone needs to strip down.

By having it in front of the cameras, you run into:

Everything in sports is rigged.

If the Bulls don't get Marvin Bagley I'm going to be pissed.

Back