Are there any professional sports where a world-class manlet can excel at against bigger opponents?

They make great horse pilots..

images

Combat sports are the only sports in which manlets thrive since they’re the only sports where they control for the size of the athletes. Everything is equal-ish. A small guy is competing against another small guy. Relative to each other, they’re the same size.

In sports like basketball there are absolutes. The rim is 10 ft high regardless of the size of the players. The ball is always the same size. Therefore, being smaller puts people at a disadvantage.

Dan Cormier is 5'10

Are you one of those guys that said after the JJ that the taller guy always wins? DC is not 0-20+ and he has beaten guys taller than JJ

f1 is just a bit different than throwing a pointy stick at a wall

skysports-phil-taylor-darts_3957207.jpg

vs.

Both require mastery of their equipment to win a contest. Physically drivers need to be in better shape. Personally, if it doesn’t have a ball or puck, I don’t think it’s a true sport. Other folks might have a different definition, and that’s okay too.

Speaking of pointy sticks. Manlets could do well in archery as well.

Dan Cormier is 5'10

Are you one of those guys that said after the JJ that the taller guy always wins? DC is not 0-20+ and he has beaten guys taller than JJ

Do you know what anecdotal evidence is?

Anyway, just because DC is beating larger guys does not mean that being smaller is an advantage. He just has enough skill to overcome the disadvantage that comes with being smaller. I think he is a more skilled fighter than Jon Jones. However, he does not have enough skill to overcome the combination of Jones’s skill along with his size advantage.

Styles play into it as well. But if we are trying to isolate one physical attribute and its effect on the outcome of fights, then you can’t just assume since one small guy has had a lot of success that it means being smaller is an advantage. Otherwise, people wouldn’t cut weight.

Do you know what anecdotal evidence is?

Anyway, just because DC is beating larger guys does not mean that being smaller is an advantage. He just has enough skill to overcome the disadvantage that comes with being smaller. I think he is a more skilled fighter than Jon Jones. However, he does not have enough skill to overcome the combination of Jones’s skill along with his size advantage.

Styles play into it as well. But if we are trying to isolate one physical attribute and its effect on the outcome of fights, then you can’t just assume since one small guy has had a lot of success that it means being smaller is an advantage. Otherwise, people wouldn’t cut weight.

DC is not necessarily more skilled. JJ had a point when he was talking about setting DC up with the body shots is what won the fight not the juice----the juice allowed him to train harder though.

If you are talking about styles making the fight, nobody is better at using their reach than JJ. Alexander Gustafsson gave JJ his toughest fight b/c the fight wasn't about using reach.

I never said lacking reach is an advantage. You can overcome it and excel, be a really good in-fighter, etc.

DC is not necessarily more skilled. JJ had a point when he was talking about setting DC up with the body shots is what won the fight not the juice----the juice allowed him to train harder though.

If you are talking about styles making the fight, nobody is better at using their reach than JJ. Alexander Gustafsson gave JJ his toughest fight b/c the fight wasn't about using reach.

I never said lacking reach is an advantage. You can overcome it and excel, be a really good in-fighter, etc.

I never said that you said having a shorter reach was an advantage. But you were saying that being smaller can be an advantage. It almost always is not. Furthermore, having a size advantage typically gives one a reach advantage. There are times it doesn’t. But usually it does. And the greater the size advantage, the greater the likelihood that one also has a reach advantage.

I never said that you said having a shorter reach was an advantage. But you were saying that being smaller can be an advantage. It almost always is not. Furthermore, having a size advantage typically gives one a reach advantage. There are times it doesn’t. But usually it does. And the greater the size advantage, the greater the likelihood that one also has a reach advantage.

I don't know where I said that or implied that . Height/reach advantage is an advantage. Some can overcome it. The title of the thread is "can excel" not it gives you an advantage

--I know about the height and reach correlation.

Soccer have the biggest worldwide competition, no weight classes and still 5'7 Messi for many is #1

Neymar is 5'9

Maradona was 5'4 wich kinda was like today 5'7

And it was'nt limited to elegant tecnique guys, i mean Gattuso built his career on bulldog his opponents at 5'9, dude was like Tazmania lol

Cannavaro at his peak was the best defender of the world at 5'9

Of course there are taller incredible players too, like 6'1 Cristiano Ronaldo, or Ibra at 6'4

In soccer tall guys and short guys have different advantages
I watched the Messi documentary on Netflix last night and Johan Cruyff said Barcelona prefer to have shorter players. It helpls when they play short quick one touch passes as they are all on the same eye line. The documentary also said Messi uses his size to his advantage when bigger defenders try and push him off the ball he uses that momentum to get away, quite clever and not something I realised before.

I don't know where I said that or implied that . Height/reach advantage is an advantage. Some can overcome it. The title of the thread is "can excel" not it gives you an advantage

--I know about the height and reach correlation.

True. But I took that to mean that they excel because they are a manlet, not in spite of it.

Figure Skating. Elvis Stojko was one of the best.
stojko.jpg

Combat sports are the only sports in which manlets thrive since they’re the only sports where they control for the size of the athletes. Everything is equal-ish. A small guy is competing against another small guy. Relative to each other, they’re the same size.

In sports like basketball there are absolutes. The rim is 10 ft high regardless of the size of the players. The ball is always the same size. Therefore, being smaller puts people at a disadvantage.
good response

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back