Are we so sure Tom Aspinall gets by Lewis?

I mean Lewis was struggling with Nascimento. I think Aspinal beats him.

Of course it's HW so there's always a chance

This goes for every Lewis opponent. Ever.
Dude is out skilled, out cardio'd, out whatever. But he can always land one bomb and then someone is carcassed. And he has, time and again.

That said, we're all pretty sure, mate.

It would look like Aspinall vs Arlovski or DC vs Lewis. Takedown followed by submission (rear-naked choke).

1*XbtKOm9gwQVT5ex4Pn1ChQ.gif

d172a550197c890d69d5d38469a2abbe.gif

You got a small minority on Sherdog making ridiculous claims that the GOAT Jon Jones is “running” from British Tom but Tom’s best wins are Sergei, AARP-AA and flat-footed Volkov.

Black Beast with his new found cardio and power may just Travis Browne Tom.

I say give Lewis a chance to swang and bang…could be interesting.
well, lets see...and when it doesn't go your way will you recognize? or go back to making it about ..you know...we all do.

It would look like Aspinall vs Arlovski or DC vs Lewis. Takedown followed by submission (rear-naked choke).

1*XbtKOm9gwQVT5ex4Pn1ChQ.gif

d172a550197c890d69d5d38469a2abbe.gif
Using Ancient Arlovski to make a point is laughable….

<DirkMavs>

Overrated Aspinall beats overrated Palovich and there has been nothing but Aspinall nut riders every since. Typical Shertards.

Yes he did. You must have not watched it.

How the hell am I glazing? All I said was that Tom didn't fight a very smart fight and Blaydes did a decent job capitalizing. No where did I say Blaydes did exceptional or tooled Tom.

I never said Blaydes was necessarily winning. All I said was that Tom was reckless with his entries and Blaydes did an okay job with throwing as he was entering. The way Tom was entering was not smart.

Spivac at one point being close in weight to what Alex weighs in at on fight night does not mean he could make 205. Stipe also weighed 234 in his last fight, does that mean he's making 205? fuck no. Doesn't matter if Spivac ballooned to 250, weight is weight and a ballooned Spivac on top of you is not going to feel any different than a natural 250 Tom on top of you. Again, I'm not arguing that Tom couldn't submit Derrick, what I'm arguing is that it wouldn't be nearly as easy as you all seem to think it would be.

Spivac had an easy time because Lewis didn't even go into that fight healthy cause of the 3 day weight cut before the fight. That makes a huge fucking difference dude.
Adding muscle mass in a short period of time does not equate in strength to muscle mass gained naturally due to genetics. Ever heard the term man strength? Spivak isn't nearly the same as Tom strength wise. Tom is vastly superior in skills on top of that. Tom easily melts 120% healthy Derrick Lewis. Derrick has a puncher's chance of course but Tom wins 99/100.

Last time Tom the Pom went up against a big black man he didn't survive 30 seconds and then didn't fight for a whole year.

I think a fight with Black Beast would go about the same.

Overrated Aspinall beats overrated Palovich and there has been nothing but Aspinall nut riders every since. Typical Shertards.
Agreed, these two combined to smash a record number of fattys and dinosaurs and now Jon Jones is scared of Aspirin-all after he beat a less refined version of himself.

Never change Sher-goofs.

Saying they both over rated. Now that is typical Shertard Speak if ever I heard it.

Probably more easily than DC did it. Maybe even flashier.

Nothing is ever set in stone in MMA, of course, but I've seen nothing from Aspinall that leads me to believe he'd have any trouble with Lewis.
This may come as a shock, but predicting who will win in a fight is something of a hobby of mine.

All I will say about a fight between Aspinall and Lewis is that I would pick Aspinall without any hesitation and I would be as confident in that prediction as I could possibly be at HW. Barring a freak injury something, Aspinall walks right through him.

This may come as a shock, but predicting who will win in a fight is something of a hobby of mine.

All I will say about a fight between Aspinall and Lewis is that I would pick Aspinall without any hesitation and I would be as confident in that prediction as I could possibly be at HW. Barring a freak injury something, Aspinall walks right through him.
Yeah, I feel like his only prayer is a big shot, and Aspinall has proven that his punches are both lightning fast and powerful, so Lewis would have to beat him to the punch, which I don't think is likely. Aspinall could likely take Lewis down and finish the fight there, but I feel like he could KO Lewis standing with little issue.

Adding muscle mass in a short period of time does not equate in strength to muscle mass gained naturally due to genetics. Ever heard the term man strength? Spivak isn't nearly the same as Tom strength wise. Tom is vastly superior in skills on top of that. Tom easily melts 120% healthy Derrick Lewis. Derrick has a puncher's chance of course but Tom wins 99/100.
No he's not as strong as Tom but he was still as heavy as Tom and muscle mass regardless of natural or earned still benefits because mass is still mass . We've literally seen this with Stipe. When he came in at 246 against Francis the first time he was able to control him on the ground despite Francis being the physically bigger and stronger guy. Then when he fought Francis the 2nd time weighing only 234, he got absolutely tooled by Francis on the ground and literally everyone was asking "why did he come in so light, he should have come in heavier".

When did Gane fight Blaydes? I seem to remember Gane ducking that fight. Gane didn't have a winning streak when he fought Jones. Sergei was on a 6 fight streak when Aspinall beat him. Gane ducked all 3 of those guys. Tai nearly KOed Gane as well, think more type less. Sergei beat all their mutual opponents more impressively.
I should have specified everyone Sergei has beaten and more, except for Blaydes. Anyhow, who cares fucking cares if Sergei was on a 6 fight win streak? 2 of the guys he KO'ed aren't even in the UFC anymore and are over at PFL on losing skids. The other 3 guys that are still on the roster, Shamil is 0-4 in his last 4 all by KO, Tuivasa is also 0-4 in his last 4 all by finish then there's Lewis who is not even top 10 anymore and hasn't had a ranked win since Blaydes 3 years ago. also, who cares if Gane wasn't on a win streak at the time when he fought Jon? It doesn't make him any less of a good win. Gane has only lost to the true HW champ Francis and Jon fucking Jones. So saying Sergei is a better win than Gane because he was on a win streak is stupid af because he would have gotten destroyed by Francis and tooled by Jon just as well, and before you say "Jon Jones wouldn't have been able to take him down and finish him", don't forget Sergei is the same guy that got taken down and tooled by an over the hill Overeem within one round. No Tuivasa did not almost finish Gane he simply sat him down and he got right back up and kicked his ass. How is that any different from Sergei rocking Tom early in their fight only for him to recover and come back and put his lights out? Think more, type less.

Your screen name should be changed to allbias because you're clearly being bias in an attempt to make Sergei look like a better win than he actually is. I look forward to the mental gymnastics you guys will bring to the table if Volkov manages to beat Sergei some how.

Saying they both over rated. Now that is typical Shertard Speak if ever I heard it.
Oh look, its a butt hurt Shertard mad at the truth. The truth hurts don't it?

You are exactly the perfect example of the Aspinall nut hugger I was referring to.

Both of your heros are overrated, it don't matter how much in denial you are about it.

Cry more.

Last edited:
Oh look, its a butt hurt Shertard mad at the truth. The truth hurts don't it?

You are exactly the perfect example of the Aspinall nut hugger I was referring to.

Both of your heros are overrated, it don't matter how much in denial you are about it.

Cry more.
OK thanks for your permission. I will go cry now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Konster1
Back