Are Whey Protein Supplements just a waste of money?

ConnorMacGregod

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have taken whey protein for about 15 years when I start to weight lift seriously. I decide about 1 month ago to stop taking Whey protein and I noticed that I am getting the same results as when I was taking whey protein. What do you guys think? Are they bullshit?

Yeah man that whey protein is just protein that you can get from real food

Well, yeah but if you care about how quickly it's absorbed after a workout then whey does stand out from the crowd a bit.

You gotta get the stuff tainted with turinabol

Milk/soy milk already comes in liquid form

Yeah I get that but even when I stopped drinking whey protein shakes and just went on eating regular food my gains were the same as when I drank shakes. I did not notice anything different. I am still as strong as when I was taking Whey protein.

Yeah I get that but even when I stopped drinking whey protein shakes and just went on eating regular food my gains were the same as when I drank shakes. I did not notice anything different. I am still as strong as when I was taking Whey protein.
Yeah you still have whey protein flowing in your blood which is still triggering protein synthesis in your muscle fiber nuclei to activate

Whey is a very simply protein that your body can absorb quickly. If you want to build muscle, whey and eggs are A-OK

What kinda gains/losses did u really expect to get after 15 years serious lifting just from dropping protein shakes lol..

If you're not working hard enough to make use of the extra fuel your ingesting, it won't have any effect.

I’ve always wondered this tried it a few times over the years didn’t notice much difference

No they are not

For the following reasons ONLY

1. Cheapest protein per gram if you buy from the right places

2. Convenience

If you're trying to hit 100-150 grams of protein a day while working a 9-5 they are ideal
But they are not muscle in a bottle, that's steroids

You could replace every single protein shake you've drank in your life with a can of tuna or a chicken breast
And you will look exactly the same

Buy cheap
Anyone buying mass gainers in 2017
Please don't ever talk to me

Everyone thinks they eat enough but they never do. Whey works and should be used but you gotta eat to get swole

I’ve always wondered this tried it a few times over the years didn’t notice much difference

Yeah I hear you. I am still squating, benching, deadlifting and military pressing the same thing I did before a month ago when i stopped using.

Not sure 1 month is an adequate length of time to make a true determination.

If you get enough protein from food then yes they are not helpful. But they are a good way to ensure you get enough protein without having to eat a lot of food which in some instances can simply be cumbersome.

It’s not like a lot of good science gets done on exercise, but I seem to recall that most of the data suggested that nutrient timing is BS and that you reall only need more like a half a gram of protein per pounds body weight or less unless you’re on gear.

Convenience for me....that's the biggest plus. I work 12 hr shifts. Some of those are night shifts. It's easier and more convenient to have a shake at times.

Back