Are Whey Protein Supplements just a waste of money?

I notice a difference without it. I have taken like 12 days off now, with just some push ups, planks, and dips to keep me alive. I still eat a couple scoops a day. From what I've noticed in the past, if I keep eating it when I'm not working out for a while, I'm stronger (Not as much drop off) than i am when I dont.

If you want to grow you need a certain amount of protein. That's it. Can get it elsewhere, but a couple scoops in skim milk is a rea

I have taken whey protein for about 15 years when I start to weight lift seriously. I decide about 1 month ago to stop taking Whey protein and I noticed that I am getting the same results as when I was taking whey protein. What do you guys think? Are they bullshit?

I think they are bullshit.

Are you saying nutrient timing is bullshit in general or the importance of a post workout meal? The idea of nutrient timing being bull shit is usually applied to meal frequency and post work out nutrition In regards to that "anabolic window", pre- workout nutrition is hardly ever disputed anymore.

Yeah the anabolic window and post-workout gets all the hype and is completely exaggerated. Nutrient timing in general is overblown. Pre-workout is important but the timing is less important than an overall picture. I.e. there is little to no difference between having a big meal a few hours before training vs having a small snack 20 minutes before training. You just need to make sure you have adequate energy to train.

I see a lot of people drinking protein shakes at the gym and they still look like shit.

I gave up whey protein shakes years ago and have noticed absolutely no difference.

I don't eat much. I suffer from severe depression and at times just don't want to eat. Makes a huge difference with me. Two shakes a day gets me quite a bit of protein I otherwise just wouldn't get. If you'e already eating a lot, it won't help as much I'd think.

Nah. Protein shake is cheaper than a chicken breast.

However most people don’t need as much protein as they consume.

For you guys who like to drink Whey as a replacement or trying to put muscle on and need more protein try that Man Sports clean protein or iso they got some crazy delicious flavors
This peanut butter bits is supposed to be really delicious
attachment.php

13561848_1035060729896802_1131336985_n.jpg

MAN_ISO-Protein_30serv-SD.png

badge-iso-protein.png

Whey protein in general is a waste of money. Whey, is dairy derivative. Like the leftover crap. It was used to feed pigs until someone found a way to make a profit off of it. I drink it as a meal replacement or a quick breakfast. That's it.

Whey protein in general is a waste of money. Whey, is dairy derivative. Like the leftover crap. It was used to feed pigs until someone found a way to make a profit off of it. I drink it as a meal replacement or a quick breakfast. That's it.
this is true but its great for fast digesting protein.

I prefer just to eat whole foods, but a lot of athlete benefit from whey because it doesnt keep them full or heavy, if they ate a steak before training it will give them cramps or make them sluggish they can down a nice whey shake with some carbs and thats great energy and then just eat a nice salmon or steak or chicken meal after.

Drinking whey protein before training is best for your muscles. you dont really need one right after its good for 30 minutes right before a workout in my opinion. I never drink whey on non workout days, I just stick to whole foods.

Supplement is the key word. I sure as fuck don't want to eat 200g of protein from chicken breasts everyday.

I drink Syntha-6 Edge which is a protein blend. It's the stuff that Conor uses. Since I started using it, I notice that I throw my water bottle at the TV when I see Nate Diaz and I dance whenever I hear Irish music.

TS, you should take this to the D&S subforum. You won’t get much good feedback here.

I use it as variety if taste.

Back