Are Whey Protein Supplements just a waste of money?

It's a concentrated form of it that usually has additives that help your body absorb it faster, so it does have its place if you're using it.

People pointing out 'it's no different than chicken and fish bro' are looking past the fact that your body still has to break down and absorb those meals where as the powder shakes are closer to immediate absorption ready than a meal is. And that does matter a bit.

Me personally, I switched to just diet and no supplements years ago and noticed a slight difference but it wasn't big enough for me to want to go back.

I have taken whey protein for about 15 years when I start to weight lift seriously. I decide about 1 month ago to stop taking Whey protein and I noticed that I am getting the same results as when I was taking whey protein. What do you guys think? Are they bullshit?

It all depends on your diet. A normal non lifting person only needs 1/2 g of protein per kg body weight per day.

A burn victim (or a meathead lifter trying to get gains) will need 2 g per kg.

If you get it naturally from your diet you are good. If not, supplements come into play.

I have been weightlifting since I Was 13. I am 45 now. I started with Weider products, twinlab, then later all the newer wheys and proteins. They never did anything bit make me put on weight. Good Food is the way to go if you want lean muscle mass.

I have taken whey protein for about 15 years when I start to weight lift seriously. I decide about 1 month ago to stop taking Whey protein and I noticed that I am getting the same results as when I was taking whey protein. What do you guys think? Are they bullshit?

You have noticed gsins in the last month and have been making gains for 15 years? Impressive

Real food is better

I have been weightlifting since I Was 13. I am 45 now. I started with Weider products, twinlab, then later all the newer wheys and proteins. They never did anything bit make me put on weight. Good Food is the way to go if you want lean muscle mass.
I just use it as a meal substitute. I'm actually trying to lose weight and am doing keto. am I doing things wrong by taking Whey?

I just use it as a meal substitute. I'm actually trying to lose weight and am doing keto. am I doing things wrong by taking Whey?

I guess it depends on how and what you are taking. Check sugar and carbs. If they are high, find another. Also are you mixing with milk or juice? More calories and sugar. I lost weight by cutting back on carbs and cutting out junk food.

I guess it depends on how and what you are taking. Check sugar and carbs. If they are high, find another. Also are you mixing with milk or juice? More calories and sugar. I lost weight by cutting back on carbs and cutting out junk food.
I take it with ice coffee and heavy cream. I keep my carb intake down when I can. I didnt know to look for carbs in whey.

Back