Are White American Rednecks the Non-Reformist Muslims of the US?

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Non-reformist Muslims pose a public policy problem in Europe and Canada where lofty multicultural idealism [rooted in a noble sense of compassion] is at odds with different cultural views towards women and sexual orientations.

Many leftists often make an awkward compromise between the forced egalitarian ideals they have towards race/gender/sexual-orientation/culture and the contradictions towards those ideals in some non-Western cultures.

Alt-right/Social Conservatives in the US often ridicule the awkward compromises and logical incongruencies in SJW political views but I can't help to think that they apply a similar type of thinking towards gun rights.

Most people that consider themselves sensible in the 1st world are overwhelmingly in favor of gun regulation.

The only reason that I can think of why America is so different in this regard is that proponents of gun rights are aligned with what I describe as a culture that has an intimate relationship with firearms and thus is raveled in the messy issue of multiculturalism.

Meaningful gun regulation is difficult to push through precisely because rural White America actually functions like an ethnic enclave where guns are tied to their identity and any infringement on this is as an attack on their culture (way of life).

Last edited:
If "rednecks" had a policy that apostacy from "redneckedness" was death

One is a set of beliefs the other is being a certain skin colour and getting burnt

In the sense that gun rights is part of Americana, part of the constitution, and also that the nation has been majority white in terms of demographics?

Plenty of non-white people adopt this sense of Americana though from what I can see and also view the second amendment favorably.

I think a lot of the time it comes down to the people pushing for 'common sense gun control' just are not viewed as genuine and/or clued in with the complexity of the situation. Also that they will never stop no matter what laws are passed so a line has been drawn in the sand.

Last edited:
You do know that its not just rednecks that grow up with guns as a part of their family right?

My dad grew up in Minneapolis and grew up shooting mule deer every fall with his immigrant from Czechslovakia dad from the time he was like 12.

One of the guys I go shooting with constantly is a fmr Marine that is a mix of Apache and Meixcan that also is a Muay Thai instructor and a chef at a local cajun style restaurant.

Look, I found a redneck gun enthusiast:

I have said it before, replace Allah with Jesus and a large part of the Republican party would be fine with Sharia law.

Rednecks lack the conviction of their beliefs. Religious people are the main problem.

Sadly guns are enshrined in the constitution and ingrained in the belief system of the regressive segment of our population.

What a way to say white people are getting in the way of gun control.

Nice one TS look at what this thread has produced:

I have said it before, replace Allah with Jesus and a large part of the Republican party would be fine with Sharia law.

Rednecks lack the conviction of their beliefs. Religious people are the main problem.

Sadly guns are enshrined in the constitution and ingrained in the belief system of the regressive segment of our population.

I expect more to come.

People really are begging to be dominated by an authoritarian government.

Non-reformist Muslims pose a public policy problem in Europe and Canada where lofty multicultural idealism [rooted in a noble sense of compassion] is at odds with different cultural views towards women and sexual orientations.

Many leftists often make an awkward compromise between the forced egalitarian ideals they have towards race/gender/sexual-orientation/culture and the contradictions towards those ideals in some non-Western cultures.

Alt-right/Social Conservatives in the US often ridicule the awkward compromises and logical incongruencies in SJW political views but I can't help to think that they apply a similar type of thinking towards gun rights.

Most people that consider themselves sensible in the 1st world are overwhelmingly in favor of gun rights.

The only reason that I can think of why America is so different in this regard is that proponents of gun rights are aligned with what I describe as a culture that has an intimate relationship with firearms and thus is raveled in the messy issue of multiculturalism.

Meaningful gun regulation is difficult to push through precisely because rural White America actually functions like an ethnic enclave where guns are tied to their identity and any infringement on this is as an attack on their culture (way of life).

I would say that american rednecks completely ignore the teachings of Muhammed if that is what you mean.

This is much exaggerated. One can recognize that the environment that some immigrants come from is a third-world backwoods full of superstition and ignorance, without throwing all Muslims under the bus. In the United States we do extreme vetting (been in place since Obama) and we integrate immigrants into our country very well. From my perspective, Europe doesn't seem to do either very well. What some people around here don't like to admit is that, unlike many European countries, we are a very diverse country and because of that, we accommodate diverse populations well. Go figure.

Some posters make it seem like the seemingly normal Muslims you see around town are going back to their basements and burning gays wrapped in the American flag and pledging allegiance to ISIS. While they may hold views different from the societal norms of the United States on such issues as gender equality or gay rights (they're not the only ones), as long as they don't act on those views and obey the law, they are welcome to coexist here with the rest of us.

THe OP doesn't make sense given the thread title. If this is a gun regulation thread, make that clear. If it's some attempt to draw parallels between the conservative/anti-freedom perspectives of Muslims vs. Western Europe with similar perspectives of American rednecks vs. American liberals, make that clear.

carry on...

Guns rights issues only matter when high profile white people are killed. People gunned down in cities every day but a few white people get killed and it's on the cover of Time magazine.

Guns rights issues only matter when high profile white people are killed. People gunned down in cities every day but a few white people get killed and it's on the cover of Time magazine.
Because people gunned down in cities are usually related to gang violence, and doesn't really affect the people living outside those places. Mass shootings are scary because they could affect anyone, anywhere and at any time for absolutely no reason.

But rather than the average person worrying about it, they should spend more time worrying about things that they can change, like living a healthier and happier life.

Back