Are White American Rednecks the Non-Reformist Muslims of the US?

would the parkland students be marching if their school wasnt shot up? would they be saying " those kids on Chicago....we must do something about gun violence"

really its a classic example of how most people dont care about anything unless it happens to them or around them. its not even a race thing because some of the spokespeople are not even white like that gonzalez student.

it really is people in general not giving a fuck.

a part of me feels sorry for them but apart of me says "i dont care" because they should have been marching earlier when gun violence statistics in chicago went up.

They are marching because the left thinks it has a good weapon in it's war on gun owners.

Non-reformist Muslims pose a public policy problem in Europe and Canada where lofty multicultural idealism [rooted in a noble sense of compassion] is at odds with different cultural views towards women and sexual orientations.

Many leftists often make an awkward compromise between the forced egalitarian ideals they have towards race/gender/sexual-orientation/culture and the contradictions towards those ideals in some non-Western cultures.

Alt-right/Social Conservatives in the US often ridicule the awkward compromises and logical incongruencies in SJW political views but I can't help to think that they apply a similar type of thinking towards gun rights.

Most people that consider themselves sensible in the 1st world are overwhelmingly in favor of gun rights.

The only reason that I can think of why America is so different in this regard is that proponents of gun rights are aligned with what I describe as a culture that has an intimate relationship with firearms and thus is raveled in the messy issue of multiculturalism.

Meaningful gun regulation is difficult to push through precisely because rural White America actually functions like an ethnic enclave where guns are tied to their identity and any infringement on this is as an attack on their culture (way of life).

937202-facepalm_implied_super.jpg

Have you ever been to the US?

Rednecks are the single most insufferable, culturally and politically, social group we have. Obviously, a large portion are fine people, etc., but as a monolith they are obnoxious, boisterous, and most aggravatingly proud to be dumb and inconsiderate.

Nope never been to the USA although I have relatives there.

So they are really bad in real life? I thought it was just hollywood stereotype. And you know hollywood tends to exagerate things.

Because people gunned down in cities are usually related to gang violence, and doesn't really affect the people living outside those places. Mass shootings are scary because they could affect anyone, anywhere and at any time for absolutely no reason.

But rather than the average person worrying about it, they should spend more time worrying about things that they can change, like living a healthier and happier life.

That's not really accurate.

I feel pretty confident there will never be a mass shooting inside of a prison. Why? Armed guards 24/7, checkpoints, etc.

Police stations and military bases will never suffer a full fledged massacre like Parkland/Collumbine - because of armed resistance. Sure, someone might shoot the place up, but they're going to be stopped quickly.

Seems to be a trend that places with armed resistance are somewhat immune to mass shootings.

Maybe we should make schools harder targets for these psychos?

apostasy is punished by death in said religion.

Wickiana5.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt#/media/File:Wickiana5.jpg

Yes, this is a scene that is nearly 500 years old, but it happened because these particular practitioners of Christianity choose to interpret the bible in a light that justified these actions. Culture and religion are interlinked. Modern witch hunts happen in Sub-Saharn Christian nations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_witch-hunts

That's not really accurate.

I feel pretty confident there will never be a mass shooting inside of a prison. Why? Armed guards 24/7, checkpoints, etc.

Police stations and military bases will never suffer a full fledged massacre like Parkland/Collumbine - because of armed resistance. Sure, someone might shoot the place up, but they're going to be stopped quickly.

Seems to be a trend that places with armed resistance are somewhat immune to mass shootings.

Maybe we should make schools harder targets for these psychos?

Fort Hood.

Most people that consider themselves sensible in the 1st world are overwhelmingly in favor of gun regulation.

The only reason that I can think of why America is so different in this regard is that proponents of gun rights are aligned with what I describe as a culture that has an intimate relationship with firearms and thus is raveled in the messy issue of multiculturalism.

America has lots of gun regulation.

This other paragraph makes no sense at all to me.

Wickiana5.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt#/media/File:Wickiana5.jpg

Yes, this is a scene that is nearly 500 years old, but it happened because these particular practitioners of Christianity choose to interpret the bible in a light that justified these actions. Culture and religion are interlinked. Modern witch hunts happen in Sub-Saharn Christian nations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_witch-hunts

So what you're saying is muslims are 500 years behind?!? Not sure I understand, I don't speak 'whataboutism'

Is this for real? Is this serious.

Damn, I guess black people are disproportionately leeching up all the good spots in the safest place in the whole country, prison.

giphy.gif

Thanks for the laugh.

Is this for real? Is this serious.

Damn, I guess black people are disproportionately leeching up all the good spots in the safest place in the whole country, prison.

giphy.gif

Thanks for the laugh.

Saying there will never be a mass shooting doesn't mean it's safe. It just means it's safe from that one particularly type of violence.

There will be plenty of shanks, rapes, and locks-in-socks - just no mass shootings.

So what you're saying is muslims are 500 years behind?!? Not sure I understand

I was saying Culture and Religion can't be separated.

I don't speak 'whataboutism'

You asked me what I thought about genital mutilation after I made a post about the difference between how leftists are portrayed to view Muslims, and how they actually view them. That's the definition of what-about-ism.

I was saying Culture and Religion can't be separated.

You asked me what I thought about genital mutilation after I made a post about the difference between how leftists are portrayed to view Muslims, and how they actually view them. That's the definition of what-about-ism.

So what your saying is we shouldn't let muslims in the us because they'll import a misogynistic, backwards culture along with their religion?!? Wut?

Saying there will never be a mass shooting doesn't mean it's safe. It just means it's safe from that one particularly type of violence.

There will be plenty of shanks, rapes, and locks-in-socks - just no mass shootings.

Well it is a gun free zone, after all.

Non-reformist Muslims pose a public policy problem in Europe and Canada where lofty multicultural idealism [rooted in a noble sense of compassion] is at odds with different cultural views towards women and sexual orientations.

Many leftists often make an awkward compromise between the forced egalitarian ideals they have towards race/gender/sexual-orientation/culture and the contradictions towards those ideals in some non-Western cultures.

Alt-right/Social Conservatives in the US often ridicule the awkward compromises and logical incongruencies in SJW political views but I can't help to think that they apply a similar type of thinking towards gun rights.

Most people that consider themselves sensible in the 1st world are overwhelmingly in favor of gun regulation.

Meaningful gun regulation is difficult to push through precisely because rural White America actually functions like an ethnic enclave where guns are tied to their identity and any infringement on this is as an attack on their culture (way of life).

Oh, so most people in the 1st world consider themselves sensible - Then why are they importing a slew of refugees that have been stating for 20+ years that they plan on taking over your country?

Rural white American's (rednecks if you prefer) have grown up around guns, they see the history that guns have played in the building of this nation, and we value a little thing called freedom.

What is it that the left likes to say - "if you aren't in favor of abortions then don't have one and quit tell me how to live my life."

So what your saying is we shouldn't let muslims in the us because they'll import a misogynistic, backwards culture along with their religion?!? Wut?

No. If you're really curious about what I said in my first post, I suggest you read it.

Back