Are WME so desperate to pay off their loans/debt that they let a sick Kevin Lee with staph fight?

View attachment 289663

Why else would the UFC and the NSAC allow Kevin Lee to fight?

Thoughts?

Maybe because they don't get a say.

I swear something tells me that you're a guy with no more than 5 teeth and holes in your pants that likely hasn't had a shower in 3 weeks. No one other than that type of hillbilly would ask such a stupid question.

Losing too much fluid, not drinking enough, or a combination of the two can quickly lead to dehydration, which, when severe, can lead to heart palpitations along with dry mouth, dark urine, and muscle cramping. “Dehydration can cause changes inyour body's electrolytes and also lowers blood pressure,” Dr. Doshi says.Feb 27, 2015

http://www.health.com/heart-disease/7-weird-things-that-can-mess-with-your-heartbeat-palpitations

How come Ferguson's heart rate and blood pressure were normal?

Damn. Those are some wacky numbers. Props to him for fighting through it.

Not sure we blame either the UFC or the athletic commission, or the athlete for that matter. The reality is that fighting with staph is acceptable in this business. Until someone makes a stand, it will remain the standard. That may be fine with fans, as they are already sick of cards being altered because of injuries and USADA, but MMA is already a tough sport when the athletes are 100%, I couldn't imagine fighting while fighting a serious infection.

In terms of competition, it also sucks because I think it would be nice to see these two square off without any outside factors. Not taking away anything from Tony, he did his job, but I think the fight could have been a classic with both these two healthy.

NSAC is notoriously dirty, has been for decades. So yes it very well could be up to WME.

Of course it COULD be, there's a lot of conspiracy theories that could be, but based on logic IF they were to protect a fighter it would be a money maker like Jon not Lee. So to post about it as if it were a proven fact is ridiculous.

Of course it COULD be, there's a lot of conspiracy theories that could be, but based on logic IF they were to protect a fighter it would be a money maker like Jon not Lee. So to post about it as if it were a proven fact is ridiculous.
It would be just another conspiracy theory if someone said they might do something for the first time. It's what they do in general.

It would be just another conspiracy theory if someone said they might do something for the first time. It's what they do in general.

Oh ok, I guess you learn something new everyday.
Thanks for the inside info!

You want proven fact?

How about they gave Brock Lesnar a special exemption so he didn't need to get random drug tested 4 months like everyone else just so he could juiced his ass off and fought Mark Hunt, then failed his drug test AFTER the fight was over?

You are either a seriously uninformed MMA fan or you are a paid WME shill.

You want proven fact?

How about they gave Brock Lesnar a special exemption so he didn't need to get random drug tested 4 months like everyone else just so he could juiced his ass off and fought Mark Hunt, then failed his drug test AFTER the fight was over?

You are either a seriously uninformed MMA fan or you are a paid WME shill.

First of all sorry if it hurt to be called uninformed, no need to use the I'm rubber you're glue technique.
Second they will absolutely bend the rules based on actual pre-existing policy such as:

"“UFC may grant an exemption to the four-month written notice rule in exceptional circumstances or where the strict application of that rule would be manifestly unfair to an Athlete"

And they will certainly do so for their big money makers, the Lesnar's, Conor's & Rouseys of the MMA world, and even Lesnar was suspended for failing a test.

In reality WME will focus on securing billion dollar network deals, new markets and multimillion dollar sponspors rather than risking their 4 Billion dollar investment protecting fighters who bring in 100K PPV buys. BUT I understand it's more fun to be ignorant and fake outraged.

I'm surprised that Tony's resting HR is so high, I thought he was in decent shape.

are you people that naive?

Nope they've corrected me, WME's focus isn't securing billion dollar network deals, new markets and multimillion dollar sponspors it's actually risking their $4 Billion investement protecting fighters like Lee who bring in 100K PPV buys. My bad.

How come Ferguson's heart rate and blood pressure were normal?

Interesting. If he had cut weight his numbers would be crazy. TONY DIDN'T CUT WEIGHT!

This is just the TOP of this iceberg. What else didn't Tony do? Pay his taxes? Not cheat? Enquiring minds need to work it out!

Nope they've corrected me, WME's focus isn't securing billion dollar network deals, new markets and multimillion dollar sponspors it's actually risking their $4 Billion investement protecting fighters like Lee who bring in 100K PPV buys. My bad.
you think that to protect lee from fighting is a risk move by WME. what it all takes is a high level guy in the UFC telling someone in the NSAC "let lee fight" and that's it. it wasn't anything that big anyway. just a small staph infection. they weren't try to fix fights or hid a positive test or anything

you think that to protect lee from fighting is a risk move by WME. what it all takes is a high level guy in the UFC telling someone in the NSAC "let lee fight" and that's it. it wasn't anything that big anyway. just a small staph infection. they weren't try to fix fights or hid a positive test or anything

I got it, makes perfect sense.

I had MRSA in college and the day I was cleared not contagious I wrestled in an open. Wrestled 6 matches and felt absolutely no ill effects from it. Other teammates did the same and had the same feeling. Same with some of my HS wrestlers.

Bullshit on it effecting you. He just got his ass beat.

Losing too much fluid, not drinking enough, or a combination of the two can quickly lead to dehydration, which, when severe, can lead to heart palpitations along with dry mouth, dark urine, and muscle cramping. “Dehydration can cause changes inyour body's electrolytes and also lowers blood pressure,” Dr. Doshi says.Feb 27, 2015

http://www.health.com/heart-disease/7-weird-things-that-can-mess-with-your-heartbeat-palpitations

lolwut.

i don't think you know what palpitations are. or is your argument SERIOUSLY that he was having palpitations the exact moment he was having his blood pressure checked? hahaha.

funniest about this is... your own attempt to justify this is worse than even the OP suggested, anyway. obvious staph plus a heart condition? fucking genius work.

I had MRSA in college and the day I was cleared not contagious I wrestled in an open. Wrestled 6 matches and felt absolutely no ill effects from it. Other teammates did the same and had the same feeling. Same with some of my HS wrestlers.

Bullshit on it effecting you. He just got his ass beat.

it depends on the kind of infection. i had a staph infection that was no big deal once or twice (possibly more that were too minor to notice) but i also had one that hit my lymphatic system and made my tongue swell up, 105 degree fever, red streaks from my armpit (lymph node) down to my elbow...

it was bad. i was lucky that doxy turned it around quickly, if it was resistant to doxy i might have been dead fucked.

Back