Are women just not funny? Do they not make good comedians?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
I've been watching a lot of stand up comedy on Youtube and I just do not remember seeing any stand up by a female performer that was more than just "entertaining."

Do you think either of these girls are funny?

This girl, for example

or this girl

They are not, and they do not.

There are a few, obviously, but much like MMA, they're just not on the level.

To be fair to women, standup comedy is a medium that even 95% of the guys who do it aren't exceptionally funny in, at least in my opinion.

And there's the whole thing that women don't have to be funny to attract mates, whereas for men it's a huge plus, so men are more inclined, etc.

That said, there are some really funny female comedic actors. I think standup is just a really tough medium, or at least rarely impressive.

I think Sarah Silverman is hilarious. I'm surprised people here don't like her.

remember hot import model from the 90s Aiko Tanaka?

she has a cute charm to her nowadays

There are lots of funny women comics who's shtick isn't just "my vagina did something gross" like Amy Schumer. I got rid of my Sirius radio so I can't think of names right now. Chelsea Peretti, Natasha Leggero, Maria bamford.

I have a soft spot in my heart and a wet spot in my undies for Natasha Legerro. She was an extra on Reno 911 ages ago.

I think Sarah Silverman is hilarious. I'm surprised people here don't like her.

Because she is an asshole SJW. And I don’t find women talking out of their vaginas funny. As for women comediennes, I think their humor is aimed at women so most men won’t find it too funny. I have seen a few that are ok, just can’t remember their names.

Of course women can be funny and good comedians. There is nothing genetic about being a good comedian. Timing and perspective = comedy

I like some female comedians, but if I made a top ten list of favorite comedians, it would almost certainly be 100% male.

There’s a popular comedy club near me and I went 2 weeks ago. 4 acts one was a girl. And holy shit she was awful.

She was the opening act and wasn’t up there for long but damn not a laugh was had.

She set up one joke with “ so I love my boyfriend. I learn a lot about myself through him. For example, we went on a road trip recently and I learned that I sleep with my mouth open”...okay so I’m thinking decent set up, let’s hear the punch line now...” so my boyfriend blows his weed smoke in my mouth”...waits for laugh, but none coming...”so yeah I guess we don’t have a lot of pot smokers in here”... transitions into next joke...

I’m like where the fuck is the fucking punchline there you stupid CUNT?!?!

99% of male comedians are garbage. 99% of female comedians are garbage.

Seems equal to me.

Tons of funny women on the earwolf network. Lauren Lapkus comes to mind...

i google search it and boom this come up. he make good points. i have never found women funny. some can be amusing but not funny..

To be fair to women, standup comedy is a medium that even 95% of the guys who do it aren't exceptionally funny in, at least in my opinion.

And there's the whole thing that women don't have to be funny to attract mates, whereas for men it's a huge plus, so men are more inclined, etc.

That said, there are some funny female comedic actors. I think standup is just a really tough medium, or at least rarely impressive.
agreed 100%. I’m sure it’s fun to go to a standup comedy show and get nice and lit, but let us face it, it’s a fucking garbage format in general.

I think if people randomly searched men doing standup comedy they’d find that most sucked and could just as easily say “are men just not funny?”

Funnier to women

Just like men are funnier to men

My gf asked me to pay for a two week trip to Hawaii for Christmas. I thought that was hilarious

Like others have said, the vast majority of male comedians are not that great either. The extreme few who are great, are male though. I will have to say that even if they have good material, it's something about how female comedians deliver it that doesn't make me laugh out loud. Maybe i just can't relate to it because I'm a man. I never seen a female comedian that made me bust out laughing like guys like Louis CK, Chris Delia, or Bill Burr. I personally know women who are really funny though.

Back