Are you a Republican or Democrat? Shame on you

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you are still a Republican or a Democrat, shame on you. Shame, shame, shame!

I don't care if you support individual Republicans or Democrats if you can tell me exactly why you support those people. If you can point to specific statements, or policies that candidate supports, I am fine with that.

However, if you have ever checked a box on a ballot because of the letter next to that name, shame on you. If you plan on doing so in the future, not just shame, but piss on you.

You are a traitor to this nation if you vote up and down ticket for a party.

Discuss........

If you are in a state with closed primaries and you don't register for either party you are losing an opportunity to shape politics.

When Democrats had full control of the federal government they tried to expand healthcare to millions. When Republicans had full control of government they passed the largest corporate tax cut in history while increasing military spending. Democratic states fund public education. Republican states have teachers striking because they can’t afford to live. We had the basics of a meaningful plan to mitigate the effects of climate change under the Obama EPA. Under Trumps that’s all been scrapped and the main objective of his “environmental” plan has been to prop up a dead coal industry and open up national reserves for drilling.

Both sides suck in some ways. But both sides are NOT the same.

Last edited:
When Democrats had full control of the federal government they tried to expand healthcare to millions. When Republicans had full control of government they passed the largest corporate tax cut in history while increasing military spending. Democratic states fund public education. Republican states have teachers striking because they can’t afford to live.

They are not the same. However, if you think the worst Democrat is better then the best Republican, I could not disagree more.

There for, voting up and down ticket for a party is not logically defensible.

Something I finally agree with Viva on, it's about the individual > political affiliation
I am more likely to vote Republican but will vote for Democrat any day of the week as I have done before

They are not the same. However, if you think the worst Democrat is better then the best Republican, I could not disagree more.

There for, voting up and down ticket for a party is not logically defensible.
I respect the sentiment, but unfortunately politics is a gang fight. No one gets anything without a majority.

I respect the sentiment, but unfortunately politics is a gang fight. No one gets anything without a majority.

It is a gang fight. The problem is people thinking they are apart of the Democrat or Republican gang.

You should start your own gang, because those people give two fucks about you.

They are both the same. Both are the parties of war and both are the parties of big government.

It doesn't matter who is in charge, government grows, debt increases, and your freedoms decrease.

Its pretty easy to show why I am a democrat, and vote straight democrat. The parties arent the same, and elections matter.

https://www.democrats.org/party-platform

https://www.gop.com/platform/

That is a great reason for why you would be more inclined to educate yourself on a Democrats statements and policy positions, and then agree with them, and support that candidate.

This is a shit reason to vote for someone you know nothing about other then what letter they put next to their name.

That is a great reason for why you would be more inclined to educate yourself on a Democrats statements and policy positions, and then agree with them, and support that candidate.

This is a shit reason to vote for someone you know nothing about other then what letter they put next to their name.

Actually setting policy is a team effort. Requires votes in houses of Congress and shit (look it up if you don't believe me). If you actually care about getting policies enacted into law, the individual personality of the politicians is mostly irrelevant. That little letter that tells you what party they are in is what really matters.

It is a gang fight. The problem is people thinking they are apart of the Democrat or Republican gang.

You should start your own gang, because those people give two fucks about you.
See post 5 itt.
It is a gang fight. When the Bloods and Crips (ironically enough red and blue) fight each other, the community loses. They may feel one is superior to the other, or more deserving of the turf, but in reality both are detrimental and harmful to everyone around them. However they do hold a strong bond and support each other in their gang.

Apply this to the political red and blue, and it's the same story in a different way.
I agree that it would be better if the gangs weren’t fighting so violently.

But, as it is, Crips and Bloods are a bad comparison. A better comparison is two parties fighting a lawsuit over a parcel of land. One wants to use it as a nature preserve or community center, and the other wants to clear cut it, mine it out, and then dump waste there. Sure, the tactics might be similar (lawyers, guns, and money) but the GOAL is radically different.

The example is a charicature, but I think you get the point.

Last edited:
Should I vote for your fucking dog then?

When Democrats had full control of the federal government they tried to expand healthcare to millions. When Republicans had full control of government they passed the largest corporate tax cut in history while increasing military spending. Democratic states fund public education. Republican states have teachers striking because they can’t afford to live. We had the basic stuff of o meaningful plan to mitigate the effects of climate change under the Obama EPA. Under Trumps that’s all been scrapped and the main objective of his “environmental” plan has been to prop up a dead coal industry and open up national reserves for drilling.

This. There are at least a dozen major examples of fundamental differences where the Democratic platform, as well as Democratic proposals, are far better.

Should I vote for your fucking dog then?

This. There are at least a dozen major examples of fundamental differences where the Democratic platform, as well as Democratic proposals, are far better.

Naw man.

The truth is that if you care enough to cast a vote, you should care enough to search the candidates name on the interwebs, and spend 5 minutes reading.

You, lucky, jack, Homer. You guys will probably vote party line, but I bet you could give me specifics for why on 80% of them.

You guys really aren't the target of this.

Low info Dems and Reps shouldn't vote. Get the vote out is stupid. We need more informed voters, not more voters.

Actually setting policy is a team effort. Requires votes in houses of Congress and shit (look it up if you don't believe me). If you actually care about getting policies enacted into law, the individual personality of the politicians is mostly irrelevant. That little letter that tells you what party they are in is what really matters.

That's what we need. More laws and more rules.

Unfortunately there is no reaching across the aisle anymore, and there hasn't been for quite a while. Also, the winner-takes-all way our political system is designed (where the winner can re-write the rules to make it easier for them to win the next time out) often makes split party tickets into votes for gridlock and little else.

Also, no matter what candidates say, they tend to vote party-line anyway because our political system requires a big concentration of power on one side to accomplish anything. If both sides have equal power, nothing at all gets done.

I have to blindly vote Republican this year, across the board, because if the Democrats regain power they will impeach our greatest president and then proceed to open up the border, raise taxes, and subject our country to the false song of globalism.

We have no choice.

Back