Social E

Are you for or against Euthanasia?

• i'm for euthanasia.

• I'm against euthanasia.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since I'm the first, and only one so far, to vote 'No,' I feel need to give an explanation.

We live in a world of ever-advancing medical research, with the most powerful painkillers being described as hundreds of times more powerful than heroine. There's literally no reason why anyone in their final days should be in an amount of pain to wish they were already dead.

Add to that, the 'slippery slope' theory, that once euthanasia is commonly accepted by society and the medical community it will eventually become 'assisted suicide' to be used for the mentally ill and depressed.

These types of proposals are always sold with the best case scenarios being the only scenarios, without addressing the complicated and outright bad scenarios.

I staunchly disagree but respect you being prepared to put forward your thoughts.

We live in a world of ever-advancing medical research, with the most powerful painkillers being described as hundreds of times more powerful than heroine. There's literally no reason why anyone in their final days should be in an amount of pain to wish they were already dead.
You have absolutely no earthly idea what you are talking about here.

People who are on these drugs aren't people anymore. They are husks of people, their personality sapped and bodies destroyed. It is a horrific and demeaning way to see the shell of a person, kept alive for reasons I can't comprehend.

Yes, I say the same thing when I see clips of an Insane Clown Posse concert.

For, I have been by the bedside of my cousin dying.

No one should have to end their life in such misery.

I'm even for unwilling euthanasia.

For terminally ill people, absolutely ..

For those with rapidly progressing dementia , brain cancer, absolutely.

If you don't want the Last memories of yourself being a rotting, degenerating corpse , shitting yourself , losing all dignity, the choice should be yours .

And before anyone says, "life is a gift from god, only God has the right to..." go fuck yourself.

Yep, for the terminally ill to duck out before they waste away. Definitely not just because a person requests it if they're depressed or something.

Not really,
It says the drug has only been tested on mice, side effects unknown.

If the drug is that strong it will ultimately kill the patient anyways.
I can understand you are against it but to think terminally ill people can be on this drug for a prolonged time is ridiculous, the dosages would have to be increased at some point, how much is too much? Above and beyond that, those people have already been severely weakened by their illness, and a miracle drug isn't going to be developed in 6 months time to save this person, I feel giving them a choice is the humane thing to do.

I am against euthanasia. You only get to live once. That pain you experiencing is the only time you will ever get to feel something anything.

You may as well go as far as you can. Ever hear the quote "never go quietly into the night, rage, rage against the dying of the light" or something like that?

Whenever I hear that word I can't help but think "youth in Asia"

(for it by the way, especially for terminally ill)
i used to say a little joke (well i still do, but your post reminded me of it) 'the youth in asia is running wild, thats why no one supports it.'

GXNDJ4u.png

yeah im pro euthanasia. but i also feel it doesnt need to be only restricted to the terminally ill or alike.

This is one of those issues where I have absolutely no respect for views on one side of this subject.

I have never met, or read anything written by, someone who opposes the right to die and who has actually given principled thought to the subject.

If it's assisted suicide then yeah. If it's substituting one's judgment for that of the infirmed then it quickly gets dicey.

Back