Are you going to be an old(er) parent to young children?

View attachment 488155
If your insurance will pay for it, ask for a 4D sonogram. Amazing...

Oh wow, that’s awesome. I think at the next ultrasound at about 21 weeks we can get one. We’re in Canada, so I’m not sure if there’s an extra charge or not. It’s incredible seeing that baby grow, from a blob into a baby.

Do you know what you’re having yet?
Gender reveal parties are fun.

Oh wow, that’s awesome. I think at the next ultrasound at about 21 weeks we can get one. We’re in Canada, so I’m not sure if there’s an extra charge or not. It’s incredible seeing that baby grow, from a blob into a baby.

Do you know what you’re having yet?
Gender reveal parties are fun.

Not yet. Still a little early. We’ll find out at the end of January. Can’t wait! It’s funny, we’re only getting close for a girl’s name, no idea about a boys name though. I keep throwing out ridiculous names like Maverick and Ferdinand lol. I’m stumped.

I have a 9 month old at 39. I had my about to be 17 year old at 22.

Make a poll and let Sherdog decide :D

Not yet. Still a little early. We’ll find out at the end of January. Can’t wait! It’s funny, we’re only getting close for a girl’s name, no idea about a boys name though. I keep throwing out ridiculous names like Maverick and Ferdinand lol. I’m stumped.

Only if I'm a billionaire in my 70s. Knock me up a 60 yr old hottie and break records.

I’d say something that special and unique would have some of the members feeling heartfelt enough to send you a few things off your registry.

I should do a suggestion thread, then pick out a top 10 from that list. What say you?

I'm 36 and my kids are 5 and 3. We might try for s third next year. I'm getting old, so it's now or never.

But then if you have kids in 20s, and 30s, your prime years are used up taking care of kids. By the time you are 40 or 50 what else better do you have to do?
Sherdog full time?

The 20's was a struggle, looking back, I don't think a 40 yr old me can wake up and feed a baby, run here and there for their school projects. I guess it's the level of involvement, which is normal for asian parents. And I got involved in mma after I became a parent. The only weird thing is writing an album in our late-thirties after a 15 yr hiatus.

Last edited:
Nope. No payment other than reimbursing your petrol or train money. But they make u fill out the paperwork but they will check the mileage to see if you're trying it on or not.

No, they expect people to donate now purely To Help couples who cannot conceive naturally.

The first time, a nurse takes u for an all over physical. Then a sperm sample and blood test. If you have ever smoked you are automaticly out! Anything found in your DNA which can be passed on to offspring and your out.

After this first sample for testing, you agree to come another ten times for donations. If you're in the clear, that's it.
And I suppose this company provides their services for free - to help couples who cannot conceive naturally.

Wasted your best years on kids. Stop trying to make yourself feel better about it.

I've often wondered what would've happened if I stayed single til my thirties. But then again, what are "prime years"? Being competitive against 20 yr olds in the gym? Still getting gigs here and there and writing songs. I don't think I would've been as successful in my career as I always needed a goal to jump start my self. Pretty hard to be lazy with kids around. How old were you when you had your kid/s?

And I suppose this company provides their services for free - to help couples who cannot conceive naturally.
No it is not free. Not linked to the NHS. Its a private clinic. Not sure about pricing, but it didn't cost me nothing obviously being a doner..

No it is not free. Not linked to the NHS. Its a private clinic. Not sure about pricing, but it didn't cost me nothing obviously being a doner..
I just think it's funny that they expect you to donate out of the kindness of your heart, but it's ok for them to make a profit off of the sperm you produced. I would be ok with it if they paid you a fair market price

I just think it's funny that they expect you to donate out of the kindness of your heart, but it's ok for them to make a profit off of the sperm you produced. I would be ok with it if they paid you a fair market price
In recent memory maybe three years ago or less, the laws changed. These laws allowed the children once aged 18 to be provided details of the father, if requested.

I had my first a couple days before I turned 22. I have 3 now. I'm excited to still be young enough to go hiking with my kids and greatly look forward to training with my boys when they're bigger than I am.

Edit: I also like the idea of my kids being old enough to be left behind or moved out when I'm in my late thirties and forties and (ideally) have a bunch of disposable income to do fun shit.

Back