Are you going to be an old(er) parent to young children?

melania-and-donald-trump.jpg

well, shit. im that old, that when my youngest starts school, the teachers will say something like " its so nice to see grand parents so involved i the school"

Well, we lost 1, had 1, lost 1,had 1, lost 1, lost 2, lost 2.

Gave up after we lost twins the second time.

Congrats on the 3 though x.

Jesus your wife is a tough woman.

I just found out I might have a daughter who'd be 17 or not. Not sure if it's bullshit or not. Can't find the mom through simple net searches since I don't know her new last name.

i-m 37 and i am in no hurry to have kids. if it ever happens, fine, if not, also fine.
i'd be a absentee parent anyway. i travel a shitload.

I’m 32, and I haven’t lived enough. I’m also renting.

I intend to get a place of my own by 35, but I want to keep travelling as well. I might have kids when I’m 40.

Had my first daughter at 34 and my second just before I turned 42. Money will never be a concern for my family, but I have more than a little anxiety that I'm an old dad (albeit not by local standards, where the majority seem to have children much later than our parents did). Fortunately, my wife's 5 years my junior, and we're both in decent health, but I really hope I can be there to help and witness my children becoming independent.

I'm 36 and I have a seven and a five year old. For me right around 30 was when I wanted to have kids. You're usually much more secure in life by then. My parents were both 17 when I was born which wasn't good for anybody.

To answer your question... it was more realistic to be a parent in your 20s before the 90s when you could graduate high school, get a job right away, buy a home and retire, and your wife would've raised the kids without having to work.

Women got married and had babies on their 18th birthday.

Today, you gotta graduate attend grad school, get an internship, work hard and then make a reasonable amount of money. That's not easy in your 20s unless you come from money.

exactly right. young people today are struggling to get out of debt, let alone thinking of having kids. i'm almost forty, and would have probably had a kid or two if i had taken certain relationships seriously when i was younger. but i was still trying to be a player, and the women left for more stable guys. it may just be me, but i still feel like i could be a father, even into my early forties. who knows.

I was technically 34 when my first son was born (my birthday is 4 days after). I was 37 when my second son was born. So definitely not young, but I don't think I'm that old. I think having kids in your 40s is old. I know a guy, I'm guesing in his high 40s/early 50s that just had a kid from a girl he got married to. He has 3 other kids from previous marriages. 2 are in high school and 1 is in college.

It appears that people seem to think that being in your 20's is way too young to be parent these days(god fuck knows why).

Is it normal for the current generation of people to think that having kids when you are 30+ is the norm?
Problem is just in the West or mostly america there are no parents who raise their children so they turn to be (any lbgt Kind)of people. Just ur nation trust me its different somewhere else

Well lets just say there's the proper regulated method within teh uk. But within Europe and the EU things are not so tight. I have read stories of men who have fathered hundreds of children just through craigslist, with no legalities in place whatsoever. So things get complicated!
Speaking of Craigslist lol.

There are sights you can go on where lesbian couples want a “natural” baby.

And pay you to come over and inseminate one of them.

Just for the heads up, i am 40, have 3 children, and the age range is 12-18.

I have a steady career, own my own home and my wife also has her own career.

My eldest is in University, and my others are doing superbly well in education, maybe there is some truth in the youth days just being adult aged children.

We also lost a baby before our first was born.

Grow up motherfuckers, old ass parents are not cool(which may explain why we always have a house full of children)

Oh and youngest just turned 5 I’m 43,
I’m starting to feel it when he’s ten it’s gonna be tough from there I’m sure.

Wow it's weird reading some of this posts. Maybe it's different in the US, but where I live I barely know people my own age (27) that are married, much less with kids.

Even within the US it's different. In the big city I lived in, almost none of my friends have kids (and only a couple are married), whereas in the south where I'm from, good luck finding anyone over 25 without them or married (most that aren't tend to not be because of not being able to more than a conscious choice).

I don't want kids ever. if I do have one it will not be on purpose.

Back