Are you prepared?

DWAYNEAMERICA

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
In light of the recent storms that have left millions without power, food, water, etc...what have you done to prepare for an emergency?

I live in an earthquake zone, so personally, I've felt the need to prepare ever since I had children. I have an abundance of purified water, dehydrated food and the ability to attain more food and water if necessary. Some of my friends, who know about my "preparedness" have made comments like "Oh boy, I know whose house I'm going to if shtf"...but I've prepared for that too.

How about you?

Let me guess, California? You guys are due for a major earthquake (8.0) within the next 20 years. A major one hits California every 150 years. With the recent one in Mexico, that could speed things up. I'm in Oklahoma, tornado country. My only preparation is knowing where my shelter is. In the basement of the house. That's if I'm at home. If I'm not at home I'll have to find another place for cover. Class 5 tornadoes, like the ones that are a mile wide, are a real problem.

In light of the recent storms that have left millions without power, food, water, etc...what have you done to prepare for an emergency?

I live in an earthquake zone, so personally, I've felt the need to prepare ever since I had children. I have an abundance of purified water, dehydrated food and the ability to attain more food and water if necessary. Some of my friends, who know about my "preparedness" have made comments like "Oh boy, I know whose house I'm going to if shtf"...but I've prepared for that too.

How about you?

I have prayed for death....so no way that is gonna happen. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Let me guess, California? You guys are due for a major earthquake (8.0) within the next 20 years. A major one hits California every 150 years. With the recent one in Mexico, that could speed things up. I'm in Oklahoma, tornado country. My only preparation is knowing where my shelter is. In the basement of the house. That's if I'm at home. If I'm not at home I'll have to find another place for cover. Class 5 tornadoes, like the ones that are a mile wide, are a real problem.

I keep forgetting you're an Okie. We had a pretty big one here in Tulsa last month. My dad was one of those blue collar Okie alcoholics who would get drink and stand outside looking for the tornado talking about Jesus or something.

Also I have zero preparations lol.

Yes, I prepare. Neccesseties are food, water, guns, medicine and bandages. A proper filter is better than just having some water imo.

You pray for death?

You should talk to someone :(

Not hiding in a bubble, driving as fast as possible, getting into fights over nothing, walking through hurricanes wearing full length jeans <--- that is how I pray for death, but ain't no bitch gonna kill me so that ain't happening

You want me to talk to someone about this???? I will send them a fucking love letter

We've got 6 months worth of food easily. I have a well, generator, etc.

The joke always goes - well, I have a gun so I will just take your stuff. My reply is, Motherfucker you don't have as many guns as me. You aren't as well trained. And I have no qualms about burying you out on my property someplace.

A good water filter and a few guns and ammo goes a long way.

The joke always goes - well, I have a gun so I will just take your stuff. My reply is, Motherfucker you don't have as many guns as me. You aren't as well trained. And I have no qualms about burying you out on my property someplace.

Why do you need so many guns? You can only use one or two at a time.

Are you imagining some huge set piece battle where you go from gun to gun and fight off an army of looters or something?

A gun isn't something you use to take things with (although that's an option), but you can easily trade protection for food and water--especially in an urban setting.

not worried at all

the only thing that happens here are earthquakes and i've been through enough earthquakes to not give a shit

Why do you need so many guns? You can only use one or two at a time.

Are you imagining some huge set piece battle where you go from gun to gun and fight off an army of looters or something?

Yes. That's it. Exactly.

Have fun starving to death.

Do you eat bullets too?

That's so weird.

I have at least 6 months food supply. Maybe more if we stretch.

You don't have anything prepared for disaster emergencies? That's so weird.

I have 5 years rations and and in house garden.
25,000 bullets of various variety a few ground to air rockets.

From my house I have access to miles of underground tunnels that only I know about. Spent three years connecting tunnels on my land to an old mine shaft. Borrowed digging equipment from a prepper friend that has his own construction business.

I can withhold a government 30 year standoff, and make an escape into the mountains where I have yet more rations saved in climate controlled caverns.

The government won't take my liberty.

Last edited:
I have at least 6 months food supply. Maybe more if we stretch.

You don't have anything prepared for disaster emergencies? That's so weird.

So the bullets are for after the about 6 months of food to eat?

I keep forgetting you're an Okie. We had a pretty big one here in Tulsa last month. My dad was one of those blue collar Okie alcoholics who would get drink and stand outside looking for the tornado talking about Jesus or something.

Yeah, I'm right outside of Tulsa. I drove by the area where the tornado hit on 41st between Sheridan and Yale. That was just an F-2, and the sirens did not even go off. Remember the F-5 mile wide tornado that hit South-East of Oklahoma City a few years back. That fucking thing was a monster. Yes, I read about your upbringing, sorry to hear about all the shit you had to go through my friend. Unfortunately we don't get to choose our parents.

I have 5 years rations.
25,000 bullets of various variety.
From my house I have access to miles of underground tunnels that only I know about. Spent three years connecting tunnels on my land to an old mine shaft. Borrowed digging equipment from a prepper friend that has his own construction business.

I can withhold a government siege for years, and make an escape into the mountains where I have yet more rations saved in climate controlled caverns.

The government won't take my liberty.

This is what the government thinks of your caves.

Back