Are You Tough Enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought I would say this, but after living in china for 8 years I think America could learn a few things from communism. For example the monitors here could do their jobs and prevent the hijacking of ever topic.

There you go again with this America talk!
Your getting abused from people all over the world Wizzy, try not to be so sheltered.

Hard to believe this is the same guy posting as wiz c. Most of the applied stuff is decent to good.

You guys serious??
The "inner reap to counter hip throw" is a legit technique in western wrestling, but he's teaching it badly. Rather than dropping down to his knee, hooking the leg and pushing the guy over, he should be tight to the other guys body, pushing the other guy back and reaping the leg before his knee touches the floor. You have to get the oppo's bodyweight over the foot your reaping or he'll just step back then sprawl on top of you.

Even I know this and my wrestling is terrible.

The Shuai Jiao seminar was not as bad as the ninja ones but it was still bad let's keep it real. By the time you get to the belt-snapping and disco-dancing warm up exercises you should realise what you have got yourself into.

I think the spelling and grammar issue has been neglected. On this forum there are a lot of people without much education or who speak English as a second language not super well but there doesn't seem to be anyone else who writes with such odd spelling and grammar errors, and WCC is American.

Maybe he has learning disabilities.

You guys serious??
The "inner reap to counter hip throw" is a legit technique in western wrestling, but he's teaching it badly. Rather than dropping down to his knee, hooking the leg and pushing the guy over, he should be tight to the other guys body, pushing the other guy back and reaping the leg before his knee touches the floor. You have to get the oppo's bodyweight over the foot your reaping or he'll just step back then sprawl on top of you.

I think the bar has just been set so low by Wiz videos it gets a D+ over all instead of a big fat F.

You know what, though, as ridiculous as it seems to some, Wiz Cool C is obviously living his dreams. This is EXACTLY how he wants to exist; no compromises.

You shine on, you crazy diamond!

I think the bar has just been set so low by Wiz videos it gets a D+ over all instead of a big fat F.

I give his good videos a C, where C is passable for a martial arts instructor.

In a world of unregulated martial arts, where the US government classifies serious self defense instruction as an activity for entertainment, where guys can teach systema to college students and get girls with no other martial arts background to turn from a knife when "it pushes them," and professional MMA fighters run gyms where they let people that need to lose 30 pounds and can only windmill take amateur fights and have their IQ's lowered, wiz is doing ok.

"Everyone" knows that the best way of learning martial arts is:

physical fitness and weight training -> learning correct modern striking stances modified to facilitate TD Defense -> striking technique that qualifies as correct for Muay Thai, Boxing or Kyokushin -> Shadow Boxing, Pads, Heavy Bag -> Partner Drilling Defense and Grappling (but remember that many grappling schools are behind the times) -> Light Sparring 80% and Hard Sparring 20%.

Give or take.

But almost no one does anything close to that, and never did. You are lucky to have that. Most people aren't even really capable of it. And it is hard.

And even in these good gyms, look at how much time fighters waste, burning off good muscle on useless circuit training right after lifting, giving one another brain damage, eating all protein and no carbs after working out, wearing sweat pants to cut weight 3 months out from a fight, permanently dehydrated, punch drunk, bro science preaching dildos that can neither teach a fat person to do a pushup or get a fit person to drill basics...

I don't like wiz's stuff, but it qualifies as at least average in the grand scheme of things I've seen.

I give his good videos a C, where C is passable for a martial arts instructor.

In a world of unregulated martial arts, where the US government classifies serious self defense instruction as an activity for entertainment, where guys can teach systema to college students and get girls with no other martial arts background to turn from a knife when "it pushes them," and professional MMA fighters run gyms where they let people that need to lose 30 pounds and can only windmill take amateur fights and have their IQ's lowered, wiz is doing ok.

"Everyone" knows that the best way of learning martial arts is:

physical fitness and weight training -> learning correct modern striking stances modified to facilitate TD Defense -> striking technique that qualifies as correct for Muay Thai, Boxing or Kyokushin -> Shadow Boxing, Pads, Heavy Bag -> Partner Drilling Defense and Grappling (but remember that many grappling schools are behind the times) -> Light Sparring 80% and Hard Sparring 20%.

Give or take.

But almost no one does anything close to that, and never did. You are lucky to have that. Most people aren't even really capable of it. And it is hard.

And even in these good gyms, look at how much time fighters waste, burning off good muscle on useless circuit training right after lifting, giving one another brain damage, eating all protein and no carbs after working out, wearing sweat pants to cut weight 3 months out from a fight, permanently dehydrated, punch drunk, bro science preaching dildos that can neither teach a fat person to do a pushup or get a fit person to drill basics...

I don't like wiz's stuff, but it qualifies as at least average in the grand scheme of things I've seen.

In my first version of the post, I gave him a C- but changed it to a D+ because I thought he went through practical application too fast for the students to comprehend and did the typical TMA instructor "you do this and this and bam they die" instead of slowly explaining each movement in intricate detail.

But maybe it's just the editing of the film. Surprisingly Wiz didn't actually make that vid himself and I think it was posted by the guy who ran the place he was at in it.

How come every topic on this message board start with a topic and before you know it there are corny one liners, insults ,people posting pictures of dancing monkey with your face on it ect. I never thought I would say this, but after living in china for 8 years I think America could learn a few things from communism. For example the monitors here could do their jobs and prevent the hijacking of ever topic.

This started out as a reasonable topic, are you taught enough to do these traditional exercise, I don

In my first version of the post, I gave him a C- but changed it to a D+ because I thought he went through practical application too fast for the students to comprehend and did the typical TMA instructor "you do this and this and bam they die" instead of slowly explaining each movement in intricate detail.

But maybe it's just the editing of the film. Surprisingly Wiz didn't actually make that vid himself and I think it was posted by the guy who ran the place he was at in it.

All good. Sometimes I post when I'm in a super shitty mood, and then delete it if no one replied yet.

You guys serious??

Considering it was at Sambosteve's place and steve is a pretty legit and he actually comments that this video was wiz C first time really teaching. There is also a difference between showing solid technique and being good at it. As you just pointed out the while not the best variant it is a legit technique he was teaching. Compare that video to the "iron fist" video that starts this thread, hard to see it as the same person.

EDIT:Sambosteve is in the grappling forum if you really want an opinion on wiz

Last edited:
Considering it was at Sambosteve's place and steve is a pretty legit and he actually comments that this video was wiz C first time really teaching. There is also a difference between showing solid technique and being good at it. As you just pointed out the while not the best variant it is a legit technique he was teaching. Compare that video to the "iron fist" video that starts this thread, hard to see it as the same person.

EDIT:Sambosteve is in the grappling forum if you really want an opinion on wiz

Can someone compare the teaching vid to the ninjitsu videos? I can't really prepare myself to watch such shits and compare them.

Although, i remember it being shitted on by the grappling forum, don't know why it have a slightly "warmer" reception

Is it me or his rapping sounded like he tried to pretend to be....black?
And also, his instrumental sounded like he just take instrumental from another song and rap over it. I know there's a lot of samples in hip hop/rap, but that's just dishonest.

And also, his instrumental sounded like he just take instrumental from another song and rap over it. I know there's a lot of samples in hip hop/rap, but that's just dishonest.

It is wack as f*ck.

people rap over other tracks from other rappers all the time (especially on mixtapes). nothing illegal or dishonest about it as long as you aren't making money off of it.

now if he's saying that his friend made that track but they really took it from somewhere else? yes, that's scummy but also legal as long as they aren't charging. maybe the maker of the track could get the video pulled from YouTube but I doubt it would go beyond that.

Unfortunately, as regards to the wrestling demo and then the ninja demo, lot's of guys start of at least semi-legit/competent, and then just get more and more bullshido. Sometimes it's a slow progression, sometimes it's noticeable very quickly.

Unfortunately, as regards to the wrestling demo and then the ninja demo, lot's of guys start of at least semi-legit/competent, and then just get more and more bullshido. Sometimes it's a slow progression, sometimes it's noticeable very quickly.

I'm comfortable rolling with BJJ blue belts now, but I know much more kali and silat than BJJ.

I could easily open a Kali studio, pretend that I don't know BJJ at all, and insist that my skills escaping holds and performing submissions are completely derived from drilling patterns :icon_twis

Seriously though, I think I just figured out how my original kali teacher seemed so good back in the day. :mad:

Can someone compare the teaching vid to the ninjitsu videos? I can't really prepare myself to watch such shits and compare them.

Although, i remember it being shitted on by the grappling forum, don't know why it have a slightly "warmer" reception

I will say teaching vid is way better than ninjitus vids. So could have been a fluke in quality.

Seriously though, I think I just figured out how my original kali teacher seemed so good back in the day. :mad:

Ha! You see a similar thing happen with instructors who have developed a "counter" move to some technique that they teach their students.

A common example is an instructor 'teaching' a move like, say, a wrestling style takedown, then having a student perform it on him (at 'teaching' speed and power) and then using his counter on it to show that the moves not effective/his art has a counter for another arts moves. In this way the, say, Ninjutsu master can prove to his students that they he can defeat wrestling.

The flaw, of course, is that at no point did they actually interact with any wrestlers. The student(s) only interacted with their teacher, who showed them a move from another art performed in such a way that it is designed to be defeated by what they really want to show. That's where you get those funny sequences where the instructor says 'now grab my sleeve, no like this, no, like this!' because his "counter" only works one way.

MMA guys have said (for decades now) that wouldn't work on an ACTUAL practitioner of the art doing the move (like in Wiz's threads, where people say 'that wouldn't work against anyone who actually grapples/wrestles, ect). The counter has been, and will forever be, one of two responses:

1 - "We train for the streets!" Which really doesn't make any sense unless all you plan on doing in the streets is fighting your fellow dojo buddies.

2 - "We aren't (say) wrestlers, so we do it our own way/don't have to follow your rules!" Which makes sense, except that the move they just showed is supposed to be a counter for a wrestling take-down.

Anyways, it's a tried and tested system, and you can find examples of it in EVERY Bullshido video. From Aikido guys showing how to counter boxers and having an Aikido student do "boxing" moves the way the Aikido instructor wants them to, to Chinese Ninja's showing how to counter double legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back