Ariel Helwani and Chael Sonnen debating Khabib VS Conor on ESPN.

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

ariel:
"these two are on the biggest collison course in the history of the sport. i believe this can sell over 2 mio ppv" "biggest fight in the sport if they promote it correctly" "this fight continues to get bigger and bigger it doesnt flat out (like jon jones vs rashad evans)"
ariel thinks this fight could happen in october 6 in las vegas. msg would be better but conor has the law issues in new york.
"conor gets invited by putin and this fight is getting political now" "this getting serious" "this feels like a real war"

chael doesnt agree on everything: "of course when conor comes back its going to be huge business" "this would be a top 3 fight" "clash of cultures" "putin makes a picture with conor but not with khabib" " i believe.. i have some sources.. but i believe they are going to fight at madison square garden in november" "of course we are going to see this fight"

agree that this fight is more than only a regular fight in the octagon between two accomplished athletes which are complementary to each other in fighting style. there are politics and social contructs involved as well and there is bad blood between khabib and conor while this conflict doesnt flat out.

Hmmm...that format seems familiar..

Screen-Shot-2017-05-24-at-12.50.48-PM-832x447.png

Helwani seems to know nothing about the actual sport of MMA.

Chael and Ariel have become ESPN drones and sound clueless like everyone else. They essentially talk about what we talk about on the forums.

"Of course McGregor and Khabib are going to fight. I could be wrong and can't confirm it though."
Why did I turn off Uncle Kracker - Smile for this shit??

Any way what makes this fight interesting is you have the most flamboyant fighter in the history of UFC with legitimate striking skills against an undefeated reserved Russian grappler. If Khabib ends up losing against a jobber like Dustin Diamond Poirier then FUCK ME!

Poorman's first take....MMA Edition.

The camera bothers me for some reason. It's a combination of its focus, lens, frames per second, general video quality and lighting in that room.
I preferred the setup they used in MMAfighting milion times more.
This just makes it look .. artificial, phony, fake and too TV'esque.

If you know what I mean.

Plus the background is just a complete mess and looks plain ugly.

Because he doesn't. He is the TMZ of journalism for MMA at best (and that is saying a lot). He knows nothing about the actual fighting aspect of the sport, just the drama that surrounds it

Love both guys from analysts POV. I can see the mermaid being a bit of a thorn though, after receiving his big ESPN break.Enjoy watching both though

BREAKING NEWS: Khabib vs. Conor would sell a lot of PPVs.

I don't know what we would do without this sort of expert analysis.

The only way i'd watch this show is if they fought at the end.

That's how much Helwani sucks. The only entertaining thing he could do is be murdered live on air.

ariel just talks a load of garbage all the time . ohh i luv conor this gona be a big fight blah blah blah it gonna be this big . the guy has been repeating the same thing for two years.

Could be huge... but so would Mcgregor just signing to fight.

ariel:
"these two are on the biggest collison course in the history of the sport. i believe this can sell over 2 mio ppv" "biggest fight in the sport if they promote it correctly" "this fight continues to get bigger and bigger it doesnt flat out (like jon jones vs rashad evans)"
ariel thinks this fight could happen in october 6 in las vegas. msg would be better but conor has the law issues in new york.
"conor gets invited by putin and this fight is getting political now" "this getting serious" "this feels like a real war"

chael doesnt agree on everything: "of course when conor comes back its going to be huge business" "this would be a top 3 fight" "clash of cultures" "putin makes a picture with conor but not with khabib" " i believe.. i have some sources.. but i believe they are going to fight at madison square garden in november" "of course we are going to see this fight"

agree that this fight is more than only a regular fight in the octagon between two accomplished athletes which are complementary to each other in fighting style. there are politics and social contructs involved as well and there is bad blood between khabib and conor while this conflict doesnt flat out.

Having these two clowns on ESPN makes me wonder how credible are those other 'experts' and 'commentator's in other sports on major tv outlets.

You're talking about the most devastating striker in the game facing the most devastating grappler. A guy who is undefeated , who arguably has never lost a single round in the octagon. Neither guys story is complete until they fight the other. Conor took the lineal belt in devastating fashion but without facing the elite of the division, and Khabib took the belt only after Mcgregor was stripped. Victory for either means validation as the best lw on the planet. (Tony is lurking in the shadows kicking metal pipes somewhere of course but that is a story for another day)

You just notice this now? I've been saying that for years. Dude is a gossip reporter, nothing more. Has zero knowledge about the sport itself

You're talking about the most devastating striker in the game facing the most devastating grappler. A guy who is undefeated , who arguably has never lost a single round in the octagon. Neither guys story is complete until they fight the other. Conor took the lineal belt in devastating fashion but without facing the elite of the division, and Khabib took the belt only after Mcgregor was stripped. Victory for either means validation as the best lw on the planet. (Tony is lurking in the shadows kicking metal pipes somewhere of course but that is a story for another day)

The el cucuy is waiting in the dark, he’s the dark horse in that trio.

Back