Ariel Helwani disappointed with McGregor for use of slur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well , It takes one to know one right?

Fuck Dana White!

what did mcgregor exactly say? was it just :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and he used the tony montana line?

they just released another article on this stupid story on mmafighting. I used to be a huge Ariel fan from the beginning but he has developed this attitude and arrogance in the last couple years which really has put me off of his coverage. Especially since his Dana feud; he is just almost becoming a troll now.

Ariel.gif

context should be emphasized when people are cursing......

calling someone a :eek::eek::eek: because youre angy at them or they piss you off is not the same as screaming 'go home, :eek::eek::eek:s!' to a group of homosexuals....

its only offensive to call someone a motherfucker if the person actually has intercourse with their mom.....

Kids.....adults curse sometimes.....its really not that big a tragedy or drama.....

can we all agree that this isnt thread worthy or aticle worthy and that Ariel is just stirring shit because mcgregor stories draw internet traffic?

Dana is right much more often than not.

He's mainly criticized here because:
- fans think they are owed the inner plans of a business,
or
- fans have no ability to grasp things change- not all statements are lies when the parts are moving.

You realize he didn't like reality TV and didn't want TUF. You know the show that put the UFC on the map???

He didn't want women's MMA. That was fostered and cultivated outside of the UFC. He claimed women would never fight in the UFC.

I actually like Dana, but he is given way more credit than he deserves for the explosion of MMA. The fighters brought up the sport with their blood, sweat, and tears.

He will not be punished because UFC is illegitimate, unlike the NFL, MLB, and other real sports

Meh.
I don't like AH.
But he does not attack Conor.
what he said was not wrong at all.

And again, I don't like him (check my posts about him). But in here people bashing him are obvious COnor fans that probably didn't even hear what he said...

Ariel is right.

How many fucking MMA fans gave Floyd shit for saying homophobic and racist shit.

But when Conor calls Nate a cholo(clearly because he is mexican), calling sivir a nazi, attacking RDA American/braxilian children, or conor says a homophobic word...Its
Ok....cuz fuck PC culture.

You people are so racist....the double standards is amazing on sherdog.

Attack Tyron and Floyd for whatever they say but defend conor because you hate PC culture.

This thread is White Privilege at it's best, ladies and gentlemen

Ariel is the Meg Griffin of MMA reporters.

Shut up Ariel.

OK, it kind of sounds like Conor called someone a f@ggot, is that correct? I don't think I say that word much, but not because I wouldn't, just because it's something you say in like high school and just sort of outgrew it.

I'll defend Donald Sterling too since we're on the subject. That guy didn't even tell his girlfriend to stop banging every black guy in town, he just asked her to stop making him look like a bloody cuck by fucking a bunch of black dudes then showing up with them in public and then posting pictures with them. The way that guy was treated was after a perfectly reasonable request was repulsive.

Hey let's see what's on Sherd...

...holy f**k you people are LCD.

Ariel is right.

How many fucking MMA fans gave Floyd shit for saying homophobic and racist shit.

But when Conor calls Nate a cholo(clearly because he is mexican), calling sivir a nazi, attacking RDA American/braxilian children, or conor says a homophobic word...Its
Ok....cuz fuck PC culture.

You people are so racist....the double standards is amazing on sherdog.

Attack Tyron and Floyd for whatever they say but defend conor because you hate PC culture.

This thread is White Privilege at it's best, ladies and gentlemen

I seem to remember people giving Conor a good deal of shit over the nazi comment (not to mention the backlash he got for his tweet about Ronda and Miesha). But there's a difference between publicly going on a tirade like that and saying the f word in what's supposed to be a private setting.

Besides, Conor's also been pretty vocal about supporting equality and gay rights in the past. I have more contempt for someone like Brock who flat out said in an interview that he doesn't like gays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back