Ariel Helwani's ESPN podcast is replacing Brett Okamoto's

No one listens to 5 rounds. Terrible product. Bad audio. Boring host.
I don't like the host Arda Ocal. He's overenthusiastic and isn't really an MMA fan.

Okamoto is one of the best media members. Who are you suggesting is better?

6qr2hrM.gif

Agree, I like Ariel and clearly so do a lot of people.

The girl in your AV. I've seen her films, but please remind me of her name.

<{cruzshake}>

Okamoto's podcast was called Five Rounds. Okamoto is far better at his job than Helwani is, so this is bad news.

Maybe there'll be a silver lining and Okamoto will leave ESPN, enabling him to join the MMA Beat panel with Luke Thomas, Chuck Mindenhall, and co.?

Never heard of 5 rounds podcast, so clearly he isn't far better than Helwani or people would know about it and watch it. There is a reason it's being replaced.

So now, with ariels move, we lose the monday morning analyst, promotional malpractice live chat, and five rounds...

<{cruzshake}>

No joke... im legitimately pissed about all this. I listen to these while i lift.... i had a show for every day of the week. Now they are gone.

Thanks motherfucker... Eat shit ariel

Never heard of 5 rounds podcast, so clearly he isn't far better than Helwani or people would know about it and watch it. There is a reason it's being replaced.
Sherdogger named "gimp0" hasn't heard of podcast = nobody has heard of podcast = Helwani is better than Okamoto. Dat logic

But no doubt, Helwani is more well known and more popular than Okamoto. The thing is, I'm not saying Okamoto is more well known or more popular; I'm saying he has a better mind and says better things regarding MMA.

Okamoto couldn't be an intern for Helwani. Yall are trippin. I hate Ariel as much as the next guy but fuck, his podcasts are great. ESPN hired him for a reason.

From that Twitter embed image, looks like bokamoto is folding and piggybacking off of Ariel's huge star power.

ESPN might look to cut Brett Okamoto in the future.

<{cruzshake}>

Okamoto's podcast was called Five Rounds. Okamoto is far better at his job than Helwani is, so this is bad news.

Maybe there'll be a silver lining and Okamoto will leave ESPN, enabling him to join the MMA Beat panel with Luke Thomas, Chuck Mindenhall, and co.?

Was Okamoto’s podcast through ESPN? If Ariel had a much more popular podcast with MMAfighting.com, then he is obviously a more popular personality and a better fit for ESPN, regardless of skill. Smart move by ESPN.

Ariel is goat I don't care what anyone has to say about it. Goat is Ariel.

Okamoto's claim to fame is being Dana's mouthpiece. He's able to get interviews with Dana when he's at a UFC event. Which would be fairly valuable for news except for the fact that Dana is a pathological liar.

The reason people listen to Ariel's podcast is not Ariel, it's his guests. He is literally able to get almost every fighter on his podcast. No other MMA journalist even comes close in that respect. For example, the majority of Luke Thomas' podcasts are just him by himself.

Sherdogger named "gimp0" hasn't heard of podcast = nobody has heard of podcast = Helwani is better than Okamoto. Dat logic

But no doubt, Helwani is more well known and more popular than Okamoto. The thing is, I'm not saying Okamoto is more well known or more popular; I'm saying he has a better mind and says better things regarding MMA.

Kim Kardashian is smarter than most scientists because she has more followers. <{luvbruh}>

Back