Ariel on ESPN gig: "I think we (Dana & I) have a pretty solid working relationship"

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pretty interesting article about ESPN/UFC/Helwani at http://awfulannouncing.com/orig/ariel-helwani-fox-espn-night-and-day.html

ESPN & Helwani say they see no issues with UFC (as far as Ariel) & Ariel said ...
“Even from the UFC, I heard from many people very high up in the company when this deal was announced saying how happy they were for me and how they were looking forward to working with me, even people I didn’t even talk to on a day-to-day basis. So it’s really all been incredibly positive.”

“As long as I can cover the sport, as long as I’m credentialed, as long as there’s no issues when I get to the arena and I have the same access as everyone else, that’s really all that I ask for. I am perfectly content. And as I’ve said before, I owe a lot to Dana White. You won’t hear me ever disparage his name or take any low blows or unnecessary shots towards him, because he’s done a lot for me, he gave me the time of day before a lot of other people gave me the time of day, and if I don’t ever speak to him again one-on-one, I’ll still have probably spoken to him more than anyone else, even if I continue covering this sport for 50 years. That’s how much time he gave me. So I’m content with where we’re at, we have a very good working relationship, I’m asking questions, he’s answering. As a journalist, that’s all you can really ask for.”

So they seem to be playing nice ... for now.

Lets see in 2019

maxresdefault.jpg

I like Ariel. I know he gets shit on but I like that guy a lot.

kiss-the-ring-o.gif
Thank you Baldfather, for making me what I am

I like Ariel. I know he gets shit on but I like that guy a lot.

my gut says we will get a similar Ariel that we did when he was with Fox.
He won't go as far with anti-UFC agenda as he did after he was fired & will be more in the middle (critique but not overboard)

my gut says we will get a similar ariel that we did when he was with Fox.
He won't go as far with anti-UFC agenda as he did after he was fired & will be more in the middle (critique but not overboard)

His passive aggressive weasel nature really came out when he got shit canned. I remember how bitter he was that nobody on the show called to express any sympathy for him being let go LOL. Pussy ass soy boy

His passive aggressive weasel nature really came out when he got shit canned. I remember how bitter he was that nobody on the show called to express any sympathy for him being let go LOL. Pussy ass soy boy

I am not in the camp that he shilled for UFC when he was with Fox.
He was too pro Bellator for that

but he certainly had an anti-UFC agenda once canned.

my gut says we will get a similar Ariel that we did when he was with Fox.
That's what I'm expecting. He was good when he was with FOX. I remember defending him when others would call him a "UFC shill" because he really wasnt, and then I spent the next few years attacking him for being anti-UFC, because he was pretty blatant about it.

That's what I'm expecting. He was good when he was with FOX. I remember defending him when others would call him a "UFC shill" because he really wasnt, and then I spent the next few years attacking him for being anti-UFC, because he was pretty blatant about it.

100% agree

Edit: I see you took up the "name change" offer ;)

Your new avatar confused me
I didn't even know it was you that posted

how is the gig going?

I sent out my licensure form on Monday. It will take about 4-5 weeks until I get my license number, unfortunately it's a waste of time to even apply to any hospitals until I get it, as they wont even look at resume and application without one.

I have some friends who will recommend me to the unit managers. I'm looking at ER, but will take whatever I can land.

Translation:
Our relationship has changed, I will be working Dana solidly now (wink wink)

100% agree

Edit: I see you took up the "name change" offer ;)

<Goldie11>
I didn't want to impose on a mod, but the second they allowed it, I made a choice and went with the Av, whose name is Harry Ellis.

Back