Crime Arizona Officer Shoots Unarmed Man: Acquitted

jk7707

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Here's a link to the story.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...ford-verdict-daniel-shaver-killing/927052001/

Here's one that shows the entire video. But be warned it's pretty disturbing.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/07/mesa-...m-philip-brailsford-not-guilty-daniel-shaver/

But basically these officers were responding to a report of someone "waving a gun out a window". This guy and his girlfriend walk out of their room in the same hotel and run into this officer who seems like he's fucking crazy. If you watch the video you can see the guy and the girl trying their best to follow his instructions as closely as possible.

In the end the guy is literally crying and begging not to be shot and ends up getting blasted at point blank range by the officer.

This is all on video.

And yet the jury chose not to convict the officer of either 2nd degree murder, or a lesser charge reckless manslaughter.

I can't for the life of me understand this verdict. This guy was literally in the wrong place at the wrong time. Scared out of his mind as someone with a rifle is screaming instructions at him. Tries to follow said instructions as best he can and is gunned down.

It's a trerrible shame, but the guy reached to his rear waistband, more than once. To the cop, who is an asshole btw, it looked like he was trying to get something back there. After being told not to do specifically that, he did it anyway.

Yes he was drunk, and was probably only trying to pull his pants up, and yes the cop should have cuffed him long before it got to that point, but at the moment that he reached back again, as the cop is tellling him not too, he looked very dangerous to the cop.

The cop should get punished IMO for not making the arrest before he played his little game of remote control with the guy. WTF was that about?

I watched the video. Holy fuck was that cop on a power trip. He was living out his greatest fantasy holding two people on the ground at gunpoint and giving them instructions and threatening their lives if they didn’t obey

But, at the moment of the shot, the guy was crawling hands and knees towards the cops and then suddenly for no fucking reason reaches behind his back.

The cops were on the scene with a report of someone waving a gun around. 45 seconds prior, the cop tells the man to put his hands in the air and he instead puts them behind his back. Cop gives him a big fucking warning that if he puts his hand in the small of his back again, he will be shot. I think the man was just confused and tried putting his hands back there like to be cuffed, but to a cop on scene for a potential gunman in a hotel, I can definitely see how that looked like he tried to draw and bailed that time or adjusted it behind his back to clear the weapon, and then at the end when he reaches behind his back rather suddenly it looks like going for said weapon

Not defending the cop, just making my own opinion of this that it isn’t the insane outrage of an execution to a pleading man on his knees the articles are saying. The cop has absolutely fucking zero busniness being a cop and based on the video it’d be 50/50 for the reckless homicide and I can see why the jury went the way they did.

That's fecked up. Glad I don't live somewhere that has normalised this sort of behaviour.

That cop sounded like he wanted to kill someone. He really wanted a reason.

Shame but don't reach when I cop as a gun pointed at you espicaly if he is answering a gun call.

The cop was acing a bit stupid but the shoot was justified. A shame and could habe been avoided but legally justified.

jesus fucking christ. how in the fuck is that a safe way to make an arrest?

It is murder. That cop is a coward. The jury are cowards. Hope he has a miserable rest of his life.

the EOF should've never gotten to that pt, but I also can't blame the jury too much

bootlicking or not, it's really NOT that hard to comply w/ simple orders

the EOF should've never gotten to that pt, but I also can't blame the jury too much

bootlicking or not, it's really NOT that hard to comply w/ simple orders
probably is when you'e just about living a normal life and then some paramilitary goons with AR's start screaming about killing you and issuing irrational commands.

probably is when you'e just about living a normal life and then some paramilitary goons with AR's start screaming about killing you and issuing irrational commands.
Whats irrational about "don't put ypur hands behind your back"?

sounds like every day of boot camp....

what none of us did do was actively do whatever the authority figure was telling us NOT to do

Well he got one.

Probably the first time in months he was able to get it up and fuck his wife later that day. I'll bet he hears the kid crying every time he gets off.

Cop took ages to advance and make the arrest and the kid was nervous as fuck. Was the jury mostly cops?

Whats irrational about "don't put ypur hands behind your back"?
that is not an irrational command. What is irrational is having a suspect face down, legs crossed, fingers interlaced and not cuffing/searching them at that point but instead making go through a whole rigamarole including "crawling" toward the officers while still being issued a command not to drop your hands.

what none of us did do was actively do whatever the authority figure was telling us NOT to do

Shit man, what kind of boot camp were you in? We fucked up simple orders non stop. So many god damn burpees....

oh really never? Do you honestly think that if the penalty for doing one pushup instead of a burpee was instant death that everyone would have made it out alive?

that is not an irrational command. What is irrational is having a suspect face down, legs crossed, fingers interlaced and not cuffing/searching them at that point but instead making go through a whole rigamarole including "crawling" toward the officers while still being issued a command not to drop your hands.

Kid had a better chance of hitting on a soft 16 in vegas than making it out of that hallway alive.

Crawl...but keep my hands up.

The woman is in cuffs. Two officers. Suspect face down crossed up. And he needs to crawl towards you both???

Who the fuck wrote this SOP? John Wayne Gacey ?

Back