Crime Arizona Officer Shoots Unarmed Man: Acquitted

The thing is you can’t actually hold police to the same exact standards as the public. Why? Because your average citizen is never going to have to make arrests, actually fight with someone to put them in cuffs, or have an adversarial role against criminals. Cops are put in so many circumstances where they have to put their hands on people, or are faced with potentially armed subjects. It is our duty to do so, we signed up for it, but with that responsibility comes a little leeway.

The problem usually comes when the "brotherhood" protects their own. With holding information and not being transparent. Police departments have shown across the nation that they will cover for their own time and time again. If good cops look the other way when another cop Steps out of line they aren't helping anyone.

Says the guy living in the country with the most prison inmates per capita in the world....

Freedom?

We've got it covered.

freedom-gif.gif
That’s because we have the shittiest population as well. Country was founded by pieces of shit and not much has improved since.

What kind of entry requirements are there to be a cop in America? Is there a maximum IQ or something because holy shit a lot of them seem to be paranoid, power tripping or outright retarded.

The problem usually comes when the "brotherhood" protects their own. With holding information and not being transparent. Police departments have shown across the nation that they will cover for their own time and time again. If good cops look the other way when another cop Steps out of line they aren't helping anyone.

there are no good cops

What kind of entry requirements are there to be a cop in America? Is there a maximum IQ or something because holy shit a lot of them seem to be paranoid, power tripping or outright retarded.

I have not been reading about this case. I only caught a glimpse of the story on the news.

When watching the video, the police looked like soldiers.

What I want to know is:

1. What are the % of police have a military background?
2. Do those with a military background get hiring preference over those that do not?
3. Since the role of the military and police are quite different, how does the police academy prepare for the shift?

"Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training."

This sentence irks me. I have been in hiring team interviews where someone within the committee literally states the above.

My pushback is that it isn't the hiring committee's responsibility to decide if someone will get bored or not. It is solely the responsibility of the applicants to decide if the job will be rewarding.

Sure, the applicant may be immensely overqualified for the job. However, they applied for the job because they knew that they wouldn't have to work on weekends. They really wanted to have weekends off because they enjoy camping each weekend with their neighbors. Their current job has them work every-other weekend.

OR

The office is closed at 3:30 in the afternoon. Therefore, they can make it home before 4:00 and spend time with their kids. Their current job has them coming home at 6:30.

Thanks for the unsolicited life advice city of New London.

every " good" cop looks the other way and covers up when police murder people.

You know you can't make a blanket statement like that. Police do have a long history of covering for there own as a whole, but to say they all do is no where near the truth.

Youre making me defend police in a thread where I'm against the actions of police. For real I'm totally for the accountability of police and feel they all to often abuse their power. This country uses the badge to protect those who are committing criminal acts against their fellow citizens. However to make the statement that there are not good police officers is completely crap.

You know you can't make a blanket statement like that. Police do have a long history of covering for there own as a whole, but to say they all do is no where near the truth.

Your making me defend police in a thread where I'm against the actions of police. For real I'm totally for the accountability of police and feel they all to often abuse their power. This country uses the badge to protect those who are committing criminal acts against their fellow citizens. However to make the statement that there are not good police officers is completely crap.

ok, i will say it is possible that there are some non scum police. Given how every single scandal goes with every officer involved in a cover up and none ever involved in justice, gonna say it is an incredible minority.

ok, i will say it is possible that there are some non scum police. Given how every single scandal goes with every officer involved in a cover up and none ever involved in justice, gonna say it is an incredible minority.

There are a lot of stories where officers try to report fellow cops but then face repercussions from higher up for doing so. Other times the reports are made and ignored.
Reforms are needed police shouldn't be in charge of policing them selves. Body cam footage should all be made public so we can put pressure on those in charge to out the bad officers. All police should have to wear body cams. It's the whole system that is corrupt not really the individual officers. When you know you can get away with doing things you wouldn't normally do, it takes a strong person not to take advantage of that.

Officer: "Stop"

Guy: Stopped

Officer: "Get on the ground"

Guy: Got on the ground.

Officer: "Lay down on the ground."

Both: Laid on the ground.

Officer: "Apparently, we have a failure to comprehend simple instructions."

Viewer: ???????????

Officer: "If you make a mistake....another mistake, there is a possibility you will be shot."

Viewer: Well That Escalated Quickly (insert Will Ferrell gif)

Officer: "Did I tell you to move, young man?"

Viewer: Well, in fact you did. You told them to get on the ground AND lay on the ground.

Officer: "Young man, you are not to move. You will look at the ground and keep your finger interlaced above your head. You will keep your feet crossed. If you move, WE will consider that a threat and we will deal with it and you may not survive."

Viewer: That is the second time he gave the guy a heads up that he will probably be killed in that hallway.

Officer: "......get you hands int he air.....do not put your hands down for any reason......crawl towards me....."

Viewer: How can one crawl towards the police if their hands cannot come down for any reason?

Last edited:
One thing that isn't being talked about, the officer giving the instructions, Chris Langley I believe his name is, was retired shortly after this and is now in the Philippines, probably fucking 13 year old girls. The trigger happy asshole Phillip Brailsford was fired by Mesa PD three months after the incident, for having 'you're fucked' inscribed on his rifle, something that he'd had for quite some time but which only became a problem to his sergeant after he'd murdered a civilian.

Anyone defending these ass clowns should take this into account. Mesa PD knew this shit stunk to high hell and got rid of these guys as damage control. They knew what happened was fucked but like the corrupt shitbags they are they still backed this murdering asshole in court.

Until cops start showing some kind of ability to deal with the lunatics in their ranks in an open and honest manner, they should be considered nothing more than a legitimised gang whose job it is to terrorise the population.

One thing that isn't being talked about, the officer giving the instructions, Chris Langley I believe his name is, was retired shortly after this and is now in the Philippines, probably fucking 13 year old girls. The trigger happy asshole Phillip Brailsford was fired by Mesa PD three months after the incident, for having 'you're fucked' inscribed on his rifle, something that he'd had for quite some time but which only became a problem to his sergeant after he'd murdered a civilian.

That actually does give me a different perspective of the incident. I blame the shooter a lot less now, as buddy who was shouting instructions almost made it impossible not to shoot the guy. The shooter might've been just as confused as the victim. Given the instructions, I'm amazed the shooter had the restraint he did, and waited for a threatening gesture before firing.

That actually does give me a different perspective of the incident. I blame the shooter a lot less now, as buddy who was shouting instructions almost made it impossible not to shoot the guy. The shooter might've been just as confused as the victim. Given the instructions, I'm amazed the shooter had the restraint he did, and waited for a threatening gesture before firing.

It's nice that you can be so flippant about an innocent man being murdered by the police, you sound like a good dude. I'm sure if it was you or one of your own being gunned down for a nothing reason you'd be ok with that right? As long as the officer felt threatened, he'll kill anyone they please!

Boot lickers like you are essentially giving a pass to every lunatic with a badge to do as they please. As long as these jumpy, badly trained, hyped up meatheads think they have carte blanche to shoot anyone any time they're feeling a little scared, they will continue to do it. Sickens me people are so dumb and selfish they can't see this is a problem that could affect anyone.

It's nice that you can be so flippant about an innocent man being murdered by the police, you sound like a good dude. I'm sure if it was you or one of your own being gunned down for a nothing reason you'd be ok with that right? As long as the officer felt threatened, he'll kill anyone they please!

Boot lickers like you are essentially giving a pass to every lunatic with a badge to do as they please. As long as these jumpy, badly trained, hyped up meatheads think they have carte blanche to shoot anyone any time they're feeling a little scared, they will continue to do it. Sickens me people are so dumb and selfish they can't see this is a problem that could affect anyone.

LOL.

You clearly are unable to look at the situation with any sort of objectivity. I've already stated that the incident was bad, and the instructions the cop was giving were terrible, and elevated the situation to an unnecessary level of danger and confusion.

Now knowing that it wasn't the shooter giving the instructions, I find his responsibility less offensive, because he actually had restraint, while the other moron was telling the victim to do everything but jumping jacks, and waited for the suspect to make a move that could be deemed threatening, rather than the many times the victim couldn't help but not follow instructions. The shooter wasn't in control of the situation. All he could do was survey the suspect's movements. Movements which were being dictated by his moronic partner. Judging this situation in an objective way, and assessing blame appropriately, apparently makes me a "boot licker".

Then again, I'm pretty sure anything shy of celebrating when a cop gets killed, makes anyone a "boot licker" to you.

stories like this are why i dont give a shit when some cop gets hosed on the street. It aint fair but you hear way too much about Jonny badasses like this guy being allowed to skate and it jades you to the whole profession.

That's pretty bigoted, isn't it? Do you feel the same way about black people after watching a black guy commit a crime?

Back