Arm punches

bumping this thread to say I'm now a believer in arm punching.

I thought they were bad. Usually beginners who don't punch properly and don't use torque/hips/legs/turn into punches.

Thought it only worked if you're a freak like Foreman.

But now there's too many examples of why it's good and it works.

Lomachenko, Beterbiev, Matias, Bivol, Usyk. They use arm punches. Not only arm punches of course. But arm punches are so much faster. You don't telegraph. You're so much more accurate. You don't get as tired throwing them.

Used to only think a good jab was strong/fast/solid/clean.

Now I see the value in pawing/probing/flicking/stiff arming/measuring/weird angle jabs.

Short arm hooks no torque, land them clean they'll still hurt.

bumping this thread to say I'm now a believer in arm punching.

I thought they were bad. Usually beginners who don't punch properly and don't use torque/hips/legs/turn into punches.

Thought it only worked if you're a freak like Foreman.

But now there's too many examples of why it's good and it works.

Lomachenko, Beterbiev, Matias, Bivol, Usyk. They use arm punches. Not only arm punches of course. But arm punches are so much faster. You don't telegraph. You're so much more accurate. You don't get as tired throwing them.

Used to only think a good jab was strong/fast/solid/clean.

Now I see the value in pawing/probing/flicking/stiff arming/measuring/weird angle jabs.

Short arm hooks no torque, land them clean they'll still hurt.
I think it s misconception that Biev uses arm punches. He transfers body weight in every punch, even if very compact movement.

It's quicker. Jabs are mostly arm punches

Guy said it on first page -a hits a hit. My old coach used to say -it aint a wrong punch if it worked. I think the longer you train proper, the more even your arm punches will still contain an element of body torque or if your heavy boned like an Artur -they'll just hurt regardless. I was sparring a total beginner -muscley Joe rogan looking dude the other day and his punches (all arm and stiff) just didnt hurt in the slightest bit -thats the kinda guy thats gotta learn mechanics

I say arm punches work in amateur boxing where a tap on the head equals a hard right hand and can earn you a decision even though you got the hell beat out of you. My losing experience from a prior amateur fight.

If you want to just pepper a guy, stick him, or disrupt his rhythm, it's not so bad.

If you want to KO him dead, you're going to have to incorporate more of your body into the punch.

Back