Armed Man Shot by Chicago PD, Protests Erupt Anyway

Honestly people have to carry in these hoods for self defense. CC is illegal in Chicago. Cops stop people randomly all the time looking for drugs or weapons like this. Then it's off to prison. I think the shooting is justified by the book but this country is out of control trying to profit off of sending people to prison for contraband.

Good point , and one could deduce that ironically legal concealed carry in Chicago may have saved this dudes life.

Instead of panicking because he knew was about to become a felon, he probably could have shown his ccp and been on his way.

As a CPD Officer the amount of garbage spewed on both sides over this, and other related topics is embarrassing. Chicago is not the “war zone” most outsiders think it is but that is a hell of a lot more catchy than calling it what it really is. I’ve spent extensive time in both the 009th (worse south side district than the 003rd) and the 011th district which is on the west side and is considered one of the most dangerous districts in the country. I worked 3rd watch in 011 which had me beginning my shift at 0330 and ending some time around 1230 on nights we didn’t have a late arrest. I’ve seen a lot of shooting victims, I’ve arrested a lot of men for armed vehicular hikackings, aggravated battery with a handgun, and even people for murder. There are a lot of good people who are trapped in these neighborhoods who are continually victimized one way or another but it is not from CPD members. I usually just lurk on here, been that way for a good 5-6 years now but some of these threads lately have been so awful I created my own account so congrats. This isn’t one of those threads so not shitting on you OP. If you guys have reasonable questions, I’ll answer them to the fullest of my knowledge or ask someone at work with more time than me.

As a CPD Officer the amount of garbage spewed on both sides over this, and other related topics is embarrassing. Chicago is not the “war zone” most outsiders think it is but that is a hell of a lot more catchy than calling it what it really is. I’ve spent extensive time in both the 009th (worse south side district than the 003rd) and the 011th district which is on the west side and is considered one of the most dangerous districts in the country. I worked 3rd watch in 011 which had me beginning my shift at 0330 and ending some time around 1230 on nights we didn’t have a late arrest. I’ve seen a lot of shooting victims, I’ve arrested a lot of men for armed vehicular hikackings, aggravated battery with a handgun, and even people for murder. There are a lot of good people who are trapped in these neighborhoods who are continually victimized one way or another but it is not from CPD members. I usually just lurk on here, been that way for a good 5-6 years now but some of these threads lately have been so awful I created my own account so congrats. This isn’t one of those threads so not shitting on you OP. If you guys have reasonable questions, I’ll answer them to the fullest of my knowledge or ask someone at work with more time than me.

Welcome to sherdog, where you can give your shitty worthless opinion, like the rest of us mma fans.

Welcome to sherdog, where you can give your shitty worthless opinion, like the rest of us mma fans.
Thank you. To be honest, I’m kind of interested how many times I can get called a liberal SJW cuck and then a few pages later get referred to as a nazi. Where else can you go for that kind of treatment and get your MMA news?

Another innocent life lost I'm sure.
<LikeReally5>

Thanks for doing what you do. That has to be a crazy job at times. Is there any sense of trust between the civilians in the bad areas and the police, or does it vary person to person? The narrative seems to be that nobody in these areas wants to cooperate with police, but that seems like a gross generalization.

Thanks for doing what you do. That has to be a crazy job at times. Is there any sense of trust between the civilians in the bad areas and the police, or does it vary person to person? The narrative seems to be that nobody in these areas wants to cooperate with police, but that seems like a gross generalization.
Yea, it can be crazy. You have to constantly gather the facts while dealing with your own emotions, adrenaline, and control a scene which can be a real challenge at times. There is absolutely a sense of trust between the civilians in high gang/violence/drug areas and CPD. Every police officer in this city lives in the city and we’re involved with a lot communities especially if it’s our own neighborhoods. When you work in them you get to know the people and trust me the media is not portraying an accurate portrait at all. Most are good people who work, go to church, and just want to be with family. A lot of people give us information, and we either make arrests based off of it or pass the information on to a tactical team or the dicks (detectives). It obviously varies and yes families with known gang affiliations do not like us and will not speak to us unless they are getting their asses beat by the same “family” they’re trying to protect. I’ve shown up to quite a few calls and had the caller tell me they hate the police but can’t take the offenders shit anymore and all we do is ask where are they, and do they have access to any weapons? You have to put this bullshit out of your mind or you’ll make a bad decision and it will be caught on someone’s camera. However, there are some neighborhoods where an entire block or two are controlled by a gang. In the 009th District there is an area we refer to as “Back of the Yards” and it is currently a high violence area in which 3 Hispanic gangs are killing each other over drugs and social media feuds. Lol yes you read that last part correctly.

Back