Armys Next Generation Combat Vehicle

GhostZ06

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

here are the 3 contenders......

AUSA: In a promising sign for the US Army’s Big Six modernization plan, not one but three different companies have invested their own money in full-up working vehicles for the Army’s Next Generation Combat Vehicle (NGCV) project:

BAE Systems, which makes the current M2 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle, a heavily armed and armored troop carrier that NGCV aims to replace. BAE is offering the latest version of their CV90 infantry fighting vehicle, the Mark IV, which features in the video above & is detailed below.
General Dynamics, which makes both the massive M1 Abrams main battle tank and the (relatively) lightweight eight-wheel drive Stryker (click here for our video tour of GD’s NGCV offering); and
an upstart team of Raytheon, best known for electronics, and Germany’s Rheinmetall, offering what they’re calling the Lynx (click here for that video).

Now, these aren’t prototypes, but the military equivalent of concept cars, designed to show off their manufacturers’ technology and get discussion going on what the final mass-produced product should like like. But there’s one big difference.
https://breakingdefense.com/2018/10/can-baes-cv90-roll-from-european-success-to-us-army-ngcv/

id probably Take the CV90 since its combat proven, heavily modeler and already in production an carries 8 troops. The griffen looks like a god damn Stackable toy....why would you want something that god damn big...and it only carries 6 troops.

Griffin is simply too big I reckon, that 50mm though mmmmm.

CV90 is nice, reasonably comfy ride in the troop compartment. Getting a bit heavy with increased protection requirements.

I just saw a blurb saying Musk wants a real life mecha/mobile suit.

Mech or gtfo.

The Russians have one. https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a22802198/russia-unveils-giant-combat-walker/

_103139258_igorek2.jpg

Griffin is simply too big I reckon, that 50mm though mmmmm.

CV90 is nice, reasonably comfy ride in the troop compartment. Getting a bit heavy with increased protection requirements.

Griffon is pretty terrible. the troop space is poor, the height is retarded, and its gun is good, but jesus...

BAE_Systems_CV90_MkIV_new_evolution_of_IFV_Infantry_Fighting_Vehicle_tracked_armoured_for_modern_battlefield_925_002.jpg

DfHBOF0W0AA6VYt.jpg

this is a great design

We had 'balls' back in the day. Our lovely M113 and .50 caliber gun. We brought the fear of God to the enemy. :eek:

All they gotta go is make ONE Metal Gear Rex, and that's all the weapons development they'd ever need.

8813e09fa920b6facb3265b95d6b783f.gif

Don't know exactly what mark CV90 it was, but my experience with it was utter shit.
they would be broken some 70% of the time and require a shit amount of maintenance to keep them somewhat functioning.
*Rumor did have it that at the time my country kinda cheaped out on it, so that might explain alot of the problems it had

We had 'balls' back in the day. Our lovely M113 and .50 caliber gun. We brought the fear of God to the enemy. :eek:

Is that considered an APC or and IFV? How many people can it hold, and is it comfortable to sit in?

Don't know exactly what mark CV90 it was, but my experience with it was utter shit.
they would be broken some 70% of the time and require a shit amount of maintenance to keep them somewhat functioning.
*Rumor did have it that at the time my country kinda cheaped out on it, so that might explain alot of the problems it had

between the other 2 its got a good profile and great firepower, also is the only one combat proven.

Is that considered an APC or and IFV? How many people can it hold, and is it comfortable to sit in?
It's been a while since I've been in one, but it can hold 8-10. The only military vehicle I can easily say is comfortable are the MRAP's.

It is an APC. Crew of 2 (driver and gunner) + 11 passengers. Yeah, it is a tight fit. The M113 is old, dating back to the 1960s. I was actually made to get a license for it when I went through IOBC at Ft. Benning. They are fun to drive in the mud. The Bradley (BFV) was a much better option.

Inside the M113:
592px-M113_Interior.jpg

Back