Article NHL players vs UFC superfights? If CM Punk can do it than anyone can

Are hockey players considered a level athletes? If so 6 months then the belt.

I agree that anyone could get immediately taken down and submitted, NHL players included.

I’m sure they’d do better than Punk. Not much better, but better

a lot of NHL players cross-train. i used to train at the gym where gsp's current (and bisping's former, he also trained rashad for a period) striking coach trains his clients. i've seen a lot of NHLers (both top line players and enforcers) come in during the off-season and they work on striking and use the striking-based conditioning.

Where is the fight occurring?

If its in the cage it'd be easy win for UFC fighter. If is on the ice it'd be an easy win for the NHL player. There may be a few exceptions - GSP played hockey til he was 14 or so, so he can skate a bit, tho' not at NHL level, and some NHL players train MMA so they'd have a chance against smaller UFC fighters, but in general it'd depend on location of the fight.

I can see why they would think that...

Don-Frye-Vs.-Yoshihiro-Takayama.gif

ItUMlpi.gif

I'm kind of surprised that Anaheim continues to dress Bieksa. That team has a lot of capable defencemen in their system, and Bieksa hasn't been good for almost half a decade.

I'm kind of surprised that Anaheim continues to dress Bieksa. That team has a lot of capable defencemen in their system, and Bieksa hasn't been good for almost half a decade.

I think he’s getting scratched (healthy scratch) a lot this year. Pretty sure I heard that on the Jets broadcast yesterday...cuz otherwise I don’t follow the Ducks.

EDIT: oh and we should type it like Cherry says it “Bee-es-ka” haha

Are hockey players considered a level athletes? If so 6 months then the belt.

The most well conditioned athletes in pro sports actually.

The fastest paced sport.

Arguably the 2nd most physical ( Rugby would be 1st and football 3rd ). The reason its more physical than football is simply because play doesn't stop after 1 hit/tackle which increases game speed. Not to mention ppl skate faster than they run and you got to do all this while managing to maintain balance on 1/4 inch skates and you cant run out of bounds to avoid a hit when entering offensive zone like you do the end zone. You dump the puck in and take the hit in exchange which often times are the biggest hits ( think Scott Stevens ).

Back