article: Oscar De La Hoya "secretly" training to fight Conor McGregor

209 Life

FACE THE PAIN!!!
Banned
Reaction score
LOL come to the octagon and get choked out old man

Just when you thought there was no one left to call out Conor McGregor, another famous name has thrown their hat in the proverbial ring.

Speaking on DashRadio, former boxing champion-turned-promoter Oscar De La Hoya revealed that not only has he been getting back into fighting shape, he’s doing so with the idea that even at the age of 44 he can still take out “The Notorious”.

“You know I’m competitive,” De La Hoya said, according to The Mac Life . “You know I still have it in me. I’ve been secretly training. Secretly training. I’m faster than ever, and stronger than ever. I know I could take out Conor McGregor in two rounds. I’ll come back for that fight. Two rounds.

“Just one more. I’m calling him out. Two rounds. That’s all I need. That’s all I’m going to say.”

De La Hoya’s words come three months after McGregor made his professional boxing debut against Floyd Mayweather The UFC lightweight champion went ten rounds with the undefeated Mayweather before losing by TKO. McGregor has not made it clear whether he intends to book his next fight in the boxing ring or return to the Octagon, but De La Hoya is apparently interested in being McGregor’s next opponent should he continue in the sweet science.

Though the Golden Boy Promotions owner was highly critical of the blockbuster event between McGregor and Mayweather, he’s remained respectful of McGregor particularly when it comes to his MMA expertise and appears to have no issue with booking a crossover bout for himself.

“He’s a big Irishman,” De La Hoya said. “He’s the king. He’s the king. Hey, let’s get it straight: in the cage, he would freakin’ destroy me.

“No, (we have to fight) in the ring.”

Oscar should stick to wearing dresses and playing with his Barbie.

Of all the fights not happening, this is not happening the most.

He'd whoop Conor imo

I honestly would take 61 year old, Sugar Ray Leonard against Conor

Oscar just wants an excuse for red panty night

De La Hoya is truly a promoter these days. First he suggests Conor fight Canelo. Then when he signs to fight Floyd, he calls it a mockery of everything we hold sacred. Now he wants to fight him. Lol. Dana level consistency. Well done, Oscar.

what the fuck is up with these pussy ass boxers challenging him to a pillow fight vs a real fight? boxing is dead

That's sad, even sadder than me trying to be funny on Sherdog

Still amazes me how Oscar throws same punch combos.... Don't believe me..watch highlights. Left hook, left hook, left hook

I don't see how Conor has an answer for Oscar's left hook

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, No Thanks

sleeping_cat_by_ivince.jpg

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Makes sense if ODH just wants an easy warm up. Conor would be much less dangerous than any other boxer and yes even an old ODH in attack mode kills Conor inside two rounds.

But the marketing would be equal as pathetic and a circus as against Mayweather.

Aside from the fishnet stockings incident and the various trips in and out of rehab. In his heyday the man could bang. Most goobers here have never seen him fight. He would smoke the coke boy even now

I wish he would have kept it a secret.

Back