Artur Beterbiev vs. Joe Smith Jr. on December 15 or 22 DAZN

Should be a fire fight. Beterbiev should get the win, but his lack of defense as of late could put him at risk against a puncher like Smith Jr.

Will this be on the undercard of the Canelo fight?

I'll take Beterbiev to just be too big and too strong. Not that Johnson was some worldbeater, but that was a big strong dude throwing with bad intentions, and when he got the KD on Beterbiev, I'm not sure he really did all that much wrong. Beterbiev switched to more movement and stopped walking Johnson down, and he was still was roughing Johnson up and his power you could see jolting through Callum until finally something fight ending landed and that was still relatively early in the fight. Can't imagine Joe Smith Jr is gonna provide the fireworks to slow Beterbiev down.

I'm glad Beterbiev is finally having a quick turnaround. I'd love to see some unification fights after this though. Beterbiev vs Bivol would be one of the most exciting announcements for me.

Have to see how Joe takes a shot, but if he’s as durable as he was prior to having his jaw smashed, this will be a great fight.

Don't blink. Should be fun as hell. Boxingwise, don't try this at home.

Was going to whine but I'm not fooling anybody, least of all myself. Here's hoping Smith connects with a big right straight away, making it interesting for the 3-4 rounds this should last. Sort of a guilty pleasure fight. We all need those once in a while.

first of all,

I hope this is on December 15th, as I'll be holidaying in NY. However, this happens to be the same day as Canelo v Fielding which is also in NY. Could it be that this fight will serve as the support to the main fight?

Who ever land the clean combo first, wins

first of all,

I hope this is on December 15th, as I'll be holidaying in NY. However, this happens to be the same day as Canelo v Fielding which is also in NY. Could it be that this fight will serve as the support to the main fight?

Who ever land the clean combo first, wins
That’s what I was thinking. Does this mean Canelo will be appearing on DAZN next?

thought beterbiev was like 16-0. damn hes had fewer bouts than i thought

ill take him by KO under 6

Glad he's having a second fight this year. I was worried he was ending the year with just one like last year. The promotional problems had been screwing him pretty bad.

Back