As a martial artist myself I feel like the UFC/WME-IMG has tarnished our image as martial artists

PrideJitZoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With all this “WWE-esque” stuff UFC is pulling lately I feel like they are giving us martial artists a bad wrap among general public.

For example, I went on a date this past Friday and she asked me what I liked to do as a hobby. When I told her I practiced martial arts she was disgusted and associated it with all the negative aspects of UFC and the fighters (the shit talking, violence outside the Octagon, lack of sportmanship etc.). My date pretty much went downhill after that and now she won’t even respond to my texts. No joke.

Is it just me? Any martial artists on Sherdog feel the same?

Your game is weak

Are you the guy who got tapped out by a 115 lbs chick? Because I really kind of doubt it was MA that turned her off.

With all this “WWE-esque” stuff UFC is pulling lately I feel like they are giving us martial artists a bad wrap among general public.

For example, I went on a date this past Friday and she asked me what I liked to do as a hobby. When I told her I practiced martial arts she was disgusted and associated it with all the negative aspects of UFC and the fighters (the shit talking, violence outside the Octagon, lack of sportmanship etc.). My date pretty much went downhill after that and now she won’t even respond to my texts. No joke.

Dating a cage fighter isn't for all girls.

That being said to people that don't follow the sport it has nothing to do with the current events and he way fighters act hey just don't like cage fighters

200.webp

As a martial artist myself I see only one thing: just how much Lorenzo’s leadership is missed.

You don’t think it had anything to do with the gi you were wearing?

When she felt you up and found you had a small wee wee......game over.........

I agree with you. I have practiced boxing/kickboxing pre-tuf/mid-2000 MMA explosion and now if I mention it, I hear shit like " Oh like UFC?"

Fucking embarrassing and cringeworthy when I hear UFC/MMA now a days.

You probably don't come off as tough or imposing. If all you have going for you is that you like martial arts but she believes any random guy at the bar can toss you, then she's going to think you're a loser. Be honest, do you think it's possible she just thought you were a loser more than she hated martial arts? I'd put my money on loser.

People have different views Some people think its human cock fighting and wont be persuaded otherwise. I would imagine u are a thug in her perception. I have never had any females act that way, but even now my wife doesnt watch it.

<mma3>

Are you the guy who got tapped out by a 115 lbs chick? Because I really kind of doubt it was MA that turned her off.
dude, that girl was strong and had good technique ok? - sarcasm

Back