As a martial artist myself I feel like the UFC/WME-IMG has tarnished our image as martial artists

With all this “WWE-esque” stuff UFC is pulling lately I feel like they are giving us martial artists a bad wrap among general public.

For example, I went on a date this past Friday and she asked me what I liked to do as a hobby. When I told her I practiced martial arts she was disgusted and associated it with all the negative aspects of UFC and the fighters (the shit talking, violence outside the Octagon, lack of sportmanship etc.). My date pretty much went downhill after that and now she won’t even respond to my texts. No joke.

Is it just me? Any martial artists on Sherdog feel the same?

You shoulda told her you had a blue belt on Sherdog.

Guaranteed blowjob.

You just have no game. Women can get behind a little ass kicking. I've literally had girls ask if they could just watch me train. Those are the ones that didn't want to try a class themselves.

Also, what other people think shouldn't dictate how fulfilling you find your practice.

the difference between a professional fighter and a martial artist is:
cm punk

TS has a strange troll style. He makes threads that are guaranteed to get him bashed.

I expect that's why you chose the username "bad seed" rather than something aligned with the idea of "good person".
But it sounds to me like that woman in the anecdote was looking for a good person and not for a bad seed, right?

Some chicks just don’t dig the 2008 affliction shirts and shadow boxing air on the walk back to the car. F them

@Clippy has this been your experience as a former martial artist?

With all this “WWE-esque” stuff UFC is pulling lately I feel like they are giving us martial artists a bad wrap among general public.

For example, I went on a date this past Friday and she asked me what I liked to do as a hobby. When I told her I practiced martial arts she was disgusted and associated it with all the negative aspects of UFC and the fighters (the shit talking, violence outside the Octagon, lack of sportmanship etc.). My date pretty much went downhill after that and now she won’t even respond to my texts. No joke.

What a dumb ignorant bitch. She sounds like the type you wouldn't want to get with anyway.

Girls don't like guys that do slap-dancing... er, Aikido. They like real men.

200.gif

You should have quoted Nick Diaz. "Sick of this all this baddest man on the planet bs I’ll fight for any tittle at Any weight @UFC wants to make bs wwf fights with guys that fight like shit and put on an act @DC_MMA would… instagram.com/p/BlKU3-ADc"

I bet you straight up told her you train the UFC with a puffed up chest like so
l3vRndi1rXNI5qXGE.gif
and she gave you that Shogun look.

Should've told her you train the forgotten art of Pride and she'd be wet instantly.

Long time martial artist here. I feel the same way for sure. I went to the dentist this week to get oral surgery. Laying back in the chair the dentist commented on my muscular arms and asked if I was into MMA. Rushing through my mind is how do I say yes but without associating myself with loud mouthed arrogant assholes and roided up cheaters.... instead of answering I asked him if he knew who Fedor was? He said yes. I said I am a fan of that kind of quiet humble MMA.

Martial arts set themselves up pretend ding it was honourable to begin with imo.

Back