As Bad as 2000 WCW was...

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
1999 was so much wose. soooooo much worse. Some of the most nonsensical stuff I have ever seen

At least 99 gave us Rap is Crap.

What are you talking about? The KISS Demon, Insane Clown Posse, The Misfits. Are you going to tell me that's not good wrestling or what?

In hindsight that trainwreck was really entertaining. If they ran episodes from then against the current Raws I'd watch those Nitros.

He was supposed to be like a boogie man type character. Came off more like a child molester. Did the character for 5 minutes then said "fuck this bullshit"

It was a strange choice to begin with, given that he was well known in the south as Dustin Rhodes, and nationally as Golddust, to spend all that time hyping an entirely new character who was clearly the same guy. Then to have him break almost immediately, it was too self aware. Even as a kid I thought it was all a big waste of time.

That said, if there's a nitro recap column that covers 99, I'd like to read through it just for the memories.

He was supposed to be like a boogie man type character. Came off more like a child molester. Did the character for 5 minutes then said "fuck this bullshit"

I had. K no idea he went back to wcw Aron f that time. This is fascinating. I wish I can get myself to watch wcw on the network

What are you talking about? The KISS Demon, Insane Clown Posse, The Misfits. Are you going to tell me that's not good wrestling or what?

Kiss Lip Syncing on Nitro....yeah that was great

WCW just couldn't pull off supernatural gimmicks. It just doesn't look right in a rednecky promotion, like WCW. Shockmaster, Yettay, Warrior, etc all looked like they trolling the audience. I'm not sure they could've gotten the Taker gimmick over. The only one that worked was Sting, but he was more of an outcast/loner than a supernatural being.

WCW just couldn't pull off supernatural gimmicks. It just doesn't look right in a rednecky promotion, like WCW. Shockmaster, Yettay, Warrior, etc all looked like they trolling the audience. I'm not sure they could've gotten the Taker gimmick over. The only one that worked was Sting, but he was more of an outcast/loner than a supernatural being.
come on, they were always great with special effects for supernatural things. Lol
9f6862130ba1c70fa4bf98d143c5554b.jpg

I know it gets a lot of hate but I love how intense Russo's worked shoot on Hogan sounded.

The thing that sucked the most about this era for me personally, was the fact that in Canada we finally got to watch Nitro on Wednesdays in mid 1998. By that time WWF was way further ahead and not turning back.

I'd still watch Nitro from 1998-2000 but it just wasnt the same as 1996-97

It was a strange choice to begin with, given that he was well known in the south as Dustin Rhodes, and nationally as Golddust, to spend all that time hyping an entirely new character who was clearly the same guy. Then to have him break almost immediately, it was too self aware. Even as a kid I thought it was all a big waste of time.

That said, if there's a nitro recap column that covers 99, I'd like to read through it just for the memories.

holy moly, Golddust and Seven were the same guy.

Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif

I don't think 2001 WCW gets enough credit for being... decent. But it was all far too late at that point.

I don't think 2001 WCW gets enough credit for being... decent. But it was all far too late at that point.
I agree, it was so far our there at times that it was good mindless entertainment.

Back