As my overhead pressing journey continues...

EatMyShorts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I became determined - in addition to hypertrophy'ing my ass into greatness - to build my upper body to unquestionable, "I'm here to fuck your girlfriend" status.

I was hitting bench and muscle press forever - without seeing the results I wanted.

I was hitting seat OHP and dumb bells overhead - slight bench incline - so I was hitting mostly upper chest.

Then - I started hitting, "The Press".

Standing overhead barbell.

With this lift, unlike seated - I can push my head through, which recruits primarily the upper traps, vs the upper pecs - to complete the lift.

Results.

I'm seeing them.

However - I max out at 65 kgs - which in contrast to my other lifts, ain't strong.

That being said - I'm only really getting a handle on the technique recently.

SPLIT STANCE - all day long.

I tried square stance, and it inhibits my shit.

Split stance - and I'm back on the road of progress.

What say you??

This guy again....

If you can’t stand with your feet shoulder width apart and press a barbell overhead, you are not fucking anyone’s girlfriend.

I became determined - in addition to hypertrophy'ing my ass into greatness - to build my upper body to unquestionable, "I'm here to fuck your girlfriend" status.
It's ok to be gay, bro.

Last edited:
"I can press more weight than you can roll" - Ken Patera

Kp2.jpg

I recently started pressing with the bar starting on my chest rather than floating at neck level, feels a bit odd but strength is still there.

Back