As the biggest Silva nuthugger/GSP detractor...

^^^GracieBJJAllDay is no casual. He's been here for years.

The light bulb just turned on. That's all. Is normal.
Ok I might’ve said that GSP is goat but that graciebjj whatever shit is still weird man lol

He did not win the first Thompson fight.

He did beat Maia though.

You can argue that Thompson could have won using their bad scoring system but not many people objected to the decision because Thompson got dropped hard and nearly submitted which was the most interesting and aggressive part of the entire fight.

Time stamped. For anyone who needs a refresher.

I don't need a refresher, TWood literally did not win the fight, Thompson won 3 rounds and it was scored a 47-47 tie.

Ah right. I had remembered him winning because he had retained the belt. Your totally right that he didn't technically win but regardless he still kept the belt so it was basically as good as a win.

Ah right. I had remembered him winning because he had retained the belt. Your totally right that he didn't technically win but regardless he still kept the belt so it was basically as good as a win.
It may count as a title defense ... but I don't know, that's an interesting question. But officially, Thompson won 3 rounds in the first fight, and it was a draw.

I think it is NOT a defense. Wish I knew the actual rules around it.

I'm actually kind of curious. Since I didn't get a chance to see any of your post pre-fight, what was your prediction going in?
Did you think Bisping was going to smoke him? Or did you think it would be close?

I personally had it 50/50 (as bold as that it so say haha) but just because of the 4 year lay off. I really do think Bisping deserves way WAY more respect than he gets from most MMA fans (not just appreciation, but respect....by which I mean if Bisping/Rockhold 3 were announced tomorrow, the odds should be almost even, same with weidman. If people think Bisping should be a 4 to 1 underdog to either of those guys they don't respect him regardless of how much they say they do)

I don't buy into this crap about Michael being a huge overachiever. I think he's a legit great fighter that gets a little careless with his head movement and let's himself get caught (but is saved by having a really good chin more so than not)

I get that a "better" fighter would've beaten Hendo easier like moose and vitor did, but styles make fights and Hendo's i'm going to hang back and throw one big punch is a nightmare style match up for a guy who throws low power/high volume shots and tries to out cardio everyone.

but based on his incredible ability to get back up (or just not be taken down in the first place) I truly believe Bisping vs Weidman would be a great match and Bisping vs Rockhold 2 was not a fluke at all, i'd love to see a trilogy it's anybody's game. THAT is how underrated Michael Bisping is in my opinion.
Man since when did bisping become a world beater, the one big fight he finally won was against rockhold.every other fightthat would have put him in prime position for a ts he lost.

What does the Rory fight being a snoozer have to do with the fact Woodley got soundly beaten? I don’t understand why people think he’d be a more challenging fight for GSP than Bisping. Bisping is a better striker and is bigger. Yeah because comparing a loss from a 3 years ago to over 10 years ago is comparable.

Woodley is simply a higher level fighter based on what? Bisping has faced more better fighters than Woodley ever has
The td is 10x harder + woodley has fight ending power.two things gsp has struggled with in the past

The td is 10x harder + woodley has fight ending power.two things gsp has struggled with in the past

Struggled in the past as in Hendricks? Not even he could KO GSP while he was doing it for fun and likely roided up in that fight. Woodley’s TDD won’t hold up, GSP would be the best wrestler he’s fought. You can’t say the same other way round

Last edited:
I think both are two of the greatest legends and P4P fighters ever in the UFC. I can't help but think there are many others like me.

Don't even put Anderson in the top 5. He is a fraud and a cheat. Anderson was never in the GOAT discussion anyways.

Fuck off! thats is your shit opinion!

AS was clean till proven otherwise! He cheated only after his gruesome leg injury

It may count as a title defense ... but I don't know, that's an interesting question. But officially, Thompson won 3 rounds in the first fight, and it was a draw.

I think it is NOT a defense. Wish I knew the actual rules around it.
It is not a defense. He retained the title. Same as when there was a draw between Frankie and Maynard. Frankie was credit with retaining the title, not with defending the title.

A champ needs to win to get credited with a defense. If they draw they just retain the belt. Essentially, they run it back and do it again.

dbSoweL.gif

Anderson silva busted for roids yet again is almost as disappointing as me finding out about Louie CK's shit.

Back