As US Looks To Returning To The Moon China Is Much More Interested In All Things Quantum

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
China is about to make major bets on becoming the world leader in quantum computing and quantum telecommunications. They started by building the largest quantum computing research lab in the world devoted to developing quantum computers.

This on top to the massive effort in AI development you get the picture China is pushing to become the dominant world power. This is not developing a new nuclear weapon this could pose far greater problems for the US and the world then any single nuclear weapon. Quantum computing and AI could upend world powers in ways that no one could see coming and a greater threat then North Korea and any other nuclear power could pose.

I cannot overstate the seriousness of this danger to the world stage and the direct an dangerous threat this poses in world leadership. It could redraw the map of the world in terms of creating a new paragon shift and turns the world of science behind it by decades.

"China is building a $10 billion research center for quantum applications. This news comes on the heels of the world’s first video call made via quantum-encrypted communications and the completion of a quantum-encrypted fiber optic trunk cable. The National Laboratory for Quantum Information Sciences is slated to open in 2020 and has two major research goals: quantum metrology and building a quantum computer."

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/...reakthroughs-in-ai-and-quantum-computing.html

Last edited:
Well, Mr. Ho's penis is especiarry small.

Sorry, had to.

We need to spend a fortune on it too.

Damn it, I really should of went to grad school.

People have to understand the significance of this and that China just may also open Pandora's box too because the race to this goal has been put at such a high priority by them. World leaders. Imagine machines a billion times more intelligent then this machine.

10 billion.

The burj khalifa was just over 1 billion to put that into perspective.

People have to understand the significance of this and that China just may also open Pandora's box too because the race to this goal has been put at such a high priority by them. World leaders. Imagine machines a billion times more intelligent then this machine.

First we need to establish what the consequences of opening pandora's box may be.

I strongly suspect the second a machine can efficiently start working on it's own design and someone lets them do it; all bets are off.

10 billion.

The burj khalifa was just over 1 billion to put that into perspective.
Correct and this just the tip of the iceberg what China willing to invest in the development of a new generation of intelligent machine that is millions to billions of orders of magnitude greater of what is currently out there today.

I guess we model our country after china now

First we need to establish what the consequences of opening pandora's box may be.

I strongly suspect the second a machine can efficiently start working on it's own design and someone lets them do it; all bets are off.

This is the case where machines connected to extremely powerful hive of evolutionary scale computing platforms that are independent of any single individual or Government to control it. I ran this through my head and could actually see where such machine could conceivably find ways to continue its operation without human involvement if it where to become intelligent enough to understand that fact. It sounds a lot like terminator but really less like terminator more like survivor till it found a way to continue running then terminator like possibilities come about because people could not understand their existence.

Did Asians invent anything noteworthy in the past 100 years. Or even, anything noteworthy in the entire modern age, starting from the 16th century. The Chinese always try to brute-force progress by pumping money into things, like that's how it works. According to Peterson, creative potential can be measured in psychometric tests. Maybe despite having higher overall IQ, Asians have lower creative potential, or maybe it's just a cultural thing. Either way I'll believe it when I see it. I don't see it, I don't believe it.

I guess we model our country after china now

More like we counter a greater threat to US and Europe then the cold wars of the 50's through the 80's.

Did Asians invent anything noteworthy in the past 100 years. Or even, anything noteworthy in the entire modern age, starting from the 16th century. The Chinese always try to brute-force progress by pumping money into things, like that's how it works. According to Peterson, creative potential can be measured in psychometric tests. Maybe despite having higher overall IQ, Asians have lower creative potential, or maybe it's just a cultural thing. Either way I'll believe it when I see it. I don't see it, I don't believe it.

Quantum teleportation, new generation of low cost microprocessor that is the base of current worlds fastest computer Sunway TaihuLight and other significant developments. Remember they are starting to just gain traction it will not be long till we're fighting to keep up with them. Don't fool yourself the next great war may not be on the battle field but in the lab.

Quantum teleportation, new generation of low cost microprocessor that is the base of current worlds fastest computer Sunway TaihuLight and other significant developments. Remember they are starting to just gain traction it will not be long till we're fighting to keep up with them. Don't fool yourself the next great war may not be on the battle field but in the lab.
really every great war should b based in the lab. We now have the means to develope world changing tech.

I really fail to understand how quantum computing is going to immediately lead to better AI

I really fail to understand how quantum computing is going to immediately lead to better AI
Quantum computing would break most of the encryption protocols. Although no one really knows how far the NSA has already progressed when it comes to this stuff.

Also, quantum computing algorithms can greatly speed up AI algorithms by the factor of millions or even billions.

The U.S is too busy sticking their faces in everybody's business. Maybe a China owned world would be better.

anigif_original_grid_image_8396_1417723137_5_by_jamesbreaker15-d9ic8yy.gif

3969548828_f3977a53f8_o.jpg

Back