ASH VS. EVIL DEAD Thread (Cancelled After Season 3)

Fuck yeah, needs me some Ashy Slashy to watch. Time to ogle Dana DeLorenzo again.

Thanks for the reminder, I would have missed it otherwise.

Going to DVR the premiere tonight and watch it tomorrow night.

Both seasons have been pretty solid. Lots of blood and gore, solid acting from the leads, and the right amount of humor. Never takes itself too seriously.

It was pretty boring until the end of the episode. I give it a 6/10

I checked out the first two episodes of season 1 the other night. It's... interesting. I guess part of the charm of the show is its corniness and over the top antics. Will check out more episodes tonight.

This show is doing it right. Great first two episodes of season 3.

Letting some episodes build up on demand, so I can binge later.

First two seasons were, dare I say, perfect.

I checked out the first two episodes of season 1 the other night. It's... interesting. I guess part of the charm of the show is its corniness and over the top antics. Will check out more episodes tonight.

Yeah, it's more ED2/AOD than ED1. Although, in the series, I find the corniness just right and it doesn't venture into pure cringe territory, like some moments in the movies did. It also helps that the cast is great, and they play off each other perfectly. The story line and set pieces are also so creative, that it never gets tiresome either. Compared to TWD, where if you've seen one zombie's head get smashed, you've seen them all, this is always finding new cool ways to gross you out.

The series just hits that sweet spot, and never crosses the line into lazy lameness.

Checked out the first three episodes. Hasn't dropped in quality one bit. That funeral home scene was hysterical.

The way they set it up to make it look like Ash just fucked the shit out of the corpse, had me laughing for a good two minutes straight.

Am I the only one who hates Evil Dead and Bruce Campbell? I remember seeing Army of darkness as a kid and hating it. I just don’t get the slapstick it’s so stupid it’s good thing.

Evil Dead remake was great though

Am I the only one who hates Evil Dead and Bruce Campbell? I remember seeing Army of darkness as a kid and hating it. I just don’t get the slapstick it’s so stupid it’s good thing.

I hear you. I'm actually not a huge fan of ED2 and AOD. It does cross that line into terribly unfunny, lame, cheesy to a fault territory.

The show however, hits the sweet spot. Don't let your hate for the movies stop you from checking the series out, if you get the chance. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit corny here and there, but it has a certain charm, that the movies didn't. It's over the top camp, but the comedy is genuinely funny, as opposed to the more awkward, try hard slapstick comedy of the movies. The characters are also just perfect for the material, and they never oversell it to where you're rolling your eyes, and cringing at just how bad it is.

It also balances out the camp, with some truly incredible and inventive sequences of pure, ridiculous gore. Each episode gives you something new to feast your eyes on.

tumblr_m6g75cWmjR1qedb29o1_500.gif

Starz isn't going going to renew the show for Seaon 4

Back