ASH VS. EVIL DEAD Thread (Cancelled After Season 3)

Pretty sure this IP had ran it's course...

They could make a bad ass Ash vs Jason vs Freddy movie I guess?

Love you, Bruce.

What a classy, grounded, awesome perspective.

He’s mentioned that the cast is all down with making a movie so this might not be the end for Ashy Slashy. I'd love to see one last bang, maybe he passes the chainsaw to a new generation.

I fucked him
Come on now, we all know he fucked you.

Last edited:
Kind of pissed it's being cancelled, but it's okay to go out on a high, instead of waiting for it to inevitably drop in quality.

I'm shocked the show was made at all, and was as good as it was, so three damn fine seasons of Evil Dead insanity is more than I could ask for.

Who knows though? It did just hit Netflix, and depending on how well it's doing there, I wouldn't be surprised if it got a revival over there. I mean, Starz is kind of a niche premium cable network.

The downer with Netflix is that they haven't "rescued" a show in some time. Longmire's the last one I can think of, and that was cancelled by A&E out of spite, not because it was dying. They did poach Black Mirror from Channel 4, but that's a different matter.

But yeah, as much as I'll miss it, it's going out before it turns to shit. Dirk Gently's recent cancellation was the same for me too.

Watched most of the first season, surprised it had 3 seasons, show sucked pretty bad

Well starz is a shit channel anyway

Long live Ash

This show is severely missing a clever intelligence that Army of Darkness had, and it's also missing a dark horror thing that the Evil Dead's had.

What this show puts in their place, is a bunch of blood & guts, and really stupid convoluted nonsensical 'plot', neither of which is a good substitute.

That said... it's still better to have some Ash, rather than no Ash. So I guess I find it worth watching.

I'll have to admit i haven't given this show much of a chance at all but my initial impressions were similar. Part of me probably doesn't want to give the show a chance because I generally hate when franchises get rebooted with the same actors 20-30 years after the fact. I am a huge fan of Evil Dead and even saw AOD in the theaters when i was a grade school but for some reason this series isn't peaking my interest at all and doesn't remotely remind me of actually being in the Raimi Evil Dead universe(1981-1992).

I'll have to admit i haven't given this show much of a chance at all but my initial impressions were similar. Part of me probably doesn't want to give the show a chance because I generally hate when franchises get rebooted with the same actors 20-30 years after the fact. I am a huge fan of Evil Dead and even saw AOD in the theaters when i was a grade school but for some reason this series isn't peaking my interest at all and doesn't remotely remind me of actually being in the Raimi Evil Dead universe(1981-1992).

If anything, do yourself a favor and watch the very first episode, which is the only one directed by Sam Raimi, and does feel like that universe, with some great moments.

The rest of it is comfort food just to have Bruce onscreen, but really doesn’t live up to the old films imo.

Honestly i havent even finished season 2.

It got old imo, first season was great

Its a good thing they pulled the plug

One more movie with Bruce would be dope

If anything, do yourself a favor and watch the very first episode, which is the only one directed by Sam Raimi, and does feel like that universe, with some great moments.

The rest of it is comfort food just to have Bruce onscreen, but really doesn’t live up to the old films imo.

If I recall I watched the first 2 episodes when it originally came out and by the end of episode 2 I really didn't care much or I just lost track and didn't keep watching.

CANCELED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

my life... what has it become?

What was the budget for the show? Its ratings were pretty decent for a friday/saturday show. It looks very cheap so most of the money must have went to Bruce and Lucy

What was the budget for the show? Its ratings were pretty decent for a friday/saturday show. It looks very cheap so most of the money must have went to Bruce and Lucy

I think it might just be a case of it running it's course, and them wanting to give something else a chance in that time slot, because it's spinning it's tires in the ratings and they have something else lined up that they're pumping money into.

Starz tends to not keep shows around for very long.

It needs to happen sooner than later. Bruce is almost 60.

It would be awesome at any age. Ash isn’t Jason Bourne, I’m sure Bruce Campbell would be compelling & hilarious fighting demons in his 80s.

Back