Asian American groups protest Trump's stance on DACA and legal immigration

The older generation of East Asians are tough conservative people. The next gen is too usually. However, after a while the younger generations become limpwristed like leftist snowflakes.
I see this with some of my closest friends. It was fun going to their house when we were young experiencing the authentic culture their parents and grand parents brought over. But as we get older they are just typical Americans. Which is cool... but also sucks.

LOL at trying to get those moral victories, Trump sucked with Asians simple as that.

Claiming Asia is the big enemy, mocking the Japanese, and outright attacking LEGAL immigration.

29% is a significant percentage compared to other minorities. It's the highest percentage. It's been in decline thanks to Bush and yes Trump but it's still relevant.

If it were to be broken down into separate categories for South Asians and East Asians it would better.

Here in America when we're talking about Asians were not talking about some Muslim Pakistani.

It's so weird how white guys, particularly Trump supporters, have all these anecdotes about Asian people, Latino people, and black people supporting Trump, yet every objective study finds the opposite.

29% of Asian Americans voted for Trump. So, no, he's not popular with the Asian American community.

I literally laughed out loud. But on a more serious note, the treatment of Asian Americans by mainstream supporters of certain conservative policies always fascinates me and I support many of those conservative policies. I don't support DACA for example.

These conservative policy supporters always seem to point to Asian American outcomes as justification for some of the conservative belief systems (the "Look at the Asians, therefore nothing is possibly wrong" mantra) while disregarding the actual political leanings of the Asian American community as a whole on those self-same issues. I'm surprised it doesn't get mentioned more often.

You have to realize that has nothing to do with what I typed or what I responded to, right? You do realize this?

I mean this is a thread about Asian American groups protesting for more immigration. That would suggest that the liberals you claim hate this country are the Asians who are arguing for more immigration and against the conservative President. :eek:

I'm sure that you already realized this...

thinking-face_1f914.png

What you did was try and attribute the immigration of Asians to the United States to a lack of inclusivity to immigrants by their native countries. That is quite the stretch. Maybe that isn't why they came here at all though and maybe it actually is incredibly ironic.

These conservative policy supporters always seem to point to Asian American outcomes as justification for some of the conservative belief systems (the "Look at the Asians, therefore nothing is possibly wrong" mantra) while disregarding the actual political leanings of the Asian American community as a whole on those self-same issues. I'm surprised it doesn't get mentioned more often.

Yeah, it makes you wonder how within a generation or two Koreans in LA, who spoke very little English, managed to flourish while living in the same ghettos as Blacks and Hispanics.

I'm sure those first Koreans were super liberal with their children. I'm sure they didn't attempt to instill those old school values that conservatives preach.

29% is a significant percentage compared to other minorities. It's the highest percentage. It's been in decline thanks to Bush and yes Trump but it's still relevant.

Its virtualy identical to how Trump fared with Latino voters, so its not overwhelming in anyway.

LOL thanks to Bush? Bush did far better than Trump with both Asians and Latinos, if you want to blame someone blame the republican party and its fearmongering, identity politics strategy which has alienated true conservatives.

If it were to be broken down into separate categories for South Asians and East Asians it would better.

South Asians represent a minority of all Asians, it would be a couple points at best.

Here in America when we're talking about Asians were not talking about some Muslim Pakistani.

Indeed, because Pakistanis represent like what? 0.1% of the US population?

My experience with the East Asian community, which is admittedly limited to affluent immigrants, does not jive. I'm perfectly willing to accept your point if you provide citations.

There are two conflicting results. One (exit poll) shows a 65c 29t split, and the other a (14000 person survey performed by an asian american organization) 75-19 split.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-...t-polling-missed-mark-asian-americans-n682491

(two different polls)
http://aaldef.org/TheAsianAmericanVote2016-AALDEF.pdf
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/president

http://naasurvey.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/NAAS2016-Oct5-report.pdf (preekectuib

>50% of asian americans in louisiana voted for Trump. This was the highest % nationally.

The vietnamese-american community is the most conservative asian american community. It's not a muslim/nonmuslim split, though. Chinese-americans, indian-americans, and korean-americans vote heavily for democrats, but most groups apart from vietnamese americans and cambodian americans are above the 60% mark.

Yeah, it makes you wonder how within a generation or two Koreans in LA, who spoke very little English, managed to flourish while living in the same ghettos as Blacks and Hispanics.

I'm sure those first Koreans were super liberal with their children. I'm sure they didn't attempt to instill those old school values that conservatives preach.

You talk as if Trump was a true conservative. Anyone with a brain can see through his lies.

Its virtualy identical to how Trump fared with Latino voters, so its not overwhelming in anyway.

Thats actually pretty good. Why do you think so many latino voters supported Trump?

I see this with some of my closest friends. It was fun going to their house when we were young experiencing the authentic culture their parents and grand parents brought over. But as we get older they are just typical Americans. Which is cool... but also sucks.

My dad's best friend is a Japanese-mexican, whose father had grown in Imperial Japan.

Told me stories about how his dad beat him up and tried to model him on Japanese values and cultures, it didnt worked out, he and my dad ended up as the archetypical rich hippies.

I havent met a single second gen japanese who managed to keep its culture.

Asian families are the most conservative in the US. Also the most racist.

You talk as if Trump was a true conservative. Anyone with a brain can see through his lies.

You think that a "true conservative" is a thing?

I think history has pretty clearly resolved that any post-19th century American conservative is happily bent toward authoritarianism, racism, cronyism, and reactionary policies. I mean, the entire Republican community supported the PATRIOT Act, routine military spending increases, and basically whatever war is proposed.

As far as I can tell, the only two requirements of a 2017 conservative is that they hate foreigners and want to distribute capital upward.

Asian families are the most conservative in the US. Also the most racist.

Again, [citation needed]

All the data offered so far seems to point toward you being full of shit and a shameless race commodifier.

EDIT: Also, any time a person refers to Asians as the "most racist" US demographic, it just shoes that they have never met a white man south of the Mason-Dixon.

Thats actually pretty good. Why do you think some many latino voters supported Trump?

They didnt, they supported the Republican party.

Latino conservatives voted overwhelmingly in favor of Rubio in Florida and Cruz in Texas.

You think that a "true conservative" is a thing?

I think history has pretty clearly resolved that any post-19th century American conservative is happily bent toward authoritarianism, racism, cronyism, and reactionary policies. I mean, the entire Republican community supported the PATRIOT Act, routine military spending increases, and basically whatever war is proposed.

As far as I can tell, the only two requirements of a 2017 conservative is that they hate foreigners and want to distribute capital upward.

A true conservative would IMO be economically like Eisenhower and socially conservative like the Bushes.

Not ironic at all. Maybe that lack of inclusiveness is part of why they came here and didn't stay there.
That's true for some, for historically disadvantaged groups. Can't say that is the case for Koreans, Han, upper caste Indians etc..

Didn't even mention Trump in that post.

You are talking about someone being conservative and voting for Trump as if it was the only logical option. You can be conservative and despise Trump.

I think i saw somewhere that Cruz beat Trump among hispanics by close to 30 points in Texas.

Trump wasnt popular among latinos, if he got 1/3rd of the hispanic vote is simply because of the republican party carried him.

thinking-face_1f914.png

What you did was try and attribute the immigration of Asians to the United States to a lack of inclusivity to immigrants by their native countries. That is quite the stretch. Maybe that isn't why they came here at all though and maybe it actually is incredibly ironic.

Actually, I was responding to someone else's attribution by pointing out that the exact opposite of his reasoning could have been the impetus for their coming here, negating the implied irony.

Like I said, I don't think you understood what I was actually responding to.

Back