Asian American groups protest Trump's stance on DACA and legal immigration

They may be funded by the likes of Soros and Ford foundation but they aren't being used , they are doing something it for self interest and are getting funding from entities like Ford and Soros.

You could make the case that their interests align with the big money players. I think that is partially true, but I really don't think they would know what they are being funded for, when it comes down to it. As in, what role they play on the larger board.

No you have misunderstood. You said people coming here were doing so because of a lack of inclusiveness, which could mean they were from underpriviledged groups or they didn't feel their society was inclusive. I said that is not likely a reason for upper caste Hindus, Koreans and Han who are all the dominant groups in their respective homelands.

No, I didn't say they were coming because of a lack of inclusiveness. I was refuting your statement that

...if America was dominated by Koreans, Chinese,Japanese,Pakistanis or many others, they would never let in different races and in Islam's case they would never let in non-Muslims.

Because of the obvious point I already made. If America was dominated by any of those ethnic groups, it would only be because they emigrated here to a foreign land in great numbers as immigrants. Thus the implication that a heavily immigrant group would share the same belief system of a group that chooses not to immigrate is pretty flawed from the start.

You equating the belief system of the people who stayed in the homeland with the belief system of the people who chose to leave the homeland on the very issue where their actions have diverged is the error I was addressing.

You could make the case that their interests align with the big money players. I think that is partially true, but I really don't think they would know what they are being funded for, when it comes down to it. As in, what role they play on the larger board.

They are protesting Trump's DACA plan and immigration restrictions because it negatively affects Asians. They say it themselves. What interest other than ethnic could the average Asian share with the likes of Soros and Ford Foundation, in the context of DACA and immigration?

All I am saying is they are not usefull idiots like the Christian Zionists who support NeoCons or liberal rank-n-file who support Islamic chauvinism.

They are protesting Trump's DACA plan and immigration restrictions because it negatively affects Asians. They say it themselves. What interest other than ethnic could the average Asian share with the likes of Soros and Ford Foundation, in the context of DACA and immigration?

All I am saying is they are not usefull idiots like the Christian Zionists who support NeoCons or liberal rank-n-file who support Islamic chauvinism.

My comment wasn't to do with DACA in particular, which I am not up to speed on the details. Most identity politic groups will lobby for more immigration and against any sort of restrictions, so that is pretty normal.

The overlap there is just the immigration and demographic engineering (diversification) desires of the people upstairs. On those terms I'd say their interests do align.

No, I didn't say they were coming because of a lack of inclusiveness. I was refuting your statement that

Because of the obvious point I already made. If America was dominated by any of those ethnic groups, it would only be because they emigrated here to a foreign land in great numbers as immigrants. Thus the implication that a heavily immigrant group would share the same belief system of a group that chooses not to immigrate is pretty flawed from the start.

You equating the belief system of the people who stayed in the homeland with the belief system of the people who chose to leave the homeland on the very issue where their actions have diverged is the error I was addressing.
You said: " Not ironic at all. Maybe that lack of inclusiveness is part of why they came here and didn't stay there."

in response to me saying: "Also it is ironic that Asian American groups are opposing Trump for wanting to reduce non-White immigrants, because if America was dominated by Koreans, Chinese,Japanese,Pakistanis or many others, they would never let in different races and in Islam's case they would never let in non-Muslims"

I took your respose to mean the Koreans, Japanese, Pakistanis,Chinese and others came here because they did not feel their homeland was inclusive or inclusive enough.

If America was dominated by any of those aforementioned groups, I was hypothetically alluding to them being the majority either as colonist settlers who conqueered the natives or as immigrants. Either way, if they were the dominant culture in America, they would not be multi-cultural like Anglo American culture is.They would not support diversity and immigration open to all.

You are assuming that Asians and MidEasterners when they leave their homeland suddenly leave all their customs, prejudices, norms and ethnocentric attitudes. American is not Magic dirt that will surely turn new immigrants into genuine progressives.

My comment wasn't to do with DACA in particular, which I am not up to speed on the details. Most identity politic groups will lobby for more immigration and against any sort of restrictions, so that is pretty normal.

The overlap there is just the immigration and demographic engineering (diversification) desires of the people upstairs. On those terms I'd say their interests do align.
Yes they align, but what I was saying is that these protesting Asian groups aren't doing it because Soros managed to hoodwink them.

You said: " Not ironic at all. Maybe that lack of inclusiveness is part of why they came here and didn't stay there."

in response to me saying: "Also it is ironic that Asian American groups are opposing Trump for wanting to reduce non-White immigrants, because if America was dominated by Koreans, Chinese,Japanese,Pakistanis or many others, they would never let in different races and in Islam's case they would never let in non-Muslims"

I took your respose to mean the Koreans, Japanese, Pakistanis,Chinese and others came here because they did not feel their homeland was inclusive or inclusive enough.

If America was dominated by any of those aforementioned groups, I was hypothetically alluding to them being the majority either as colonist settlers who conqueered the natives or as immigrants. Either way, if they were the dominant culture in America, they would not be multi-cultural like Anglo American culture is.They would not support diversity and immigration open to all.

You are assuming that Asians and MidEasterners when they leave their homeland suddenly leave all their customs, prejudices, norms and ethnocentric attitudes. American is not Magic dirt that will surely turn new immigrants into genuine progressives.

I understand how you took my response. But that's because when you presented your original statement, you completely disregarded the mindset that would lead people to leave their perfectly homogeneous society in the first place. You simply transplanted them from one half of the world to the other half of world without addressing the actual human elements that would have driven that movement in the first place.

While you claim that I assume that they would leave all of their customs, prejudices, norms and ethnocentric attitudes, I actually overtly stated the opposite. I said that the only thing we can know they differ on is their attachment to a homogeneous society.

Because if they maintained the same affinity for homogeneity as those in their homeland, they would not have left their homeland or they would have returned to it as soon as an opportunity presented itself. The Asians that chose to leave a mono-cultural society to permanently join a multicultural society clearly diverge from those in their homeland on the importance of mono-culturalism to their lives.

I know about that too. It's called paper sons. That's how a lot of these folks came here in the early days. But they still came here legally, though through some loopholes but still legal and smart. I mean it's not very legal if they get caught but at least they try. It was still a lot of work. They had to memorize a lot of fake family history and pay a shit load of money. It was also harder to come here back in the days with the Chinese Exclusion Act.

Still more legal than these blatant illegals. They not even trying to hide the fact that they're breaking the laws.

The point is, in the eyes of the law, they are legal.

DACA (illegals who were brought here as minors by parents... Meaning they didn't jump any line) and LEGAL immigration

They're not being sympathetic to border jumpers, unless you'd classify children who had no choice as such.

I literally laughed out loud. But on a more serious note, the treatment of Asian Americans by mainstream supporters of certain conservative policies always fascinates me and I support many of those conservative policies. I don't support DACA for example.

These conservative policy supporters always seem to point to Asian American outcomes as justification for some of the conservative belief systems (the "Look at the Asians, therefore nothing is possibly wrong" mantra) while disregarding the actual political leanings of the Asian American community as a whole on those self-same issues. I'm surprised it doesn't get mentioned more often.
Not just that but they also project certain things like "They vote Republican unlike X groups" even though that is factually incorrect and is moving in the opposite direction. Must be very disappointing because they want them to vote (R) so bad... you guys work hard and obey the law, you HAVE to vote my way! You're the good guys like us!

Yeah, it makes you wonder how within a generation or two Koreans in LA, who spoke very little English, managed to flourish while living in the same ghettos as Blacks and Hispanics.

I'm sure those first Koreans were super liberal with their children. I'm sure they didn't attempt to instill those old school values that conservatives preach.
First you have to define conservatism.
Allot of the Islamic extremists are CONSERVATIVE.

conservative values are different between cultures.

Next at what extent do those values mean within a household?

I grew up in a conservative household that was run by addicts. The extent of their conservativism was aesthetic and traditionaly anything blacks were not know for. (Except certain drugs).

Allot of asian families are conservative in education and family matters but really nothing else.

Allot of liberal families are the same way.

On mexicans (poor migrant kind)....they are usually oldschool catholic conservative but not educational conservative.

Or maybe they moved here because it is the greatest county to have ever existed and a land of opportunities, a land liberals hate oh so much.

Are you kidding? why would they want to be on a land built by white racist slave owners who stole it from the natives and in fact the country celebrates that like Columbus day. This is just crazy, must be the same reason the people so guilt ridden by USA history just talk bs and stay....

Yes they align, but what I was saying is that these protesting Asian groups aren't doing it because Soros managed to hoodwink them.

Soros just finances groups that advance his and his classes aims. I agree that sort of arrangement isn't really hoodwinking, despite the reasons why that money comes in typically not being revealed.

Actually, I was responding to someone else's attribution by pointing out that the exact opposite of his reasoning could have been the impetus for their coming here, negating the implied irony.

Like I said, I don't think you understood what I was actually responding to.

Fair enough, I guess I don't understand your response to the original quote because his post has some merit to it and I don't see the reason for your response other than to be a contrarian.

<Fedor23>

A lot of that has to do with Trump himself. And that dufus Bush. However South Asians like Pakis, Bangladeshis, Indians vote overwhelmingly democrat. Not surprised. Lots of muslims..they like soft democrats.

East Asians on the other hand tend to vote more republican. According the exit polls 67% of Vietnamese voted for Mccain. The majority of Asians in Louisiana voted for Trump.

You beat me to it.

I think you might be misunderstanding the problem. You're saying the Koreans, Han and upper caste Indians that come here don't want to be around other ethnic groups. The obvious logical gap being that if the immigrants that came here didn't want to be around other ethnic groups...they wouldn't come here or they would come, get their degrees, and go back to homogeneous societies (which many do).

The core problem is that you discussing the positions of people who have chosen extremely divergent life choices as if they are identical in belief system. There is no logical argument to support the belief that the viewpoint of Koreans who leave Korea is identical to the viewpoint of Koreans who do not leave Korea on the issue of immigration. Their actual choices would strongly support the idea that they have different opinions on immigration on at least one, very obvious, basic level, lol.

Obviously Vietnamese are here because they would have been in communists camps otherwise.
Even other East Asians are not here because they love diversity. They are here because there is more upward mobility in America. Read on Chinese professors and the hard time they have getting tenure in China compared to here. The same is true for other professionals. Taiwan and Korea are the same but for different reasons. The countries are over educated.

People would rather live among the other and have professional success. That does not mean in a perfect world they would not have to live with the other

Back