Aside from Murder, The UK consistently had more crime than USA

People act like Glasgow is so rough but I walked around there by myself @ 16 yrs old and wasn't worried at all.
depends on the area. its a pretty big place but as I said if you were wearing a rangers or celtic top in the wrong area you would quickly have a different view

depends on the area. its a pretty big place but as I said if you were wearing a rangers or celtic top in the wrong area you would quickly have a different view

Well that's pretty much like anywhere then. People act like such an such an area if Calgary is rough but I've lived in all the rough areas and never had a problem.

All the crime stats are from the same small minority of idiots victimizimg amd being victimized by other members of the same group.

those male pansies would fucking own you 1 on 1 mr "I need a gun for protection" :p

but wtf do America know about actual warriors?
America has been the best in Olympics, sports, combat sports owning the world and being the most powerful for how long? Your swamp would be called Russia if it wasn't for us

America has been the best in Olympics, sports, combat sports owning the world and being the most powerful for how long? Your swamp would be called Russia if it wasn't for us
tenor.gif

you guys literally wouldnt exist if not for us

You're comparing LONDON to the entire UNITED STATES?

How fucking dumb are you guys? Try comparing Chicago/New York to the entire UK, rural areas and all and the difference will be even more pronounced, but it will still be a fallacious comparison. And that's beside the fact that the difference in criminal offense categorization between the UK and US has been repeated ad infinitum.

http://blog.skepticallibertarian.co...e-uk-really-5-times-more-violent-than-the-us/

I swear right-wingers can't do anything right.

It's incredible to me how completely unexceptional people are able to convince themselves of their virtue by way of their country - and its feats that they had nothing to do with.

Also, the "you'd be called Russia" statement is just stupid. If it weren't for the Russians, the US would be speaking German. If it weren't for the French, the United States might still be part of the UK. The "we saved your ass" argument is moronic if you have any concept of military history.

London reported 30-40 percent more burglaries and robberies per capita than the USA in 2015.

If you don't fully understand the parameters for statistics they are prone to be misused.

USA = 1,205 people per square mile
London = 11,738 people per square mile

Urban environments with higher people will always have higher crime than the countryside. Comparing the per capita crime rate to the whole of the US is misleading.

Compare London to NYC, Chicago, Phoenix, Los Angeles etc and the disparity will be alot smaller.

I tried to read NYC's crime statistics and gave up cause i'd have to try and find the same format for UK

it says England and Wales..... which is not "the UK", its part of the UK.

So no, Im much safer in Scotland than in anywhere in America

Is this correct or fake news?

When you say anywhere in America are you sure that is correct?

UK murder rate: Highest in country held by Scottish police division ...
https://www.express.co.uk › News › UK
May 12, 2018 - A SCOTTISH police division had the highest murder rate in the UK last year, despite local politicians lavishing praise on the SNP's policing and ...

Vermont shows a lower number than I see in the information above. I once lived in a county that went 74 years withoiut a murder.

It is a little unfair to compare a nation to a city.

it says England and Wales..... which is not "the UK", its part of the UK.

So no, Im much safer in Scotland than in anywhere in America

lol... no I live in an area that is super safe and there is no crime. I never have to even lock my doors.

tZOvNWs.png

There isn't much for diversity here though.

mqt_demo.png

Aside from the shitty areas of the big city's the U.S. is an overall safe place.

It's incredible to me how completely unexceptional people are able to convince themselves of their virtue by way of their country - and its feats that they had nothing to do with.

Also, the "you'd be called Russia" statement is just stupid. If it weren't for the Russians, the US would be speaking German. If it weren't for the French, the United States might still be part of the UK. The "we saved your ass" argument is moronic if you have any concept of military history.
no shit sherlock I was pointing out the basic things to a America hating leftist. Try to follow along

Looks like their gun control laws are stopping their crimes from turning into murders

Looks like their gun control laws are stopping their crimes from turning into murders

But Scotland has a higher murder rate than Vermont. Is it the gun laws making Vermont safer?

So what?

To put this into context of all of the usual conversations. They have fewer guns so they have fewer murders. If they had more guns, they'd have less crime. I think...maybe.

Ethnic minorities are driving up crime rates, just like the U.S., except the U.S. has a larger percentage of ethnic minorities and has the lower crime rates.

Seems the takeaway should be be to not compare crime rates across different countries.

So what?

To put this into context of all of the usual conversations. They have fewer guns so they have fewer murders. If they had more guns, they'd have less crime. I think...maybe.

Ethnic minorities are driving up crime rates, just like the U.S., except the U.S. has a larger percentage of ethnic minorities and has the lower crime rates.

Seems the takeaway should be be to not compare crime rates across different countries.

I don't think it is that cut and dry and it is hard to get consistency. When I looked up the 2017 murder rate in Scotland it was higher than Vermont. Guns may be a factor but it has to be much more than that. Vermont has some of the most free gun laws in the nation.

Would need to see a UK or England as a whole vs USA for a fair comparison.

This is like having a Chicago VS British countryside crime comparison. Guess what, America loses that one

Well that's pretty much like anywhere then. People act like such an such an area if Calgary is rough but I've lived in all the rough areas and never had a problem.

All the crime stats are from the same small minority of idiots victimizimg amd being victimized by other members of the same group.
I've wandered through all parts of Calgary in various states of inebriation (in my teens as well as an adult) and only had problems downtown. This city is quite civilized.

Is this correct or fake news?

When you say anywhere in America are you sure that is correct?

UK murder rate: Highest in country held by Scottish police division ...
https://www.express.co.uk › News › UK
May 12, 2018 - A SCOTTISH police division had the highest murder rate in the UK last year, despite local politicians lavishing praise on the SNP's policing and ...

Vermont shows a lower number than I see in the information above. I once lived in a county that went 74 years withoiut a murder.

It's not fake news.

Your link says:
There were 11 homicides in Renfrewshire and Inverclyde in 2017-18 giving a murder rate of 4.3 per 100,000 inhabitants, ahead of big cities such as London and New York

American murder rate:
5.35 per 100,000.

So statistically speaking their worst area is still safer than the American Average. Are there safer areas in America than Renfrewshire? Obviously, it's how statistics work.

But that doesn't really answer your question. It's comparing the worst part of scotland to the entirety of America.

The statement was that Scotland is safer than any part of America.

Statistically speaking it is pretty much true. Every single state in America has a higher murder rate than Scotland.
Scotland 1.1 per 100,000.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate_by_decade#2010s

New Hampshire is the safest in America 1.3 per 100,000
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_homicide_rate

Of course if you want to break America into counties so you have thousands of different areas to compare to Scotland as a whole and you'll find some statistical anomalies that back up your point.

It's intellectually dishonest but possible.

Back